My Twin Turbo Zen !!

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

The title was just to grab your attention. (lol, no offense) [glasses]

I am NiCk from New Delhi, working with Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers as a Manager (we organize the Auto Expo in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, every even yr).

I drive a Zen and addicted to this website.
Some basic cosmetic mods done to my ride are:

Suspension, wheels & tires

HR Alloy Wheels
5 Spoke 12" Black Machined
155/ 70 /12 Good Year Tube Less Tires (worst thing happens to your car)
** Now got Michelin XM1 + 155/70/12 (bEST, BESTER, BESTEST SETOF TIRES ANY ONE CAN GET)

Interior

Black Leather + Net seat covers
Ambi Pur ...

Painted Silver:
Door handles
A/C switches, fan control things on the dashboard

Exterior

Garware SRC 100% Black Side Tints & 60% on rear
Blackend B Pillars
Hubs and Brake Calibers painted Flourscent orange (Spray Paint)
Black slim beeding
Bosch wipers
Center locking (remotes lost) now manual..
Minda trumpet horn (sounds some what like octavia's OE horn) lol..
Some scratches (courtesy: non-friendly neighborhood kids)
Brake lights on rear bumpers as comes with Zen VXi
Added Halonex 100 X 90 W H4 Xenon tubes and a relay in head lamps (White, sorta bluish),
Added Philips Xenon Tubes (White) in fog lamps (relay was already installed)...
(Honestly speaking, if I drive with High beam on my ride can blind the vehicle coming from the opposite direction, however,I am barely able to see the lights, I drive in night using street lights, (Remember how Spiderman moves, pole to pole)

*Planning to get mesh grills and 8000k HID's in Fog lights & a replica steering wheel

Body Colored

Bumpers
Door Handles
OVRMs

ICE

Pioneer 5850 HU ** Now upgraded to Pioneer 5959ib (and regretting)
JBL Original Wiring
Pioneer 306 12" Sub 1000 Watts
SONY 600 Watts 4 channel amp (fitted beneath co-driver's seat)
JBL GTO Series Speakers 300 Watts
Customized box in rear to fit in Sub and Speakers
*Planning to add 1 more sub and a mono amp (will replace sony)

Thanks for reading my thread..[cheers]

Hi Nick,

Yes like you said, it was the title that pulled me to read your post[glasses] Smart move!

The posts states very well that you love your car very well! Each and every part into the minute detail.. A great post buddy

and your job interests me a lot. A manager at SIAM! you must be a natural with automobiles then!

Do post some pics of your ride soon!

OT: We would like to get info on the free trade agreements that have been signed with Japan & Europe to reduce taxation! are these news for real?

Hi Nick,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Its a pleasure to have an esteemed member of SIAM with us. I would like to see some pics of your "Twin Turbo" Zen.
Please feel free to start a new thread to describe your experience with your Zen.
Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
Akash

Thread Starter #4
lol, thanks Satan, Yes I do love my car like most of the people on TAI. Will definitely post some pics in due time.

Regarding the FTA, I will update you soon. Have a good day ahead mate.

@akash: lol, thanks a tonn mate. I went to the Paris Motor Show held in Oct 2010, will start a thread on that first. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
You said No offence, But it does bother really. When someone takes time out just to see whats new and gets all excited to see some great mod job and finds that its a joke, It really is wicked to grab attention that way.[confused]

And Now got Michelin XM1 + 155/70/12 (bEST, BESTER, BESTEST SETOF TIRES ANY ONE CAN GET)

Try 165/60 R 12 Bridgestone Potenzas and you will think the road is a railway track.

You said No offence, But it does bother really. When someone takes time out just to see whats new and gets all excited to see some great mod job and finds that its a joke, It really is wicked to grab attention that way.[confused]

And Now got Michelin XM1 + 155/70/12 (bEST, BESTER, BESTEST SETOF TIRES ANY ONE CAN GET)

Try 165/60 R 12 Bridgestone Potenzas and you will think the road is a railway track.
oh i remember the above lines [:D]

oh i remember the above lines [:D]
I just prefer to keep it real, No offence or anything personal Vishal. And though I've retired from racing and rallying. I still am really keen to see what the new kids on the block are doing today. I love to learn the present scenario as I am from the age when electronics in a car meant a digital clock.[;)] I really am finding it hard to get time to do something in here between work, kids and the farm. And its only natural for someone to say this. You'll understand when you get there one day finally.

Last edited:
Hi Nick!

Welcome to The Automotive India & have a great stay!

Nice way of pulling attention & great to know about your twin turbo zen[;)]

Thread Starter #10
@ nofate: Thanks bro.

@jalex: Oh sorry bro, didn’t mean to hurt any one’s sentiments here, I agree (my bad).
@jalex and Vikas: I saw 165/60/12 in Hankook/ Kumho, but I didn’t want to decrease the ride height sirs, Zen already has very low ground clearance
@:Zinam Thanks bro Zinam

Its okay Nick. Its just me and my old schoolish ways.[:)]

G.C can be a problem with the 165/60 R 12. Else you might have to look at 13inchers. I was using the 165/60 R 12 Potenzas on my alto and they are excellent on performance, both on wet and dry tarmac. Not a single puncture throughout even. But now I guess Potenzas are out of stock, Thanks to the new B.I.S and ISI stamp requirements on imported tyres.

And by the way you can call me Joseph or Jalex Nick.

Last edited:
Lol! a twin turbo zen. nice start up and welcome to TAI. good to have someone from SIAM. please post pics of your twin turbo zen sir! :lol!:

Top Bottom