My Silver Ritz Baby Finally Arrived...

Thread Starter #1
Here is the Ownership review of my Maruti Ritz Lxi (Silver). I reside in Thane and got the car with RTO passing delivered on 27th Jan 2012. Sorry to post this review a bit late.

Shortlisting Process:
-------------------------

My car hunt started since November 2011 with a tight budget of 4 to 4.5 lacs. Visited many car showrooms and shortlisted below cars:
1) Maruti Estilo
2) Maruti A-star
3) Chevy Spark
4) Chevy Beat
5) Ford Figo
6) Fiat Punto 1.2 Active
7) Hyundai Santro
8) Hyundai i-10 Era

My priorities were as mentioned below:
1) Must be a Tall Boy.
2) Easy Ingress/Egress
3) Powerful engine.
4) Decent Fuel Economy
5) Decent Rear legroom and Headroom
6) Overall Practical than just good looking.
7) Good Boot space.
8) Driveability both in city and Highways.

Starting with Maruti Estilo and A-star, both have average looks, however rear seating is just for 2. 3rd person gets cramped. hence rejected them.

Checked the Chevy spark, offers were very good from Chevrolet however I am against the central speedo design, hence rejected it.

I really liked the Chevy Beat in terms of looks, design, 80 BHP power, and very comfortable. However lack of Boot space and rear bench space turned down the decision.

I was doubtful about the ASS and maintainence cost of Ford Figo, hence rejected it.

Got tempted with good offers on the Fiat Punto 1.2 Active, however ASS under the Tata Dealership was again not convincing enough.

Then checked out the Hyundai Santro which is definitely a tried and tested product in the market however it still features the 10 year old Epsilon engine.

Lastly, the Hyundai i-10 Era model was within the 4.5 Lacs mark which was almost meeting all the requirements, until my friend suggested for the MARUTI RITZ!

Comparing the i-10 Era model with the Ritz, 3 things were in favour of the Ritz:
1) Power and Torque figures
2) Engine
3) Steering feel at higher speeds.

i-10 Era produces 68 Bhp and 101 Nm torque while the Ritz supercedes with 83 Bhp and 113 Nm torque.

Engine-wise, i-10 has iRDe 1086 Cc engine which is much similar to Santro while the Ritz has a 1200 Cc K-series engine.

Also i-10 has a not-so inspiring steering feel at higher speeds while high speed stability is great in Ritz.

Tried to consider the i-10 Kappa2, however it was nearly 5 lacs, hence out of budget.

Test drive and Booking:
-----------------------

I went with my friend to the nearest Maruti Authorized dealer (Fortpoint) and enquired about the Ritz pricing. Base model started from 4.5 lacs. Maruti was
running discounts in Dec, it was 21K discount. Hence from price point of view, it was costing 4.30 lacs On-road.

Took a test drive of the car and found it very good at handling, comfort, steering feedback, etc. I Wanted to go with the Vxi variant (it was 30K costlier), however it was out of stock and as per Maruti representative the next stock will be arriving in Jan 2012 with no discounts. Hence booked the Lxi variant (Silver color).

Following were the freebies given by the dealer:
1) Sunfilm
2) Air freshner
3) Floor mats
4) Mud Flaps
5) Steering cover
6) AntiRust coating
7) Fabric seat covers (at half the price)

Did PDI check few days later at the Maruti Stockyard in Bhiwandi. I was getting a Dec 2011 model, however made sure the car registration and Insurance in Jan 2012.

After all financial formalities were done, informed the Maruti guys that I would take delivery of the car on 27th Jan.

D-Day
-------------------------

Since it was Paush Month (As per Marathi calendar) in early Jan, didnt take the car till 26th Jan. Decided the delivery day as 27th Jan. Went to the showroom with my family around 11 am.

Did a final inspection of the car, front and rear, side ways, interiors and everything was squeaky clean. The maruti guys were very courteous and friendly. They explained each car detail and answered all the queries patiently.

My Mom did pooja and I tied a nice garland at the bonnet, took a family snap with the car. Reg. paperwork, verified the chassis and engine number on the main invoice. Checked all the Tax receipts, insurance, etc.

Thanked everyone and presented small gifts as a token of appreciation to few of the Maruti representatives who helped us in a smooth car-buying experience.

Finally left the showroom at 2pm with a shout of Ganpati Bappa Morya! [clap]

The Ritz Experience:
------------------------

Since the Lxi variant only comes with AC, power steering and split 60-40 rear seats. Rest all has to be after-market. Next day, visited car accessories shop
in Thane. Fitted below accessories:

1) Pioneer DVD single Din HU.
2) 4 nos. Pioneer 160W speakers (6")
3) Remote Locking with central locking (Xenos)
4) Front and Rear bumper sets
5) Ganesha idol
6) Rear parcel Tray

Everything costed 17K along with Labour charges.

Now here are my observations of the car so far:

Positives:
---------------

1) Nice front view, good seating height.
2) Refined engine and nice pickup
3) Rear seat comfort is good
4) Boot space is decent enough (236 Ltrs)
5) Steering control feels great at higher speeds.
6) Average rear space for 3 adults.

Limitations:
--------------

1) Rear window has very limited visibility
2) Feeble horn
3) Rear Tyres are 165/80 R14 (JK Vectra) , while 185/70 provide great road grip and stability. (Only on Zxi variant)

I have driven the Ritz around 200 kms now. Still a lot to discover and experience in this lovely hatch. Have posted some snaps below, do let me know your suggestion/comments. THANKS SO MUCH TO TAI INDIA FOR GIVING AN OPPURTUNITY FOR SHARING MY CAR EXPERIENCE....

Attachments

Re: My Silver Ritz Baby finally arrived....

Congrats on acquiring you new Tall boy Ritz Dear VoyagerDarsh ,Hope the car is giving you a good amount of pleasure and a well written review indeed[thumbswink].

On the accessories front,The steering wheel cover's finish looks awkward, but that's not really a thing to worry about leave aside.

Anyway,wishing you miles of safe and happy journey with your car.Don't forget to update your car's status here.

Time to change your signature buddy. [thumbsup]
Congos for the ride. Drive safe!!!

Congrats for your Ritz.Tall car always have good Ingress/Egress.Any plan to change to alloy wheels.
Wishing you a safe and happy driving.[thumbsup]

Congrats on your new Ritz LXi. I think you should instal original MGA power window kits for your car.It costs anywhere between rs 5500 to rs 6500 (front doors) and rs 12000 to rs 13000 for a set of 4. I installed them in my Alto LXi.

Congratulations for the car , wishing you many more happy miles with the car.

You mentioned feeble horn as a negative , change it then , good horns range from Rs.500-1000. Also if you feel the tyres are not good enough , exchange them while they are still new and get better tyres.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks for all the wishes!

@droy: Not yet planned to change to alloy wheels. Will do it sometime later.

@swiftvxi06: Yes, power windows is required since all 4 are manual as of now. Some of my friends suggested me to keep the manual ones only becoz the power windows are tend to get damaged in rains if the circuit goes bad. Any thoughts on that?

@cooldhaya: Yes, I am changing the horn with the next accessories change that I am doing, maybe this month itself. Also reg. the tyres, it will again cost me somewhere around 15-20 K. I will surely check with few tyre dealers in the city. Maybe, will wait for sometime and then upgrade.

Voyager,dear Congrats for acquiring MY hot favorite car,MS RITZ.
Your car is really looking great.
The Ritz is the most practical car(after Wagon R)in the market and a sip of performance just adds to the treat.Congrats once again.

VoyagerDarsh : Congrats on the Ritz. The 1.2 K series is a fantastic engine and would give you miles of motoring pleasure. Please get the B-pillar blackened (like the one on the VXi) It costs only a couple of hundred rupees and improves the looks of the car tremendously. You might also want to get the ORVMs painted silver. Two very cost effective ways to make the car look more smashing. I would also suggest a tyre upgrade to 185/70 or 195/70. It will make a HUGE difference to stability and safety.

Attachments

@swiftvxi06: Yes, power windows is required since all 4 are manual as of now. Some of my friends suggested me to keep the manual ones only becoz the power windows are tend to get damaged in rains if the circuit goes bad. Any thoughts on that?
The power windows mechanicals gets damaged only if water enters the interior part of the window,so its advised to keep the windows closed when raining.

@cooldhaya: Yes, I am changing the horn with the next accessories change that I am doing, maybe this month itself. Also reg. the tyres, it will again cost me somewhere around 15-20 K. I will surely check with few tyre dealers in the city. Maybe, will wait for sometime and then upgrade.
If you going to change the horn, <1000 Rs budget then Hella red grill or roots wind horn will be good.

Thread Starter #12
Just an update...

Fitted following additons recently in the Ritz:

* Roots Dual Horn: 550/-
* Front Fog Lamps: 750/-
* Replaced OEM Headlamp bulbs (60-55W) with Philips Halogen (90-100W) along with separate cut-out switch: 1070/-
* Garware Sunfilm for Front screen: 600/-
* Chrome Mirror covers: 250/-

Total was Rs. 3500/- with labour charges.

Will be adding rear seat headrests, Reverse parking sensor and possibly power windows in few months time. Any suggestions/advice always welcome..keep them showering.

Congratulations VoyagerDarsh ! Nice to see your car finally,did you mean you applied sunfilm for your whole front windshield for 600 rupees? Reverse sensors could be a good bet while making tight parking spots,even if you make contact with another car/bike while parking it wont make a scratch but it will lead to silly fights,there is more than enough road rage already.

Top Bottom