Need a Car For Status Symbol Under Rs.25 Lakhs (Bought BMW 320i)

Re: Need a Car For Status Symbol Under Rs.25 Lakhs

May I suggest a used land rover [:D] nothing beats it even today for showing off.

Options in new buys :
1. BMW X1
2. Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2011 C 200 CGI.
3. Skoda Superb.
4. Skoda Yeti.
5. Toyota fortuner.
6. Toyota Camry.

freakdude.

Last edited:

Im Surprised. Nobody mentioned the BMW Corporate Edition. Why buy a used Merc when you can get a new 320d CE??. Under 25 that is...
Check it out. ultimate Status symbol, Not to mention Fun to drive.
BMW 320d CE now for individuals | Autocar India
320D CE is not a status symbol at all. It is just a stripped version and has no goodies at all and just the BMW tag. It is very short on space particularly at the back.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team

Im Surprised. Nobody mentioned the BMW Corporate Edition. Why buy a used Merc when you can get a new 320d CE??. Under 25 that is.. Check it out. ultimate Status symbol, Not to mention Fun to drive.
That's because it costs much more than Rs.25 Lakhs when it comes to on-road price.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think as Vibhor suggested, you should consider a pre-owned car. You would get a GOOD deal if venture on right places. Land Rovers are good suggestions and nothing beats a LR.

AMG

Suspended

Honda Accord has decent snob value.

BMW X1 doesnt, IMO.
Doesnt look like a beemer. Ditto for X3.
Audi Q3 seems like a decent option.

Also I would not recommend a Beemer 3, as an upgrade is due.
Audi A4 seems to be the pick of that segment, IMO.

A used LR freelander2 would be awesome, though.
Seen some for sale, ~25 lakh.

Thread Starter #37

Any thoughts about Endy 3.0L engine??

I guess its a 4X4 comes with auto transmission.

Also Accord has got some rich look. Ain't it?? ?
sorry endy never had status symbol atleast that is view of people around me3

As a status symbol Sedan is the better choice.
If you are looking for a petrol car and thinking of entering that 'hell', New Camry will be the best choice. Later you can pass this car to your grandchild even without any major complaints. If you can spend above 25 L i would suggest you a BMW 3 Series than a Camry.
did discuss about camry everyone said NO .
i would say its still hell see how much money it is getting wasted . i get have used it by buying safari 4X4

If you are looking for a car which will be occasionally used and that too simply for status purpose, then why not consider investing on something within a limited budget? Because I really do not find wise to extend this much budget and go for something which is supposed to be kept more or less as a showpiece during most of the time. Just keep the option of Pre-owned car open. You can fetch some tempting deals here without going overboard, for premium brands like Mercedes and BMW which truly define the status. Yes, these cars are almost in showroom like condition with fewer kilometres on odometer. Else, in the brand new sedans, Honda Accord, Volkswagen Passat and Nissan Teana are an ideal option.

Audi Q3 is worth a wait. It's launching next year with price tag of Rs.20+ Lakhs: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-news/4375-audi-about-launch-q3-2012-a.html

Drive Safe,
350Z
Q3 2012[surprise] look like i have to pass it.
did some discussion regarding second hand father said ok if you can find good one before Dec

May I suggest a used land rover nothing beats it even today for showing off.

I think as Vibhor suggested, you should consider a pre-owned car. You would get a GOOD deal if venture on right places. Land Rovers are good suggestions and nothing beats a LR.

Honda Accord has decent snob value.

BMW X1 doesnt, IMO.
Doesnt look like a beemer. Ditto for X3.
Audi Q3 seems like a decent option.

Also I would not recommend a Beemer 3, as an upgrade is due.
Audi A4 seems to be the pick of that segment, IMO.

A used LR freelander2 would be awesome, though.
Seen some for sale, ~25 lakh.
really O_O i can get LR in 25L . it would be like dream cames true [clap] but they might be very old.

Thread Starter #38

just had talked with father regarding land rover and father said they can go max. 30L for seoncd hand if its 1year old max. and below 15k

So guys if any one know any one selling land rover at 30 or below let me know .

Thinking of visiting showroom of LR to see it in flash and bone :P it seams Delhi has only one showroom

sorry endy never had status symbol atleast that is view of people around me3

did discuss about camry everyone said NO .
i would say its still hell see how much money it is getting wasted . i get have used it by buying safari 4X4

Q3 2012[surprise] look like i have to pass it.
did some discussion regarding second hand father said ok if you can find good one before Dec

really O_O i can get LR in 25L . it would be like dream cames true [clap] but they might be very old.

You can very well get a used LR in that price but be prepared to struggle to find a maintained specimen. Dont worry about the age of the model you get, LRs do age very well and are built like a tank. The body might need bits of tinkering but the engine and tranny if maintained well can outlast the life of it's owner.

Try looking for ads in carwale and sulekha.

freakdude.

320D CE is not a status symbol at all. It is just a stripped version and has no goodies at all and just the BMW tag. It is very short on space particularly at the back.

freakdude.
Oh Boy! If the BmW 3 series aint a status symbol, then what is? Fortuner? Yeti?, why not buy a fabia then? For that kind of budget, u get the status equivalent of a C or A4, almost 10 lahks cheaper, and indistinguisable for the average man. A Beemer anyday commands more respect than all ur cars listed together.

Mastersquall great to hear you are going in for that segment , you have some wonderful cars to choose from. You have mentioned status symbol so i leave out few cars. I leave out Fortuner too , IMO Fortuner never really gives the status symbol which a Merc or an Audi can give.

IMO nothing other than a Merc , Bmw or Audi will give you that status symbol which you look for. Merc C-Class and Bmw 320d Corporate Edition will exceed your budget by a few lakhs , A4 exceeds by much more.

My suggestion go for Bmw 320d Corporate edition if your looking at a new car , in the end its a Bmw no matter even if its a stripped down version , and so it commands respect as it has got the all important Bmw logo! If you don't mind waiting till the end , you can consider Audi Q3 too.

As Jayadev said Superb , Accord , Camry and Passat too are status cars but doesn't really gain that much respect which these German giants demand. VW and Skoda are premium brands only in India , similarly Honda and Toyota too. But a Bmw , Merc or Audi are luxury brands world wide.

Top Bottom