My Volkswagen Polo TDi

Thread Starter #196
Auto Marc Motor Accessories
A-55, Moolchand Shopping Complex Ring Road, Defence Colony, Defence Colony, New Delhi, DL

011-65515551/52
Sanjay:-+91-9811047313
Himanshu:-+91-9953955000

25k for those headlights is a great deal. Even I am willing to spend 25k for those.

Can you PM me the shop's no in Delhi?

^^ Lol don't call me sir. I'am just 27 yrs old.

I posted in a hurry from previous page and that's why I didn't see the no.

I called them up. Quoted me 25k including shipping. Excellent deal.

In their default state, the LEDs activate after you turn on parking lights or lowbeam. Is that true?

I want them to be DRL (Daytime Running Lamp). He told me that I need to change some wiring for the white LED's to be activated after ignition.

Thread Starter #203
Yes by default leds turn on when we turn on the parking lights.its betternot to tamper with the wiring.

In my case low beam is always on when we turn on the headlights.
Low beam : hids
High beam : hids + 55 watt high beams.
This gives excellent visibility.

..but but I want to show off in front of those Audis and BMWs that even my Polo has daylight running lights. Haha [lol]

So need to rewire before they are of any use.

So the DRLs do not come on the moment the ignition is on and the LEDs stay on even when the headlights are on? That defeats the purpose of DRLs. They should go off as soon as the parking lights are switched on.

25k seems pretty decent but let's see if Sanket can get the wiring part right (to make it work like proper DRLs).

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #209
Thanks music swift.I was thinking of removing but its saves my door from lots of scratches.
Anybody knows good custom painter in delhi ?

Thread Starter #210
Hi people.It' been a real long time since i last updated the thread.Couldn't be regular as i recently moved back to my native place.well coming to the car it has simply munched miles like nobody' business.He has crossed the magical figure of 1 lakh kilometres.She is running real strong and has not let me down anytime.nowadays i take up tours and hometown run in my bike which keeps the car out of frequent highway runs.
Changed my alloys recently as two of them had minor bends.basically it was not causing any issues but replaced them for that peace of mind.i have changed three sets of alloys.she is still gleaming like new.minor dings have occured and i seriously dont know how they happen otherwise she is just perfect.
mods done:
1.upgraded to 55W hids
2.plati alloys

Problems :
1.she has a slight wobbling at 100 which is occuring even after balancibg the alloys.dont if its mechanical problem or alloy problem.
2.juddering of steering when brakes are applied at around 90 kmph.skimming of discs needed.
3.ac vents are of pathetic quality.they really bring down the quality of car.im running with those broken vents.
4.squeaking noises from plastics.really volkswagen need to do something about this.for reference my 45000 km done vento has squeaks but lesser in intensity.

Positives:
1.awesome suspension
2.put slight negative offset wheels and see the car transform totally.been there done that.steering weighs up well with speeds. [:D]
3.This car can give its competitors run for money with its handling and highway composure.
4.Except for ac vents all other plastics are holding up well.

Im fed up of these rats.they have nibbled my under-bonnet insulation.need to do something soon.i had a funny experience.i was driving my car on the highway and suddenly i could see a rat showing his head in front of my windshield.he was enjoying the air hitting his hair and before i could stop he went inside my bonnet again.next day morning i couldn't find him in my car.

Service quality is better and definitely not as bad as its been read in forums.
if u ask me would your next car be a volkswagen.my answer would be a whole hearted YES!!

Last edited:

Top Bottom