My Trip To Ooty and Wayand

Thread Starter #1
place selected:ooty & wayanad [unexpected mysore]
cars taken: ford fiesta & maruti 800
no of people:8 adults + 2 children
total distance 1436 km
overall mileage: 18kmpl

Day 1
Morning we planned to start our journey at 5.30 in the morning but it became 7 in the morning asusual.

we started from podicherry and the road till villupuram was little bit crowded.and then we reached villupuram and the road till ulundurpet was good and took our
breakfast at ulundurpet and the road till we reach kalakuruchi was very nice to maintain 80-90kmph and the road from kalakuruchi to salem had some diversions
and had some huge bumps which is bad for my fiesta then towards salem the road was nice and can maintain a speed of 100-110 kmph reached mettupalayam and took
our lunch and again filled disel and we found that fiesta has given a mileage of 19 kmpl [which is the second time we had that mileage] as we had booked a cottage
in kotagiri known as bel air cottages we reached kotagiri at 3.30 and it started raining then we went to the cottage and occupied our place at 4. and then we refreshed
and had a tea and went to the nehru park in kotagiri at 5 . And a gardener there advised as to take ooty route and so we can see some bison then we went that side a few kms
and reached pandian park and asked that were we can spot bison they told as to take the road next to pandian park and we went that side and saw a group of bison in the
tea estate and then we went to our cottage at 7. 100_2254.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Day -2

we have planned to visit dodabetta and botanical garden
firstly we went to dodabetta the climate was very nice with the mist i have noticed the temperature as 14 degree celsius

when we came down to botanical garden the temperature has raised and we had to spend there till 1.30 pm and started our journey towards the road towards gudalur was nice but a 10kms towards gudalur was with pathholes wayanad and it started raining when we came down to gudalur it stoped but the temp is maintained as 25 degree celsius and we took our lunch at a hotel it is nearly 3.30pm and there we inquired some people who said "going to wayanad is a waste of time and money" but myself, i was sure that i should not miss wayanad and started towards wayanad at 5pm ant roads were excellent towards sultan bathery and it is full of mist for about 10km which we have to travel at 30-50kmph and we reached sultan bathery and some people there insisted us to go manathavady as we wanted to go to mysore and we reached there at 10 pm and stayed at a hotel there .and there roads of wayanad was very much enjoyable to drive. but as a one love to drive in hills and love hills station surely you can visit wayanad.Really Wayanad is gods own country.

Attachments

Nice pictures, I have been to ooty but its a long time now, theses pictures refreshed some memories....

Thread Starter #6
Day 3

we started our journey from mananthavady and headed towards tholpetty wildlife santuary . the route towards the wild life santuary was very nice we had spotted a elephant and deer on the route but it started raing when we reach tholpetty wildlife santuary the forest guards there told us going to santuary area is waste as there is no chance of spotting tiger so then with little disappionment we started towards thirunelly temple the route was painful with full of dangerous curves which we have enjoyed and the thirunelly temple was very nice with good sight seeing it was full of green hills surrounding and i can say there were no words to say about wayanad and then time for us to go to lunch so we again went to mananthavaady and took our lunch and went to pazhassi raja tomb and kuruva dweep and we didnt go for a walk ter instead we planned to go to mysore so we headed towards mysore passing nagerhole wild life santuary and the route was good half way and another half way we have to go in interior roads of karnataka wich was very bad and managed some wat and reached mysore one the we have spotted a elephant , bison and peacock . and on the way we spotted kabini dam and visited it too reached brindavanam garden at 8 and spend about 1 and 1/2 hour and reached srirangapatna and stayed tere at a guest house

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice travelogue Rajvel, and very nice snaps. And you spotted elephants and peacock too. Which hotel/ resort did you stay?

Thread Starter #8
Nice travelogue Rajvel, and very nice snaps. And you spotted elephants and peacock too. Which hotel/ resort did you stay?
yes i saw all these animals. As i went to wayanad in late night to mananthavady there was some dirty lodge which i have never came across in my life and i forgot its name i saw the elephants in the way to tholpetty santuary and thirunelly temple. as i went to mysore from wayanad i came across nagerhole wild life santuary and the road was worst as there was big diversion for about 15kms. So i missed nagerhole.

Thread Starter #9
DAY 4

As we had our stay in srirangapatna. morning when i woke i say my very dirty so washed my car first. And went to srirangapatna temple and then to palace and then from the palace we started our return journey through chamrajnagar - najangud full of hills it was very scenic drive in that side . when i was enjoying these roads suddenly a deer from one side of the road to another but i cant click a picture of it.

Attachments

Top Bottom