National Driving Record: 68 Hours from Leh to Kanyakumari in Grande PUNTO!

wow kudos to the guys on their feat. iam a lucky guy in that aspect. initialy my dad and mum would allow me to go on long drives and now my wifey will tag along my long road journeys.my longest non stop drive was from jaisamand in rajasthan to my place payangadi in 41 hours, 1750 kms.

Fiat surely builds tough cars, may be that's why they say "ONCE A FIAT, ALWAYS A FIAT!"

OT: My record in my car is only 250kms in some 5hrs & in 100cc bike 630kms in 9.5hrs.

Thats a Great achivement.[clap]
Yes, FIAT really builds tough cars and Great engines.

Hats off to the guys who completed this and Hats off to the man behind this achivement..
[drive] Mr. HVK [drive]

Regards,
uNkNowN

Leh to Kanyakumari; thats about 3800 km through NH7.

This one is inspiring.

Great effort.

Maximum distance we have done in a stretch is 1700 km in 23 hours in our Manza (Kerala to Daman - this year June and last year June too)

Wow..it's really mind blowing.
Kashmir to Kanyakumari in one go!! This is what we call driving nirvana.

Unluckily I haven't got any such chance to do any trip like this one that also with FRIENDS[clap]

I am now thinking of doing a trip to GOA as soon as possible, till then if the time and life allows..then I am going to visit NDA for winter passing out parade of one of my best friends.

Rest the longest I have driven in one go is Meerut-Jaipur only(NOT EVEN A SINGLE BREAK!!:biggrin: )

Last edited:
Hi, I had planned for a trip from Leh to Kanyakumari in my Nissan Micra to create a new record ( Single driver). Expecting valuable tips to achieve this. My latest long trip is Mumbai to Coimbatore (1350 Km) non stop 21 hrs Single driver.

Hi, I had planned for a trip from Leh to Kanyakumari in my Nissan Micra to create a new record ( Single driver). Expecting valuable tips to achieve this. My latest long trip is Mumbai to Coimbatore (1350 Km) non stop 21 hrs Single driver.
That is great man. Best of luck for your new record.

The only word which comes to my mind after reading this TL is.. RESPECT.. RESPECT and RESPECT.. [clap]

Amazing display of strength and determination!!!

Hi carfreak!!!!

Good courage, determination and achievement.

I am planning for a road trip from Palakkad (Kerala) to Kullumanali, end of Jan'13 in my octy via Bangalore-Shirdi-Jaipur-Shimla-Manli-Delhi-Agra-Bangalore and Kerala.

How is Dehi - Manali Road condition? I got very light tinted film on car windows, are the cops very strict on this?

In my recent trip I had paid nearly Rs.900 for 900 KMs Drive as toll charges. During the drive I was discussing with my son about this long trip and suddenly he asked me "appa how much he would have paid as TOLL Charges" Can any one tell me the amount since I do not know this?

Fantastic

I think HV KUMAR is also a part of ******** auto portal and refered to there as HVK sir for his knowledge of every small and big roads in India -Amazing [clap]

He knows the latest conditions of all major roads & minor roads as well,,,

But fellow TAIns

My advice would be similar to the Maharashtra PWD boards that you get here on the roads in Maharashtra:

Drive only if required

Very much remember your travellogue buddy! It was a superb journey! [thumbsup]
Thank you carfreak.

I am really happy and a little bit surprised that you were remembering about that travelogue even after one year.

Hi carfreak!!!!

Good courage, determination and achievement.

I am planning for a road trip from Palakkad (Kerala) to Kullumanali, end of Jan'13 in my octy via Bangalore-Shirdi-Jaipur-Shimla-Manli-Delhi-Agra-Bangalore and Kerala.

How is Dehi - Manali Road condition? I got very light tinted film on car windows, are the cops very strict on this?
AR Ram,

This trip (Leh to Kanyakumari) was not done by carfeak. He was posting about that for all of us. It was done by Prabhakar Rao and team.

carfreak do make lot of trips and post good travelogues.

But he may not be knowing about Delhi - Manali road condition and about Delhi cops.

In my recent trip I had paid nearly Rs.900 for 900 KMs Drive as toll charges. During the drive I was discussing with my son about this long trip and suddenly he asked me "appa how much he would have paid as TOLL Charges" Can any one tell me the amount since I do not know this?
Sethu,

Toll fees as a thumb rule can be taken as Rs 1 per km in Golden Quadrilateral and North-South, East-West corridor highways. It's mostly the case in most of the states. In Maharashtra, it seems to be on the higher side.

Top Bottom