My Weekend Travelogues

Thread Starter #1
Where Did you Go this weekend?
Hi All
I have been thinking of writing a travelogue for sometime in the forum. I plan to write under this title every week (possibly) along with photos.
It was raining last week in our place and I was worried about taking my "Silvy" (Sail UVa) in the rain and mud. So I opted for my "Shiny" (Honda Shine) since i planned only a short trip (month end and all).
The place "Kutlatampatti" is a waterfalls which is 40 min drive (by bike) from my place (1 hr from Madurai) and located in a thick canopy of forest and hills. (please check the photos to be sure). Due to rain, the lush green hills are a treat to the eyes and I could also make it with less than 1 L petrol (cost 65/-+soap and shampoo).
I started around 11am (sunday) since it was drizzling th whole day. Took the route from vadipatty (on NH7) towards kutlaatampatti (15 miles). The entire road is neat and lacked potholes and you need to travel through 2 small villages. Other than that the entire roadside is filled with coconut trees and vegetation.
I reached the parking lot (at the bottom of the hill; cars-Rs30 and two wheelers Rs.10) and started walking towards the hills. It took almost another 20 mins as the steps are narrow and you will be climbing part of the hills through rocks (good for trekking) and not steps. Before reaching the main falls you will we greeted by a small falls with more rocks (women and children can use this) and there will not be any crowd here. But climbing from there for another 5 min you will reach the main falls.

I have attached some photos (using my mobile) taken at the falls and at the hills taken during the trip.[glasses] Enjoy!

There are no hotels or tea stalls (except for one at the parking lot) near the hills and so you can enjoy 110% fresh/non polluted air while traveling to this place. Yoga and Siddha clinics are also there but no hotels to stay.

With car you can reach Vadipatti (enroute to Dindigul) on NH7 from Madurai (15km) and from there to Kutlaatampatti (15km) by another small but neat road. Weekends are crowded but not as in Courtallam (Tenkasi).

Hope you like the photos and may plan your next short trip to Kutlaatampatti falls enroute to temple city. [:)]

Attachments

Re: Where did you go this weekend?

Nice set of snaps buddy. Location seems a little reserved, how safe is it for family trips?
After reading your thread, I goggled for more info and I came across few reviews stating it is quite good but little unsafe. Can you please share your experience.

Re: Where did you go this weekend?

The place seems to be very beautiful so as the pictures too.

I think during rains the falls will have abundant water.

Thanks for sharing the information about this little known beautiful place.

Are there more attractions near by surroundings?

Thread Starter #4
The place seems to be very beautiful so as the pictures too.

I think during rains the falls will have abundant water.
Yes but the roads remain clean due to less traffic (no heavy vehicles in this route)

Thanks for sharing the information about this little known beautiful place.
UR Welcome
Are there more attractions near by surroundings?
There are many such small locations nearby. September to November is the rainy season around here
enroute to Dindigul - Sirumalai- beautiful hills and a serene location, with small rain-made falls and beautiful landscapes
Anaipatti Dam - for vaigai river;
Famous Temples:
Lord Guru Bagavan (kuruvithurai) Temple on vaigai river bed
Lord Anjaneya Temple - near Vathlakundu
Lord Murugan (Palani) Temple - mountain top- Temple-with rope car facility
Will make a list soon.
Thanks Dude[;)]

Nice set of snaps buddy. Location seems a little reserved, how safe is it for family trips?
Location is reserved but villagers are friendly. But dont travel by night. safe for family trips. if the kids and women can make a few kms in the mountain uphill. relatively less crowd
After reading your thread, I goggled for more info and I came across few reviews stating it is quite good but little unsafe. Can you please share your experience.
It is now safe near and at the waterfalls as the Panchayat board has made some new regulations to supervise the place during this season (prevent drinking; there is a parking lot -incharge, watcher at the falls and a small hotel). If you can get there by afternoon you can return within 3-4pm. you have to take your snacks/food etc with you if you are coming with your family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom