Nano Comes To Rescue Police in Congested Mumbai Roads!

Re: In Congested Mumbai, Nano Comes to Mumbai Police Rescue!

well nano in cops car guise looking cute but its biggest disadvantage over bike will be it will remain stuck in jams but bike can easily manevouer between traffic!!

AMG

Suspended
Mumbai Police to be on Fire

Mumbai Police to be on Fire.
Dont panic. It is not the end of the world yet. Nor have they become overly active or honest.(I guess they can never be)
They have, in fact decided to acquire Tata Nano.

In order to do patrolling in small lanes and chasing criminals, the Mumbai Police might procure Tata Nano car. The police are doing a trial of the vehicle and are looking to the possibility of making it a part of the city police.

According to the police sources, company officials had visited the office of Mumbai Police Commissioner on Monday and had proposed them usage of Nano car, after which the police had kept one car within the commissioner office to examine its efficiency.

“We use motorcycles to do patrolling in narrow lanes in the city. However, Nano car has more than one advantage, while it takes less parking space as compared to other Sedan cars, it can replace bikes as far as doing night patrolling is concerned and weapons can also be stored in the duct of the car,” said a senior police officers,

He added that, the police have kept one Nano car within the city police headquarters for a day and are still examining whether it can be used by the force. “Nothing has been finalised yet on the procurement of Nano car by the police,” said the officer.
Source

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: In Congested Mumbai, Nano Comes to Mumbai Police Rescue!

Threads Merged. Please search before creating new thread. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Tata Nano as Police Patrol Car

Goa police will soon be receiving fleet of Tata Nano car for patrolling use.The car gets a red beacon on roof top and some graphics on the sides.On the inside, the car should at least get a walkie talkie mount.Due to small dimension of the car it will be easier for the police to use it easily in the narrower roads of the city.This introduction of Tata Nano comes after Mumbai Police has been doing test of Nano to evaluate its suitability as a patrol and pursuit vehicle.

nano1.jpg

I wonder how well the dainty Nano would run with four pot bellied policewallahs packed inside it like sardines [lol].

IMO it's a good option as this will be helpful for cops in different kind of weather situations. No doubt it is not a chase car but will protect them from rain and heat.

Goa police will soon be receiving fleet of Tata Nano car for patrolling use.The car gets a red beacon on roof top and some graphics on the sides.On the inside, the car should at least get a walkie talkie mount.Due to small dimension of the car it will be easier for the police to use it easily in the narrower roads of the city.This introduction of Tata Nano comes after Mumbai Police has been doing test of Nano to evaluate its suitability as a patrol and pursuit vehicle.
I've already seen this Nano testing in Goa. It's the same Maharashtra Police one, with Maharashtra registration and the Goa Police (GP) sticker.

There used to be RD350s with the Cochin City Police a some two decades back. Now thats what I call a real cop bike. I myself was a little bit afraid of the cops on TVS Fieros while I was a student in Bangalore.
OT- My friend has one of these RD350s which the police use to have,they have some extra bits on them compared to the regular Rd350's & cops have a soft spot for Rd350 here in Bangalore they let most of them with a warning,now cops use Pulsars in Bangalore & some districts have Apache rtr.

Anyways the cops better have the fire department on speed dial [:)], just curious am sure they will have some concern thanks to the reputation, so will they have fire extinguishers on board? [confused]

Anyways the cops better have the fire department on speed dial [:)], just curious am sure they will have some concern thanks to the reputation, so will they have fire extinguishers on board? [confused]
An accident that too a fire accident is really sad. However its curious to note that nobody has been reported died or injured in a Nano fire accident unlike fire cases involving so called reputed cars including the most trusted ones.

By the way its only me or anybody else noticed that Nano fire accidents are not reported now a days after some particular event in Indian auto scene.

OT- My friend has one of these RD350s which the police use to have,they have some extra bits on them compared to the regular Rd350's
Can you elaborate what these extra bits are? AFAIK the Poloce RD's were the same as the civilian ones. Something like the military bullets being same as the civilian ones.

Anyways the cops better have the fire department on speed dial [:)], just curious am sure they will have some concern thanks to the reputation, so will they have fire extinguishers on board?
I think enough of hype has been made about the nano fires. Nano's are not the only cars which catch fire.

An accident that too a fire accident is really sad. However its curious to note that nobody has been reported died or injured in a Nano fire accident unlike fire cases involving so called reputed cars including the most trusted ones.
My +1

By the way its only me or anybody else noticed that Nano fire accidents are not reported now a days after some particular event in Indian auto scene.
Which event?

Top Bottom