My Volkswagen Polo TDi

update:
2.wipers are of bad quality. they leave marks on the glass. how good are the bosch ones?
3.car has done 9k kms and have been receiving messages from vw that they have received my complain about the steering issues but the dealer has not called me back. worldclass motinagar
The wipers do a very good cleaning job but they are prone to damage. I recently go them changed coz they were leaving a thin line of water on wind shield due to damage. The workshop guys told me that if the windshield is hot and wipers are made to wipe it, there are chances of crack on wiper blades. So take care that you don't do any such thing in future with the VW wiper blades. Same is for other polo members too.

I got the wipers changed even though I could have managed a few months more with them. I got them for around 600 Rs. You can try Bosch too, but I don't he price of bosch.

Steering part: They must be joking man! If I am not wrong, it must have been at least 3 months since your steering rack is being awaited. You should give them some hard time on phone!

Is there any way to disable car honking while locking and unlocking doors? It can be annoying in a silent locality. Everyone knows you have arrived.
Any help on this?
Also how to remove tail lights? I plan to mod them with German aftermarkets
I hope you read my PM on honking thing.
So, you are getting those cool tail lights! great!
I would suggest to take the car to workshop and let them fix those lights coz you may tamper with any of wirings accidentally and may risk voiding warranty. Even if you want to change yourself, the screws must be behind lights inside boot space.

today morning took my car to office. when i was closing the driver side window, it would stop and not move up. [surprise] pressed the button numerous but it didnt go up. turned off and turned on the ignition 3 to 4 times and finally it worked .
the same thing hapened with my vento in chennai traffic. i restarted the car and everything was back to normal.so i was not much surprised [roll]
Window switches not working seems to be common issue in VW as per other reviews on net. But I am lucky as I have never faced this issue ever. Trying an retrying seems to be the best solution for them. I know its frustrating.

Thread Starter #137
The wipers do a very good cleaning job but they are prone to damage. I recently go them changed coz they were leaving a thin line of water on wind shield due to damage. The workshop guys told me that if the windshield is hot and wipers are made to wipe it, there are chances of crack on wiper blades. So take care that you don't do any such thing in future with the VW wiper blades. Same is for other polo members too.

I got the wipers changed even though I could have managed a few months more with them. I got them for around 600 Rs. You can try Bosch too, but I don't he price of bosch.

Steering part: They must be joking man! If I am not wrong, it must have been at least 3 months since your steering rack is being awaited. You should give them some hard time on phone!

I hope you read my PM on honking thing.
So, you are getting those cool tail lights! great!
I would suggest to take the car to workshop and let them fix those lights coz you may tamper with any of wirings accidentally and may risk voiding warranty. Even if you want to change yourself, the screws must be behind lights inside boot space.

Window switches not working seems to be common issue in VW as per other reviews on net. But I am lucky as I have never faced this issue ever. Trying an retrying seems to be the best solution for them. I know its frustrating.

First it was steering rack and they changed it after a month but the problem was not solved. Now they are suspecting the steering coloumn and since parts are not available they are asking for time. Actually they are irritating me much but im keeping my cool . Il give them 10 more days but if they dont keep up their words il just park the car in front of their gate . No arguments nothing ! they have let their hands inside trouble is what i can say.

I thought this switch issue was solved in 2012 batch but seems not..

First it was steering rack and they changed it after a month but the problem was not solved. Now they are suspecting the steering coloumn and since parts are not available they are asking for time. Actually they are irritating me much but im keeping my cool . Il give them 10 more days but if they dont keep up their words il just park the car in front of their gate . No arguments nothing ! they have let their hands inside trouble is what i can say.

I thought this switch issue was solved in 2012 batch but seems not..
Ohh great. Reach the workshop in morning and park your car in the main entrance, pull the hand brakes to full, lock it and see the drama from a distance!! Man I would love to see such a site. These workshop people deserve such lessons.

Thread Starter #140
sorry for the late update.i was busy with my schedule so couldn't be regular.

steering coloumn was replaced in the last visit and somehow the sound has vanished as of now.i have covered around 2500 kms after replacement and no sound as of now. BTW car has done 11400 kms in a span of 6 months. [:)]

uploading some photos of the part

Attachments

steering coloumn was replaced in the last visit and somehow the sound has vanished as of now.i have covered around 2500 kms after replacement and no sound as of now. BTW car has done 11400 kms in a span of 6 months. [:)]
I was waiting for some drama at Volkswagen workshop! Apparantly vw has disappointed me!

Anyways, good that things have been sorted out.

Congrats for Duke 200..rich man!

Thread Starter #148
I was waiting for some drama at Volkswagen workshop! Apparantly vw has disappointed me!

Anyways, good that things have been sorted out.

Congrats for Duke 200..rich man!

everything went smoothly . thanks rightnow.

just an update about vento .it has done 74k kms in 1.4 yrs and running strongly.

Last edited:
Is your Vento diesel or petrol? If it is a diesel, is it as noisy as the Polo on the inside or is it considerably less?

Thread Starter #150
Is your Vento diesel or petrol? If it is a diesel, is it as noisy as the Polo on the inside or is it considerably less?

Mine is a diesel. I can say sound level is equal or more than polo. When you are inside cabin it would be silent but once you cross 100 kmph slight sound wil be audible as in all diesel engines.

Top Bottom