Need a Hatchback For Rs.5 Lakhs OTR Pune

Thread Starter #17
Now from reviews and discussion, I am inclined towards IGNIS.
But tiago have good colour option, can anyone give me reason to buy Tiago over IGNIS.

Im not sure about Ignis

For Tiago you can expect anything between 13-15 KMPL based on traffic conditions and your driving pattern.
Then it is same for both Tiago and IGNIS .
But was really disappointed by engine noise of Tiago

Now from reviews and discussion, I am inclined towards IGNIS.
But tiago have good colour option, can anyone give me reason to buy Tiago over IGNIS.

Then it is same for both Tiago and IGNIS .
But was really disappointed by engine noise of Tiago
-- IMHO, you need to go and test drive yourself and see which car clicks for you, there is definitely a moment when you will feel this car is for me.
-- If I were you, I will definitely go for smooth, dead silent engine given a choice, hell go with FE and other stuff, I prefer silent cars.

it seems your heart is saying Ignis so be it. Go for what you want. Else if you run into issue you would blame yourself for wrong purchase.

Happened with me when I got WagonR against my heart. Was not at all happy with the ride. Finally when I got my Storme, I am super happy with it. Tend to ignore any small glitches.

Else if you really want to do comparison, I would say Tiago any day. Full bang for the buck.

On safety issue, Both Tiago and Ignis have not been tested. But I can say with full confidence that build quality of Tiago will be much better than ignis. Suzuki in India does cut corners when it comes to safety, where as for Tata they definitely are better in this department. Thus I will any time vouch for a Tata car over a Suzuki. that is may point of view. Finally you will be using the car, choose that you like the best from your heart.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Does ABS and EBD make any difference in purchase decision. ?

As I am a mechanical engineer, I don't want to talk about build quality..

And it's not about TATA car Vs Maruti Car. It's about IGNIS SIGMA Vs Tiago XE-O. I would like specific comment about my requirement.

I am asking about ease of driving, engine reliability in long term.

Does ABS and EBD make any difference in purchase decision. ?

As I am a mechanical engineer, I don't want to talk about build quality..

And it's not about TATA car Vs Maruti Car. It's about IGNIS SIGMA Vs Tiago XE-O. I would like specific comment about my requirement.

I am asking about ease of driving, engine reliability in long term.
Fair enough, I am sure you will know about build quality, you are mechanical engineer, I am not. So probably you may know much more than ido.

ABS EBD are important in the car no doubt.

Again Ease of driving, engine reliability in long term are again relative. So best choose what you like.

For me after 5 years of Wagon R close to 50k KM I felt car was coming apart. Same case with my Storme same time similar KMs I feel it is just like new.

Engine wise Tata have robust engine(my experience), Maruti has good perception of engine longetivity.

Thread Starter #22
Finally I have booked IGNIS SIGMA, Glistering Grey colour..

But one doubt - Service date will be considered from invoice date or delivery date as SA is saying it is from delivery date.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Finally I have booked IGNIS SIGMA, Glistering Grey colour..

But one doubt - Service date will be considered from invoice date or delivery date as SA is saying it is from delivery date.
Congratulations.[clap]

It was Invoice date on my previous car. Will have to check what they have mentioned in my Tata Tigor.

To my view buying a new car with lower variants by paying 5 lakhs is not a good option. At the price tag of 5 lakh you may not get a safe car, plus you miss on so many features. Over the period of 2-3 year the car will look outdated.

So buying a used car which may be 3-4 years old would be a better option. At that price tag you may get a top variant of cars like Hyundai i20, Ford Figo. Since the built quality is such cars is better than of those like Celerio, Alto, Kwid and many more, so that last long. Just to verify this compare a 3-4 year old Figo vs 3-4 year old Celerio. You will have an idea of what will be your new car after 3 years.

Below are some examples for your reference.
https://www.olx.in/item/2015-hyundai-elite-i20-petrol-70800-kms-ID1nUQRw.html#0bbc7a5542
https://www.olx.in/item/ford-figo-figo-1-5d-titanium-2014-diesel-ID1mP1nw.html#cd6b788301

This is just to elaborate my point. Buying used car is not a easy process, so thorough checking is required in some cases. So think before you buy a car. Take a time to decide. Visit car dealers/ online web portals etc.

Thread Starter #27
To my view buying a new car with lower variants by paying 5 lakhs is not a good option. At the price tag of 5 lakh you may not get a safe car, plus you miss on so many features. Over the period of 2-3 year the car will look outdated.

So buying a used car which may be 3-4 years old would be a better option. At that price tag you may get a top variant of cars like Hyundai i20, Ford Figo. Since the built quality is such cars is better than of those like Celerio, Alto, Kwid and many more, so that last long. Just to verify this compare a 3-4 year old Figo vs 3-4 year old Celerio. You will have an idea of what will be your new car after 3 years.

Below are some examples for your reference.
https://www.olx.in/item/2015-hyundai-elite-i20-petrol-70800-kms-ID1nUQRw.html#0bbc7a5542
https://www.olx.in/item/ford-figo-figo-1-5d-titanium-2014-diesel-ID1mP1nw.html#cd6b788301

This is just to elaborate my point. Buying used car is not a easy process, so thorough checking is required in some cases. So think before you buy a car. Take a time to decide. Visit car dealers/ online web portals etc.
Sorry but big NO NO for used car as you don't know when it will start giving problem and it don't smell like new.

And it's not about which variant to buy but its about which variant fulfill your need.
For ex. As per my need of safety , I have to go for top variant of Tiago or atleast XE-O variant which is without ABS and EBD but IGNIS SIGMA fulfill my purpose though it is base variant.

So while buying we need to consider what is the requirement than to what variant need to buy. If you go by variant then you might end up paying a lot of amount.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom