India’s first longest high-speed test track has been inaugurated in Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh. Sharing some quick pointers:
- This track is also the Asia’s longest and is developed by NATRAX (National Automotive Test Tracks).
- The test facilities include: top-speed, acceleration, emission, fuel consumption, stability and high-speed handling etc.
- The track is 11.3 Kms long and spread across 1,000 acres. The proving ground measures at 2,900 acres, which is fifth largest in the world.
- It is 16 meter wide with 4-lanes and designed for neutral speeds upto 250 Kmph, maximum speed of 375 Kmph on curves and no limit on straight patch.
- Some of the manufacturers like Volkswagen, Fiat-Chrysler, Peugeot, Renault and Lamborghini are said to have already shown interest in using this facility.
- The track will also be open for racing and other commercial events. More information is available on official website: Home - National Automotive Test Tracks (NATRAX).
Webcast Link: Department of Heavy Industry.