My Scorpio VLX - Powered By mHawk!

Thread Starter #32
i wont say is not sturdy. the new scorpio has equally tough body panels & is also heavily built but the built QUALITY, or the toughness of the old scorpio is absent.

ilango[speed thirst];9501 said:
Are you saying the new scorpio is not so sturdy as non crde ones.?

i have driven both the scorpios crde as well as new Mhawk, the difference was surely better engine in mhawk but that hark rock feeling seemed missing from scorpio which this new one feels more of the gadgets,and a bit softer feel, still is build to last, hope they remove this new bumber and give back that older one which suits more to this car.

Thread Starter #34
Meanwhile, i have to give my scorpio to the A.S.S to address the following issues:
1) right horn button on the steering wheel is not working.
2) ABS light still comes on, albeit rarely.
3) Ac blower is making a squeaking noise.
4) driver door is making a squeaking noise again.
5) have to enquire for new scorpio's rear badges. the 'X' in VLX is broken!
6) scorpio's left RVM has a concave mirror but right (driver side) RVM is plane mirror. i am planning to buy the left side concave mirror & fit it in the right RVM. its possible since the shape is same & i have done it in the scorpio M2Di in kerela.
i had to give my scorpio to the A.S.S to address the following issues:
1) right horn button on the steering wheel is not working.
2) ABS light still comes on, albeit rarely.
3) Ac blower is making a squeaking noise.
4) driver door is making a squeaking noise again.
5) have to enquire for new scorpio's rear badges. the 'X' in VLX is broken!
6) scorpio's left RVM has a concave mirror but right (driver side) RVM is plane mirror. i am planning to buy the left side concave mirror & fit it in the right RVM. its possible since the shape is same & i have done it in the scorpio M2Di in kerela.

today my car went to the A.S.S to rectify the above issues. overall i am an unsatisfied customer & that has reflected in the feedback form they gave.

anyways, i will come to that later, first let me talk about the outcome:
1) right button is suprisingly working fine now!
2) they claim it was a faulty sensor, i wont be suprised if it re-arises.
3) rectified but with lot of trouble, i will come to that later.
4) squeaking noise rectified.
5) they dint have the badges.
6) they say the mirror cannot be fitted! strange as i have done it in my scorpio M2Di in kerela!

now coming to the bad part, my car's job card was opened at 10.30 am & the service advisor told me that my car would be ready by 3 pm. i CLEARLY told him that i cant wait after 3 pm as i have to reach somewhere else by 4 pm. if that is the case, i was ready to take the delivery the next day. he said the car will be ready. i called by 2 pm & RECONFIRMED that my car will be ready by 3 pm. i reached the A.S.S & was delighted to see my car all washed and waiting at the parking lot. now the saga begins here...

as soon as i requested a check-up drive before clearing the bill, another guy came from somewhere & attached the OBD to my scorpio. soon i realized that the ABS issue has not been checked yet!

the guys started checking the ABS & said the car will be ready in 30 mins. i waited till 3.30 when the SA called me for the check-up drive. thats when he "claimed" that the ABS issue is resolved. yes, thats what he said even in the previous visit & the visit before that! then i turn ON the AC & realize that the AC blower is still squeaking! i asked the SA that what have they done till now & he seems understandably furious. in front of me, he asked the technician who worked on the car & the technician replied "when i switched on the AC, there was no sound"!!! you fool, if there is no sound, why would i bring my car to you??? pathetic answer! then he said replacing the AC blower would solve the issue which took another 20 mins. it was replaced under warranty.

also, while washing the car, they peeled off a bit of the black vinyl i had pasted on the pillars. when questioned, they said its because the sticker quality is bad! i dint argue but seriously thought that it was perfect before my scorpio entered the A.S.S.

luckily the door noise & alarm siren was rectified on time! finally, i left the showroom by 4 pm, way behind my schedule.

total bill amount was Rs. 540, all were labour charges.

mahindra, you have a long way to go.

Hey Raj, yes they delayed and you need to follow-up, but atleast they did solve your issues. It happens everywhere. And cost was very less also.

Last edited:
Raj has got a point here, he was willing to take the car back the next day even. How I wish these folks could estimate time better.

Vroom

Lucky, you got the car by 4. It could have been more late. I remember getting Logan 2 hours later than the promised time during 30k kms service. But only our driver was waiting there and i went to hang out with my friends as they were near to the A.S.S., So i didn't bother that much.

I think time delay issues are common with almost every dealer. Atleast they have resolved the issues. At TATA you cant expect this too. They wasted 2hrs of mine just for replacing adoor handle.

Thread Starter #40
Hey Raj, yes they delayed and you need to follow-up, but atleast they did solve your issues. It happens everywhere. And cost was very less also.
yes, they did solve after a bit of pestering.

Raj has got a point here, he was willing to take the car back the next day even. How I wish these folks could estimate time better.

Vroom
eventually the work i was supposed to do after 4 pm dint happen because of this.

ilango[speed thirst];10530 said:
Did mahindra replaced ac blower immediately , in 20 min. Is that mahindra?
I am surprised.
yes, they replaced it instantly.

Lucky, you got the car by 4. It could have been more late. I remember getting Logan 2 hours later than the promised time during 30k kms service. But only our driver was waiting there and i went to hang out with my friends as they were near to the A.S.S., So i didn't bother that much.
i dint have time to hang out basically !!!

I think time delay issues are common with almost every dealer. Atleast they have resolved the issues. At TATA you cant expect this too. They wasted 2hrs of mine just for replacing a door handle.
judging by all your comments above, now i am feeling maybe i was a bit too harsh & all this is expected from A.S.S.!

Thread Starter #42
had this constant squeaking noise in my scorpio's driver door. even after 3 visits, the issue was not solved. sent a mail to the customer care day before yesterday!

today i got a message from them informing me my complaint number. soon i received a call from mahindra asking me what my problem was. i told him everything in detail. he said i would get a call back in an hour. in 20 mins, i got a call from global gallarie (the concerned mahindra A.S.S). i explained everything to the lady on the line who took down my vehicle number. she checked the records & stated that my vehicle had indeed come thrice for the same issue. also, she informed that all the services of my car has been done on time & from Global Gallarie itself. so she said, she would inform the SA who handled my car & necessary actions would be taken. have not heard from them till now.

if any updates happen, i'll post them subsequently.

had this constant squeaking noise in my scorpio's driver door. even after 3 visits, the issue was not solved. sent a mail to the customer care day before yesterday!

today i got a message from them informing me my complaint number. soon i received a call from mahindra asking me what my problem was. i told him everything in detail. he said i would get a call back in an hour. in 20 mins, i got a call from global gallarie (the concerned mahindra A.S.S). i explained everything to the lady on the line who took down my vehicle number. she checked the records & stated that my vehicle had indeed come thrice for the same issue. also, she informed that all the services of my car has been done on time & from Global Gallarie itself. so she said, she would inform the SA who handled my car & necessary actions would be taken. have not heard from them till now.

if any updates happen, i'll post them subsequently.
Good to know that Mahindra replied promptly, hoping that A.S.S rectify the problem.

Good to hear from the manufacturer and then from their dealer as well,something one always looks forward from their brand owned.But sadly even after couple of visits for same problem, still its not been resolved which mahindra needs to look into and give you a trouble free car.spending 10L+, one does expects to get the services and complaints resolved in sooner time.Hope things get sorted out.

Top Bottom