My Scorpio VLX - Powered By mHawk!

Thread Starter #46
My scorpio had a unscheduled visit to the A.S.S. yesterday.

Issues were:
1) a strange noise from the AC blower, something like a grinding noise
2) squeaking noise from the front 2 doors
3) handbrake had become loose with use
4) rear "VLX" badge was broken

Result:

1) the AC noise was because many leaves got sucked into the AC blower & that was making the noise. my car is parked under a tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio every morning. however, as a goodwill gesture, mahindra has replaced the blower free of charge & also without any labour charge. though it was advised to us that mahindra is not entitled to replace the blower under warranty under such circumstances.

2) the door noise is solved as for now. but i am not sure when it will re-appear again.

3) the handbrake has been tightened & is fine now.

4) a new VLX badge was pasted.

Charges:

1) VLX badge: Rs. 64/-
2) WD 40: Rs. 72/-

Labour charges:

1) AC filter clean: Rs. 60/-
2) Brake adjust: Rs. 380/- (i think this is on the higher side)

Total: Rs. 639/-

The nice part is that they have stopped charging me for car wash & also cotton waste was not charged this time!

i am happy this time!

It is a nice feeling to drive away from an Service Station, happy and satisfied, though it unfortunately is not the case on many an occasion.
Was amazed to read about the cotton waste!! Good thing they have stopped it!!

350Z

Core Team
Result:

1) the AC noise was because many leaves got sucked into the AC blower & that was making the noise. my car is parked under a tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio every morning. however, as a goodwill gesture, mahindra has replaced the blower free of charge & also without any labour charge. though it was advised to us that mahindra is not entitled to replace the blower under warranty under such circumstances.
I’m afraid because my car is too parked under a tree daily and whenever the hood or boot is opened, I see a bunch of dead leaves.

2) the door noise is solved as for now. but i am not sure when it will re-appear again.
What did they do to resolve the issue?

3) the handbrake has been tightened & is fine now.
) Brake adjust: Rs. 380/- (i think this is on the higher side)
The charge for repairing handbrake indeed looks on higher side, But again what was done resolve the problem? By the way, Is your car currently under warranty?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #51
It is a nice feeling to drive away from an Service Station, happy and satisfied, though it unfortunately is not the case on many an occasion.
Was amazed to read about the cotton waste!! Good thing they have stopped it!!
i am not sure whether they stopped charging for the cotton waste. will come to know when the car goes for a service.

Great to see you happy and you must be with so less cost of service.
yes, i was expecting a bill in the range of 2500-3000.

ilango[speed thirst];23090 said:
Was it just brake adjust , or full brake cleaning.

if its full brake cleaning means the cost is justified
i had told them just to adjust the hand brake. but then the amount for just a brake adjust seems ridiculous, so i think they must have done the cleaning too.

I’m afraid because my car is too parked under a tree daily and whenever the hood or boot is opened, I see a bunch of dead leaves.
just get the Ac checked once.

What did they do to resolve the issue?
i think they just tightened the bolts & sprayed WD 40!

The charge for repairing handbrake indeed looks on higher side, But again what was done resolve the problem? By the way, Is your car currently under warranty?
i dint ask about the handbrake. i was more concerned about the AC & door squeaks. when i heard that they were not charging anything for the new AC blower, i was pretty satisfied & dint ask anything else!

i am not sure whether they stopped charging for the cotton waste. will come to know when the car goes for a service.
This is a surprise!!
Are any of the other manufacturer A.S.S.s charging for this?
Toyota, Skoda, and MSIL, no, for sure, though I am sure they are building in the cost!!

Thread Starter #54
@ cooldhaya: yes, scorpio is cheaper than safari when it comes to service & spares. i was very much surprised about the VLX badge because the last time i visited the A.S.S, they said its out of stock & they promised they would get it for me the next time. then i enquired outside at local shops & they said the badge comes in a set (MAHINDRA SCORPIO VLX) & costs Rs. 400! Just VLX was not available! but what was surprising was that the A.S.S (normally known to charge more than local shops) just replaced the VLX badge this time for Rs. 64!!!

@ aditya: toyota does not charge for this but as you said, their service bills are quite high, so they dont need to. but anyways, its amusing to charge Rs. 8 for cotton waste! mahindra also used to charge Rs. 450 for washing/cleaning the vehicle, which they have stopped now.

Last edited:
The only tata ,that is high in maintenance cost is safari .

And you can get the difference of new and old scorpio only if you have driven both. Raj i think you own both.

We had a very first 03 model . Also i have driven the latest model. Huge difference
in everything.

Thread Starter #57
Oh thats good!! I have ordered for my Safari EX badge long back but am still to get it!
you can try a local shop like i did.

ilango[speed thirst];23399 said:
The only tata ,that is high in maintenance cost is safari .

And you can get the difference of new and old scorpio only if you have driven both. Raj i think you own both.

We had a very first 03 model . Also i have driven the latest model. Huge difference
in everything.
i agree in both. safari is really high on maintenance whereas indica & indigo is cheap. maybe tata positions the safari as their "premium" vehicle.

yes, the non-CRDe & the mHawk are poles apart. the engine sound, the acceleration, the driveability, the ride quality & the overall feel of the vehicle is just too different. the only thing common is the name! when i come from kerela (after driving the non-CRDe over there), it takes me around 4-5 mins of driving to settle down with the mHawk.

Yeah the spares of the Safari are really costly!! How about these to justify it , The ORVM costs 4k for one single full unit! The wheel cover for the spare wheel again costs 3k!!

Thread Starter #59
scorpio new electric mirror with casing & assembly costs Rs. 1500 at the A.S.S & Rs. 1000 at any local shop. the older non-electric mirror costs Rs. 780.

compare this to the Rs. 6500 for the innova.

Top Bottom