My Volkswagen Polo 1.2 Comfortline (Petrol)

Thread Starter #47
pprajaa what is the status of engine head change? any updates?
Still waiting for the parts. Couldn't contact the service engineer as his mobile is switched off. Have sent a mail to the service center as it is more than one month and parts have not arrived.

Also because of the engine problem, I lost power twice while driving in the city, one time it was while going up a bridge. Luckily I was able to start the car both times.

Still waiting for the parts. Couldn't contact the service engineer as his mobile is switched off. Have sent a mail to the service center as it is more than one month and parts have not arrived.
Have you posted your complaint at VW Facebook wall? That should help in speed -up the process.

Have you posted your complaint at VW Facebook wall? That should help in speed -up the process.
+1 to amippjpr. VW dealers have the attitude to turn deaf to customer voice untill the customer start ruining their reputation on facebook fanpage or any other social media which is a platform of advertisement for them.

Thread Starter #52
I finally contacted the sales manager who was in charge of delivery of our Polo and Passat. In one hour I got know the parts have come and driver was assigned to pick the car next day. They picked the car on thursday (8th Mar) and dropped it back on friday evening.

The engine noise seems to have reduced now. But I don't feel any difference while driving. Feels like the same old car I was having [:D]. I am attaching the bill for reference.

Also key chain and the engine cover was not returned. Mite be going to the service center on monday to retrieve the same.

Also they said they don't provide free extended warranty for the car as mentioned here [confused].

Attachments

I finally contacted the sales manager who was in charge of delivery of our Polo and Passat. In one hour I got know the parts have come and driver was assigned to pick the car next day. They picked the car on thursday (8th Mar) and dropped it back on friday evening.

The engine noise seems to have reduced now. But I don't feel any difference while driving. Feels like the same old car I was having [:D]. I am attaching the bill for reference.

Also key chain and the engine cover was not returned. Mite be going to the service center on monday to retrieve the same.

Also they said they don't provide free extended warranty for the car as mentioned here [confused].
Thanks a lot for above updates pprajaa, i am shocked to learn that they kept you key chain and engine cover, did you lodge your complaint over phone do visit them and get back your belongings and kindly update us more on this.

Did you told them they offered free extended warranty earlier for the cars with the engine head problem? Sorry to hear that they are not providing this freebie anymore to customers facing engine head problem.

So you have not shell anything everything was covered in warranty correct?

Thread Starter #54
Thanks a lot for above updates pprajaa, i am shocked to learn that they kept you key chain and engine cover, did you lodge your complaint over phone do visit them and get back your belongings and kindly update us more on this.

Did you told them they offered free extended warranty earlier for the cars with the engine head problem? Sorry to hear that they are not providing this freebie anymore to customers facing engine head problem.

So you have not shell anything everything was covered in warranty correct?
Yes i have lodged a complaint. Mite go today to get the same. Will post in VW FB wall to know about free extended warranty for engine head problem cars.

Also I didn't pay anything for the engine head change. Even the pickup and drop was free.

Also I didn't pay anything for the engine head change. Even the pickup and drop was free.
That's quite a good gesture by VW India, they are doing everything to make their customer happy.

I am cursing myself for buying Hyundai i10 for my wife, facing the steering noise problem already visited their service center four times for same problem and they still have to find a solution for it wasted my money and time by repeatedly visiting their workshop.

Yes i have lodged a complaint. Mite go today to get the same. Will post in VW FB wall to know about free extended warranty for engine head problem cars.
Its not a matter of rule to provide extended warranty for engine head problem. You should have pressurised for it beforehand. It was like " Only the child who cries will get the milk."
Now there is no use of asking for one. They were given it to few customers due to fear of bad publicity. And if i am not wrong. Hundreds of polo's had this issue. For which they found a remedy after few customers had to run from post to pillar. In your case they solved it fast compare to others.

@toughguy
The i10/i20 steering issue looks like never getting a solution. Hyundai failed to adress this issue and few of their customers have been harrassed to limit due to raising it and lost hope.
In India any wrong doing of Maruti/Hyundai will be covered up due to the goodwill they earned among masses.
As far as VW is concerned, their response to customer problems is very poor. They only act when a customer goes in public against them.

Top Bottom