My Volkswagen Polo's Camber Setting is Out. How?

Thread Starter #1
my polo diesel jumped through the speed breaker with wheels locked as i tried to stop the car but the car skidd. after that there was alignment issues. all was fine but camber stting was out. vw people are not ready to accept the problem. the car's stability is out now and car tends to move towards left as soon as the i leave the steering. what to do now????

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rohit:
First of all should I congrat you for getting a lesson or should I pay condolences?
Why?Because you made a very big mistake of getting the wheels locked and even bigger is of making them hit any kind of barrier in the locked position.

And you must be happy because you are saved from other damages which can be deep too.

Coming to the point:Right now you need to get three things checked:
Your rims.
Your tyres and for alignment and all.
Your front suspension.

Any of these three can be culprit but one thing for sure,alignment is needed.

Same problem with my fiesta dont know why
It has a left pull whenever i leave the steering but i feel the cars pull towards left at high speed say 130+
But at the time when i bought the car i have this issue.
Ford telling to do good alignment and alignment center telling ford.
BTW i thought of creating a thread but this also as same so i shared here

Rohit, considering that the impact was not great to have permanent damage to the camber, have it checked at any reputed wheel alignment workshop. They will be able to rectify the problem easily.
However since VW is not accepting the responsibility, something tells me that the damage might be irreversible and you need to replace/repair the parts.
Anyway first have it inspected by the wheel alignment workshop and let us know what they have to say.

It has a left pull whenever i leave the steering but i feel the cars pull towards left at high speed say 130+
Vehicle left pulling was observed in polo earlier but its not there in recent batches.

Regarding Ford, I have a colleague who says that an earlier batch of figo also had this tendency. I am really not sure about the solution in case of ford, but I think its only dealer who can help you.

However since VW is not accepting the responsibility, something tells me that the damage might be irreversible and you need to replace/repair the parts.
If it was so, they would have been more than happy to replace the part because it wont have fallen under warranty.
A similar incident happened with me on my Wagon-R, the repair was done for around 400 only. If I remember correctly it was a repair/straightening done on camber.

Raj, wheel alignment is more of knack than just a problem. Generally Those service centre guys are not so expert in it. Nowadays they use computerizedsystems yet the caliberation and tolerance of those instruments would be outdated so they end up into wrong configurations wasting your time.
best thing to do is take it to a reputed alignment centre and they will let you know all the issues concerning steering and suspensions if any. They would charge you mere 5oo bucks with additional free checkup..makes your life easier and car happy!

Last edited:
Raj, wheel alignment is more of knack than just a problem. Generally Those service centre guys are not so expert in it. Nowadays they use computerizedsystems yet the caliberation and tolerance of those instruments would be outdated so they end up into wrong configurations wasting your time.
best thing to do is take it to a reputed alignment centre and they will let you know all the issues concerning steering and suspensions if any. They would charge you mere 5oo bucks with additional free checkup..makes your life easier and car happy!
I took my car to two reputed wheel alignment but cant be solved

Vehicle left pulling was observed in polo earlier but its not there in recent batches.

Regarding Ford, I have a colleague who says that an earlier batch of figo also had this tendency. I am really not sure about the solution in case of ford, but I think its only dealer who can help you.
But wheel alignment center guys told me that some fiesta have this issue consistently

Take it to another one and give a try !
This time again to ford only

Raj,you have only two options
easy way : either to get it fixed outsided or

If you have time and patience: wrung the neck of ford ass, kick thier butts and get it done.

As much I know ford is worst in solving persistant issues. i got 2 ford cars here with total 2.5 lakh km on odo. i know it so very well !
Similar is the case with almost all service centre in India except Toyota.

If you have time and patience: wrung the neck of ford ass, kick thier butts and get it done.

As much I know ford is worst in solving persistant issues. i got 2 ford cars here with total 2.5 lakh km on odo. i know it so very well !
Yes this time is the big problem and
They try to convience me that its correct that makes me tensed

Thread Starter #14
@Rohit:
First of all should I congrat you for getting a lesson or should I pay condolences?
Why?Because you made a very big mistake of getting the wheels locked and even bigger is of making them hit any kind of barrier in the locked position.

And you must be happy because you are saved from other damages which can be deep too.

Coming to the point:Right now you need to get three things checked:
Your rims.
Your tyres and for alignment and all.
Your front suspension.

Any of these three can be culprit but one thing for sure,alignment is needed.
I hv checked the tyres and rim. Both r fine... I hv checked the alignment also from outside wheel alignment shop .... All they say is that car camber is out nd it cant be adjusted as in old cars. That angle is made from shockers......so they said company mai le jaao. Nd vw people say its all gd... I am sure there is some problem with the right shock absorber nd they r nt willing to change under warranty. All this problem started after this incident at 2500kms.. Now the car has clocked 1000km... Now i am sure they will accept thisproblem because suspension warranty is til 10k kms....

Thread Starter #15

I dont know about toyata but all companies in india make fool of people. They think because of weak jurisdiction they can easily get away with this problem then i must say they think right..because they think jab government hi desh ko loot rahi hai to hum bhi kuch loot le aur fool bana le logo ka..... Vw moti nagar is the worst service centre of vw in ncr....bloody thief... Very wrong attitude... I request u all the guys out there try to give your valuable suggestions as how to overcome with this problem.... Gd suggestions will be appreciated...... Thanks

Top Bottom