Need a New Car Under 20 Lakh Budget (Bought Used Innova V7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I m posting this thread because I m buying a new car till 13-20L budget.

The cars which I shortlist is,

1.VW Vento High Line TDI
2.Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX (O) CRDI
3.Mahindra XUV500 W6 or W8
4.Toyota Innova GX or VX
5.Chevy Cruze LT or LTZ and
6.Skoda Laura Ambition or Elegance

Didn't consider Jetta,Corolla,Elantra,Safari,Scorpio and Fluence due to some reasons.

We had already booked and cancelled Duster.Why we cancelled Duster due to under powered engine and 5-6 month waiting period.

So,this is the replacement for Swift VDI,which had done nearly 70K Km in 30 months 11 days.

We need only Diesel.As our running per day is close to 100 Km.Monthly running is 2K to 3K Km per month.So,yearly close to 30-35K Km per year.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Need a New Car Under 20 Lakh Budget.

You have a quite flexible budget. Please answer a few questions as mentioned in this link that would help us to suggest a suitable car.
Didn't consider Jetta,Corolla,Elantra,Safari,Scorpio and Fluence due to some reasons.
These are some of the worthy cars. Would you like to share that reason with us?

Drive Safe,
350Z

How is your driving pattern?
If its on tarmac all the time that is good roads you can go for any sedans which fit your bill. They all belong to the premium segment so there is nothing wrong in any of your choices.

Cruze for highway mile munching.
Laura if skoda after sales is good.

Since you have a pretty flexible budget which fits quite a good no of sedans and SUV's as well.

If you are looking for a sedan than i would suggest you to go with Skoda Laura Elegance variant. This sedan has everything you need power, style, space, comfort and status. But check the A.S.S before that, do some research about the dealer from where you will be buying it.

And for the SUV XUV 500 W8 since you ruled out the Safari and Scorpio. XUV again very nice SUV and i think is a VFM. You will have looks, power and never ending list of features in this car.

Also if you interested try looking at the Ford Endeavour. That's a nice SUV as well (MONSTER)

Since you have a pretty flexible budget which fits quite a good no of sedans and SUV's as well.

If you are looking for a sedan than i would suggest you to go with Skoda Laura Elegance variant. This sedan has everything you need power, style, space, comfort and status. But check the A.S.S before that, do some research about the dealer from where you will be buying it.

And for the SUV XUV 500 W8 since you ruled out the Safari and Scorpio. XUV again very nice SUV and i think is a VFM. You will have looks, power and never ending list of features in this car.

Also if you interested try looking at the Ford Endeavour. That's a nice SUV as well (MONSTER)
Ford Endeavour has a very bad ride quality and is above 20 lakhs and it has leaf springs in rear .

Thread Starter #8
Yesterday saw my cousin's XUV500 W8 July 2012 and I was mighty impressed.I don't want Endeavor,because we had Ford before.

We use the car on all types of roads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yesterday saw my cousin's XUV500 W8 July 2012 and I was mighty impressed.I don't want Endeavor,because we had Ford before.
If you are more inclined towards XUV, you can put your money on that product it surely is a good product,otherwise out of your list i would pick Cruze.

In sedans my pick would be Cruze for it's sheer driveability and diesel economy. Second fav. would be Laura TSI. In SUVs, as Visran and others pointed out, XUV is a fantastic product.
Also, just for the sake of it have a test drive of X1, you never know what might surprise you. [evil]

freakdude.

Hello,

I m posting this thread because I m buying a new car till 13-20L budget.

The cars which I shortlist is,

1.VW Vento High Line TDI
2.Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX (O) CRDI
3.Mahindra XUV500 W6 or W8
4.Toyota Innova GX or VX
5.Chevy Cruze LT or LTZ and
6.Skoda Laura Ambition or Elegance

We had already booked and cancelled Duster.Why we cancelled Duster due to under powered engine and 5-6 month waiting period.

So,this is the replacement for Swift VDI,which had done nearly 70K Km in 30 months 11 days.

We need only Diesel.As our running per day is close to 100 Km.Monthly running is 2K to 3K Km per month.So,yearly close to 30-35K Km per year.

If you're looking for car with:
- Fairly high driver seating position
- Very comfortable driver seating
- Fairly good clutch and stick.
- Excellent steering wheel
- Excellent breaking (with ABS)
- Excellent handling even at high speeds
- Fairly good safety record
- Very comfortable seats for 3-4 passengers (excluding the driver)
- A drive-train that will serve you well for at least 10 years
- Fairly ok ground clearance
- Very low maintenance (every 10K km)
- Great for long drives
- Priced less than 20Lakhs
- Ok to be driven by the owner or a driver

Then go for Toyota Innova Vx model (since it's got driver and co-passenger Airbags, ACC + few more goodies)

Note --> based on my discussions with lots of friends who own and drive a variety of cars:
- Skoda could be expensive to maintain
- Chevy is expensive to maintain
- Mahindra service could suck big time (especially while you rectify the initial niggles which cannot be completely ruled out)
- Hyundai is as good as Toyota (make sure the new Verna's suspension suits your needs though)
- Check the mileage and service network of VW. I think VW is still a new comer.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Just in case if you happen to decide to buy the big dabba Innova, take multiple TDs to figure out which seating configuration (7 vs 8) suits your needs.

Abhinav,

My suggestions would be

Sedan :
Skoda Laura diesel
Toyota Altis (though you have rejected it, it is the best buy)
Hyundai Elantra fluidic,

SUV :

Skoda Yeti
Mahindra XUV
TATA Safari or Safari Storm(Yet to be launched)

From the reports of other owners in the city, Skoda service is improved a lot and spares also become bit cheaper than before. One of the old Skoda dealer has opened some 3 service centers and in that one world class facility in sanath nagar. check this out !!

I think you should definitely check hyundai's new Elentra. It has got all the feature you should be looking at. More over you will have a choice of seven variants. And if you are looking for an SUV then think you should just wait for a month for Safari storme. There are reurmers that storme will be launched in september.

Ford Endeavour has a very bad ride quality and is above 20 lakhs and it has leaf springs in rear .
HHmm sounds like you right bro. Today i was on a conference with all my cousins back in India. And one of my cousin owns 2.2 Dicor, Fortuner and used to own a Endy as well and he said the same thing. That comparing these 3 SUV's Endy has the worst ride quality and is not at all comfortable for long runs.

Safari Storme will definitely carry its share of niggles. Mahindra service is better than Tata service. You might as well go for XUV500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom