My trip to Kodaikanal & Munnar

Thread Starter #16
Here are the next set of pictures: I was bored after finishing the sight seeing in Kodaikanal , so i fully wandered around my resort till the night.
-----------Next Post-----------
Final set of pictures from Kodaikanal:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
@ Deepak Thanks bro!

@ Lovetodrive Thanks bro , yeah i stayed there only both in Kodaikanal and Munnar! Munnar was even better than this![thumbsup]

Thread Starter #22
Let me continue now.

The next day morning at around 9AM we started from Kodaikanal to Munnar. We reached Munnar by around 4PM in the evening. I enjoyed the driving in the ghat roads , awesome experience and my Safari pulled off cleanly without any fuss! Checked into our rooms and decided to take rest that day. That night we came to know that the resort is organising an one day trip across Munnar the next day , we decided to go along with them. The next day morning they took a Swaraj Mazda and we went off in that van for sight seeing. The guide and driver and were friendly and they told us many interesting facts about Munnar. The driver drove really well in the ghats as he was very experienced , though he was still young only. I was told that most of the tea estates in Munnar belonged to TATA!

Pictures of next day outings , still more to come. These set of pictures include some viewpoints of the tea-estates , a water-fall and the foggy climate.

Attachments

Thread Starter #26
Here are the next set of pictures which include The flower of a tea plant , a Jeep with funny seat covers , Maatupatty dam ,speed boating , a group of elephants which we saw while boating and a flower garden which we visited. Speed boating is real fun. Many of us would have travelled on roads on high speeds and even some would have drifted too , imagine all this on water!

Let the pictures speak now , still more to come.

Attachments

So experienced speed boats @ 90Kmph in water drifting like A-Star ?

Wow, I still couldn't forget those moments.

Thread Starter #29
Here are my next set of pictures which includes more pictures of the Flower garden and an empty ground where we had lunch. Still few remaining!

Attachments

Thread Starter #30
Here are the final set of pictures which covers the Rajamalai hills in Munnar , i was told that this is the highest peak in Munnar! It was raining by the time we reached , so we din walk much returned half way back. The hills are known for these goats.

Then finally after finishing all the sight seeing in Munnar reached back resort by around 4PM in the evening. We had dinner and slept , next day we had to go to Kottayam for seeing a few temples.

We started from Munnar by around 7AM in the morning and reached Kottayam by 5PM in the evening. We suffered a puncture on your way and so lost more than hour in replacing the tube since most of us have moved to tubeless nowadays and moreover getting the tube size for Safari was even more difficult! We just saw few temples before they closed and in the evening around 7PM dad got an important call and we need to get back to Chennai the next day!

So next day journey towards Chennai from Kottayam , distance almost close to 800KM! Started at 7AM in the morning again had breakfast at Thrissur around 10AM , then some snacks at Palakkad i guess , then lunch at Coimbatore at around 2:30PM , then again evening snacks at Salem at around 5PM in the evening , then another halt at Krishnagiri at 7PM in the evening and then reached home by around 11PM in the night!

Whole trip spans close to 2000KM and our Safari made us feel comfortable in the entire trip! I was driving all the way without any complaints![thumbsup]

Attachments

Top Bottom