My Tata Sierra Gullwing Door Modification

@raghuvamsh welcome to the forum bother, sierra is best kept stock. please do not modify it. its a sincere request, i was in the same boat as you are a few months back when i wanted the same gull wing door.

the cons are

1. a huge side space is required to open the door, which might not be possible in a tight parking place
2. rigidity of the body frame might be lost due to this alteration.
3. as its a kind of jugaad the fit and finish will not be up to the mark
4. once the rigidity of the frame is lost there would be a compramise on safety as well.

please think twice before you do so.
i'm a sierra owner myself i know how you feel about getting in the back seat but please dont let your sierra enter the chop shop.

please do post a few pics of your sierra so that we can give you other suggestions. feels nice to have another member on the forum with the same car.[:D]

Thanks So much, I was just in fantasy of having the Gull-Wings. [:)]
Sure but I am planning it for a Honda-City or Vento. Do you suggest doing that or you want me not to attempt this feat to any of the cars...

Go for scissor doors instead of gull wing doors.that requires less space to open and is practical for Indian congested parking space. But the point is procuring the hinges required for scissor doors would be a costly affair also I don't know any place where the ctaftmenship is up to that level.rest its your rides you can do whatever you like. We here can only suggest.

Last edited:
As I said in my earlier post procuring the hinges is a task so I'm really not sure one can find it in AP however Mumbai it would be available which will cost you a arm and a leg.will try to find out the source and update.

Sunil i believe the headlight is from Sumo Victa. even the Bonnet is changed for the same i believe. Looks neat. However don't leave the blacked disc as such, go for Wheel covers or alloys if alloys are over the budget at least a suitable Wheel cap. would Enhance the look. TATA Gurkha which is Turbo Sierra sold in the UK are the only sierras that came with Roof Rail. your roof rail is an aftermarket i guess. we both have same color Sierras. Feels Good to have a co member with the same Car and the same enthu for this old beast. do share more pics of interior and exterior of the car Also please let us know what are the things to be done in the restoration, will it be mechanical restoration or outer body restoration.There is a Member called illangospeed, he is from Chennai if im not wrong. I think he will be in a position to help you out as you both share the same geographical area. Happy Motoring.

Sorry I totally forgot Welcome to the Forum. Happy miles ahead.

Last edited:
thanks for your reply / i am trying to retain all original parts , value suggest.. thanks again . the roof railing is in bad condition. possible can i find new one ? unfortunately i find few dents in unexpected spots like roof rail screw hole( old owner have pasted it). and few dents near the front door. the sealing with the door is bad. And few electrical starting motor trouble, sorting out today. I got this one by september, I wish to restore sooner. seats are little shaky .

I will upload few more photos , WP_20151219_12_54_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20151219_12_54_38_Pro.jpg

Top Bottom