My Volkswagen Polo TDi

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
we have a vento which has covered 55k kms without any issues,that inspired me to get polo.it is a 3 pot engine but difference is not much felt bro.service is expensive but nothing can be done :-(
ok so you're a VW fan [;)] i checked the other member's service report and there were some extra things which i won't get it done from the service center so 8000 for every 15000 km is ok i feel.

and what's 3 pot engine ? i have heard this but never knew the meaning.

Not much difficult. Some black tar spots are hard to go.
But good thing with red is that a brief wash can make it shine.
I am using jopasu duster daily, and results have been good.
red is the toughest color to maintain , i have heard. darker colors are harder to maintain.

take for example , there are similar swirl marks on a white car and a red car , the red car will look more dull if compared to the white.

oh where did you source this duster from? online or shop?
check this.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ride/1542-jopasu-car-duster-6.html#post196545

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ride/1542-jopasu-car-duster-6.html#post196530

ok so you're a VW fan [;)] i checked the other member's service report and there were some extra things which i won't get it done from the service center so 8000 for every 15000 km is ok i feel.
and what's 3 pot engine ? i have heard this but never knew the meaning.
red is the toughest color to maintain , i have heard. darker colors are harder to maintain.
take for example , there are similar swirl marks on a white car and a red car , the red car will look more dull if compared to the white.
Allhyundaicars, let me try to answer you. I hope nitninja doesn't mind.
On an average for diesel, you can take servicing bills to 9000 per year or per 15k, based on my reading of some other ownership reports. You decide if its acceptable to you.

3 pot engine- pot refers to cylinder here. Polo, chevy beat and nissan micra have 3 cylinder engines which are 'perceived' to be inferior to 4 cylinder ones found on other premium hatches. Without going into much technicalities, a 3 cyl engine has idle phase in combustion cycle but 4 cyl do not. As a result-
- 3 cyl become noisy when compared
- 3 cyl has more engine vibrations when compared to 4
The advantages (which is why vw dropped one cylinder) are-
- 3 cyl are economical to make
- 3 cyl have better fuel efficiency for similar capacity engines with 4 cyl.

Coming to Polo, the noise and vibrations are high if you compare with like i20 but sound insulation in cabin is too good to notice any such thing.
In performance, its at par with others.

Red is bit difficult to maintain but the sexiest on polo!!

One question- is the car for you or some of your acquantaince?

Thread Starter #67
im not a vw fan bro.il be getting that duster soon :)
i ve uloaded my bike photos.blue was the original color.i changed it to white :). Photos were taken in uttarakhand.
allhyundiacars
i hope its clear for you now.

no problem rightnow :D

Attachments

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
thanks rightnow. now i completely understood [thumbsup]

bear with me on this [lol]
we have 3 cars , santro , i10 and verna. we just bought the verna in 2012 and have installed cng in santro ( november 2011 ) since my sister has to drive more than 100 kilometers daily.

CNG is not a trustworthy vehicle so my dad is now thinking of buying a diesel for my sister.

i suggested chevrolet beat since it's small , it's economical and will be easy for a girl to drive.

but i think dad also like polo [:D] so that's why i' subscribed to this thread to know more about the car.

@ nitninja - you changed the color ? how much it costed you :D anyways you know how to take some good snaps. the bike is looking hot.

i have a thunderbird..
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2009-royal-enfield-thunderbird-twinspark.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #69
beat will be easy for girls to drive inside city than polo because of size.i think she will be having little bit difficulty initially but nothing is impossible :D

painting costed me around 4k totally.have to change the colour in rc :(

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i know beat will be easy to drive but dad asked me to check the prices of the polo , and i was [surprise] [:D]

polo's cost will be on a higher side and we bought the verna by giving 2 lakhs extra than the initial budget planned. it's all written in my verna's thread.

let's not discuss this more because we just talked about this once. when i'll be sure i'll make a new thread.

and yeah i was getting to the RC point [lol] so you got it changed in your first try or you had to go 4-5 times :D

Thread Starter #71
i know beat will be easy to drive but dad asked me to check the prices of the polo , and i was [surprise] [:D]

polo's cost will be on a higher side and we bought the verna by giving 2 lakhs extra than the initial budget planned. it's all written in my verna's thread.

let's not discuss this more because we just talked about this once. when i'll be sure i'll make a new thread.

and yeah i was getting to the RC point [lol] so you got it changed in your first try or you had to go 4-5 times :D
no man its been 3 months since i ve painted.no time to go.il be trying in the first week of september.The thing is mine and my father's name is also wrong in my rc.so have to change for sure.DAMN govt.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
no man its been 3 months since i ve painted.no time to go.il be trying in the first week of september.The thing is mine and my father's name is also wrong in my rc.so have to change for sure.DAMN govt.
oh so you didn't [lol] get it changed asap. don't know about bikaner but here in delhi , cops ask for the RC first but i don't know they check the color but to be on safer side get it changed. and don't forget to post the experience [:D]

@allhyundaicars: alright we will discuss on polo in your new thread
@nitninja: great pics and nice bike.
yeah when i'll be 100% certain i'll make a new thread.

Thread Starter #75
oh so you didn't [lol] get it changed asap. don't know about bikaner but here in delhi , cops ask for the RC first but i don't know they check the color but to be on safer side get it changed. and don't forget to post the experience [:D]

yeah when i'll be 100% certain i'll make a new thread.
il get it done asap.il let you know the steps :D

Top Bottom