Navigate for free with your Nokia handset

Thread Starter #1
Some of the devices where you can avail these service for free include Nokia N97 Mini, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, Nokia E52, Nokia E55, Nokia E72, Nokia 5230, Nokia 6710 Navigator, Nokia 6730 classic and Nokia X6.

The catch is that a Nokia navigation system will only work where there is a signal, unlike traditional devises where the information is stored offline. For instance, you can plan the route on your car navigation system that will work even in areas where there is no signal because the entire information is stored locally.

Source & Details

But can't you work with google maps on most phones supporting browsing?
I do that on my P1i

Hey Aditya,

P1i uses GPRS for connecting to Google Maps!

But All the above nokia models uses only the sattelite communication for Maps.

Good news to all Nokia users who has GPS enabled phones, Nokia OVI has announced the free access to GPS navigation worldwide.

Just update maps on your Nokia phones and you''l be granted free access to GPS navigation from now on. I just updated mine and the map has been updated drastically and even works much better then ever. It's really awesome!

Create an account on OVI.com and you can even plan your route and set fav. destination online and later synchronize it with your phone. which makes easier life to users who finds very confused and complicated over phone. You can even share the route with your friends anywhere in the world.

Isn't it grrr8. So start navigating..and have fun, but drive safe!!!

Wow. thats a real good news. Navigation for free. Are there any registration charges for the same?

Some of the devices where you can avail these service for free include Nokia N97 Mini, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition, Nokia E52, Nokia E55, Nokia E72, Nokia 5230, Nokia 6710 Navigator, Nokia 6730 classic and Nokia X6.
[/URL]
I think myNokia N82 doesnt support this
Pls confirm it

Hey guys my bro bought a Samsung Monte phone which has GPS with google maps.
Can i find some maps as nokia provides the same to its users.
Can i download some other maps into it?
Any websites?

AMG

Suspended
Which is the cheapest phone to accommodate this feature?
By the look of things, everything is beyond my budget.[cry]

AMG

Suspended
The cheapest navigation phone is Nokia 2710 Navigation Edition.
It costs 8000 Bucks.
Superb VFM? Yes or No

I recently purchased a Nokia X6, AMG too knows about it.
It's damn brilliant, and the GPS(not A-GPS) works excellently.
I just had to go online once, for activation an now all the pre-loaded locations, including small restaurants, temples among others are displayed without having to go online, and free of cost!

Top Bottom