Need a Motorbike with Good Mileage

Thread Starter #16

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i told my dad about the suggestion you all gave and i think we'll end up with either a discover , splendor or discover. will again remind my dad about the same.

a guy purchased passion pro for 54000 and he covered 600 kms and he said its giving 50 kmpl and i believe it will give better mileage after the first service.

Just spoke to my friend who has a TVS 4R. It's giving him 64 kmpl in moderate traffic at speeds upto 50kmph after first service (covered 700 kms till date).

Thread Starter #18

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks sam for the mileage update [thumbsup]

just checked on the internet , the price is around 40000 rupees. will definitely tell my dad about the bike.

I firmly believe that all 100cc biken in India would give more or less the same mileage. Mileage depends mostly on riding style. I can extract 50kmpl and 80 kmpl from ANY 100cc Indian bike on the same day under similar riding conditions. Please go through this thread (post no. 16) :

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/5740-one-only-dilip-bam-2.html

Since similar mileage can be extracted from any 100cc bike, I think for your intended use, wisdom lies in purchasing something that is the cheapest and most durable. Go for a bike that offers the bare minimum.

Last edited:
I firmly believe that all 100cc biken in India would give more or less the same mileage. Mileage depends mostly on riding style. I can extract 50kmpl and 80 kmpl from ANY 100cc Indian bike on the same day under similar riding conditions. Please go through this thread (post no. 16) :

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/5740-one-only-dilip-bam-2.html

Since similar mileage can be extracted from any 100cc bike, I think for your intended use, wisdom lies in purchasing something that is the cheapest and most durable. Go for a bike that offers the bare minimum.
Agree with sam on this, Almost all the 100cc bikes available in the market has more or so the same engine technology and one can expect similar mileages from these bikes.

Thread Starter #21

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks sam and visran. i talked to my dad and told him about tvs 4r and splendor \ discover [:)] lets see what he decides.

I would say go for the cheapest bike which is durable and has lower maintenance as suggested by Sam. Reason is simple, you won't be using it and it's for your employees and when someone gets a vehicle to drive which is not owned by them, they don't treat it like their own and the vehicle is subjected to abusive usage.

Thread Starter #23

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I would say go for the cheapest bike which is durable and has lower maintenance as suggested by Sam. Reason is simple, you won't be using it and it's for your employees and when someone gets a vehicle to drive which is not owned by them, they don't treat it like their own and the vehicle is subjected to abusive usage.
yes singh you are right. that's the only thing my dad want a low cost but good mileage bike. i have a Royal Enfield thunderbird for me [:D] can't give that to him for 2 reasons.

1. low mileage
2. won't give it even if was a fuel efficient bike.

yes singh you are right. that's the only thing my dad want a low cost but good mileage bike. i have a Royal Enfield thunderbird for me [:D] can't give that to him for 2 reasons.

1. low mileage
2. won't give it even if was a fuel efficient bike.
Buddy if i had that bike, i would not have given it for any or no reason. [evil]

Latest development from Bajaj camp is that they would be launching Boxer in 100cc guise very soon,check out the spy pic's in Boxer thread, Boxer is basically meant to be the workhorse which should fit your bill perfectly.

Thread Starter #26

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Latest development from Bajaj camp is that they would be launching Boxer in 100cc guise very soon,check out the spy pic's in Boxer thread, Boxer is basically meant to be the workhorse which should fit your bill perfectly.
its better to buy already a success bike.

Thread Starter #28

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i'm sorry but till now nothing. i have told my dad about all the recommendations and he knows it. when its the right time he will buy it without me knowing [:D] well just beacuse its for the factory. if dad ask or tell me anything i will surely update here [:)]

Thread Starter #30

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
It's quite a late update , we bought HERO PASSION X PRO today. Dad didn't wanted to discard a newly purchased lml so used it for 2 years.

We paid a total of 58700 rupees. This includes accessories worth 1100 rupees(seat cover, seat net, grip , helmet lock, wheel lock and 3 more things)

Price includes helmet costing 600 rupees which the dealer said is mandatory to purchase.
Didnt go for teflon coating(300 rupees)

We bought around 7 pm and told them our employee will come to take the delivery tomorrow. Paid 54000rs in cash and rest on delivery.

Bike was dirty so didn't click any pics. We'll upload pics soon.

Top Bottom