Cars taken Ford Fiesta and Maruti 800
No of people 6 adults with 2 children
places visited
1 St Day- nothing just a 740 Kms drive from pondicherry to kollur karnataka
2 Nd day- Mookambigai temple,murdeswar and udupi temple stayed in udupi
3 rd day - Dharmastala,kukke subramanya and stayed in coorg/madekeri
4 th day - talakaveri,thiruveni sangam, and journey towards pondicherry

reached home saturday night 3 am
This was my trip and I'll post pictures tommorow and share some nice experience.

Mr. Raj, Pls post some pics with some details about KMs info between places. and the safety on the road with family. I wanted to take my family to some out state [since non my family members been to any other state apart from TN and Pondy]

Thread Starter #4
Good one, please post some pic's..

OT : Is that your 800 ? I can see that in every trip of yours. Do post the pic's
That's my uncle's one which we took it for the trip to wayanad also.Pictures you can see now.

DAY-1
The First day was a full of driving experience.A highlight is that driving about 728 Kms in a day from PONDICHERRY TO KOLLUR.Start time 7 AM in the morning and reached kollur night 1 AM.

There was a sudden surprise in the morning.when i filled diesel in my car and waiting for the another car to join us there was a sudden surprise in the morning to spot Mr surenders car[surprise] as that day 15 Aug.we had a TAI meet at Amirthi near vellore. It was a very nice journey with Mr surender towards tindivanam crusing at 120+ KMPH crossing 40 KMS in 18-20 Mins.
Had a small stop in my dad's friends house at tindivanam for coffee.
And from tindivanam to gingee we were moving in a small convoy of 3 cars. After reaching Gingee surender took his way towards vellore and myself left for banglore.The roads from tindivanam to gingee is fair but from gingee towards thiruvanamalai was good which we reached in 2 hours.After thiruvanamalai to krishnagiri the roads were worst with pathholes which can damage your rims seriously.From krishnagiri to banglore four track was good and now some road extension work is going on.we took the ring roads in banglore while passing to avoid traffic.there i have took a picture of a appartment which looked good.From Banglore to Tumkur was also fine.
In the road from banglore to tumkur it started raining and saw a beast "THE FORTUNER" i was doing 100 KMPH he crossed me with 120 KMPH it was awesome to see that one in rain with high speed.The route from Tumkur to Shimoga was good there was no rain in that route.The route from Shimoga to kollur was the worst one which took more time as it started raining. The rain was like pouring bucks and bucks of water on your car. That road has about fully filled with red soil and has no road.And finally reached kollur at 1 AM. And finished 728 KMS in a DAY.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Mr. Raj, Pls post some pics with some details about KMs info between places. and the safety on the road with family. I wanted to take my family to some out state [since non my family members been to any other state apart from TN and Pondy]
hai sir,
karnataka is quite a safe place where you have no problem to move with your family.We were doing this trip from 2004 to today.
But some problem we face were
food style

i will share the distance sir
pondicherry to banglore 320kms
banglore to tumkur 70 kms
tumkur to shimoga 200 kms
shimoga to kollur 120 kms
kollur to murdeshwar 60 kms
murdeshwar to udupi 100 kms
udupi to dharmastala 110 kms
dharmastala to subramanya 55 kms
subramanya to mercara 75 kms
mercara to mysore 120 kms
mysore to salem 250 kms
salem to pondicherry 220kms
total i got 1842 kms

How was the trip Buddy?

Post all the details about road, Food & Accomudation.

I may visit those places after 6months.

BTW, I'm waiting for more Pics[;)]

Last edited:
Nice pictures, but i am waiting for more. BTW that grey fortuner reminds me of my Boss's car which religiously does 120+ on highways.

I came to know from uncle from B'lore, that the road between Thiruvanamali and Krishnagiri is not good. So he use Vellore route(Tiruvanamalai-Vellore-Ambur-Krishnagiri).

I came to know from uncle from B'lore, that the road between Thiruvanamali and Krishnagiri is not good. So he use Vellore route(Tiruvanamalai-Vellore-Ambur-Krishnagiri).
I think this is the route Figoen was talking about where he lost his wheel cap and his FL rims got bent.

hai sir,
karnataka is quite a safe place where you have no problem to move with your family.We were doing this trip from 2004 to today.
But some problem we face were
food style

i will share the distance sir
pondicherry to banglore 320kms
banglore to tumkur 70 kms
tumkur to shimoga 200 kms
shimoga to kollur 120 kms
kollur to murdeshwar 60 kms
murdeshwar to udupi 100 kms
udupi to dharmastala 110 kms
dharmastala to subramanya 55 kms
subramanya to mercara 75 kms
mercara to mysore 120 kms
mysore to salem 250 kms
salem to pondicherry 220kms
total i got 1842 kms

Actually I do not know much about the other places except murdeshwar which I have noted my dairy long back. its a lovely place i think. I must visit that place. if possible share some pics from that place.

Thanks for sharing freind. Its an extensive list with KMs details.

Thread Starter #11
How was the trip Buddy?

Post all the details about road, Food & Accomudation.

I may visit those places after 6months.

BTW, I'm waiting for more Pics[;)]
lovely trip, i enjoyed each and every moment of the trip with good climate.
about 100% i had my AC at 1 due to rain,every where the temperature in my DIS was 19 degree-27 degree there
FIRST DAY my accomadation was at devasthanam room every year we would stay there
cost of AC room RS 450
NON AC room RS 200 or 500
rest thing i would share now
FIRST DAY we took all home packed food due to food style
rest thing i would share now

Thread Starter #13
Actually I do not know much about the other places except murdeshwar which I have noted my dairy long back. its a lovely place i think. I must visit that place. if possible share some pics from that place.

Thanks for sharing freind. Its an extensive list with KMs details.
sure sir now i will upload

Thread Starter #14
DAY 2
As it was at late night we went to kollur. Had a good sleep and woke up at 9 in the morning. Took a bath and had a breakfast in the hotel below the lodge. Its fair one and not to tell good.Then went to the temple there were not that much crowed when compared to the month of april and may. Dharshan was excellent.And spend about 3 hours in the temple and left for murdeswar.We took our lunch at murdeshwar a hotel named kamat.It was worthless hotel where we spent Rs 60 for a meal. Murdeswar is a excellent place which i love as we went up towards the shiva statue .In about 15 mins after reaching it started raining.The rains in karnataka is much different than in tamilnadu. we always used to have a continues rain but there it start drizzling without even clouds covering the sky then suddenly it start raining like pouring bucks and bucks of water.Then we went to temple down. There we went to tower of the temple which was about 18 floors high. It was a wonderful scene,you can see the pictures. Finally finished the visit there and went to udupi visited the krishna temple.
Road condition
murdeshwar - udupi worst road
night dinner was good in a hotel near to janarthana lodge was nice.
the rooms in janarthana lodge was also good very desent and clean
costs around Rs 750.

Attachments

Top Bottom