My Scorpio Reaches Home and Gets Smiles Along

Thread Starter #91
Update- Just got a call from Chrome SA. They have received the vechile and work in on! I have spoken to a guy Sumanth and also to Kiran to look at the service of my car.
As there are no major issues, it should be ready for delivery by evening. estimate will be given after the lunch hr as per the SA.

Update- Just got a call from Chrome SA. They have received the vechile and work in on! I have spoken to a guy Sumanth and also to Kiran to look at the service of my car.
As there are no major issues, it should be ready for delivery by evening. estimate will be given after the lunch hr as per the SA.
Hey krish, its Suman, he was in SKS Auto earlier.

Thread Starter #93
@update- Vechile service completed and its on the way back to meet its Owner/lover. :)
Parts changed as per SA- Gear oil changed
Brake pads cleaned and greased.
Back door lock changed under warranty (as its not closing properly)
Gear liners adjusted. (SA says reverse gear is perfect now)
Power steering cable/liner adjusted to remove air bubbles.
Polish done. (interior and exterior).
The more best part- Bill is 1209 did i hear right?? Yes its 1209. [:D]
will share the bill details tomorrow once i have it in hand.

Brake pads cleaned and greased.
Gear liners adjusted. (SA says reverse gear is perfect now)
Power steering cable/liner adjusted to remove air bubbles.
That is excellent to read Krish. Sorry I missed somewhere, which KM service was this?

What problems were you facing for the quoted points?

Thread Starter #95
G2- its the second free service 10K Kms.
No issues as such. Just informed the SA to check on the power steering as i felt its a bit hard.
Its a little hard to engage a reverse gear. I had to engage first, move 1/2 inch and then engage reverse some times.
The only actual issue was opening the rear door from inside, some times it does not open even with "No child lock" engaged.
So here is the overall breakup of the bill.
Gear oil change- 400
Brake pads oiling/greasing- 120
tax- 107
Labour charge- 600 (may be its a bit high but i was happy as the vehicle was picked and dropped back in perfect condition.)
Total- 1200 +100 tips i gave the driver.

Overall- Chrome currently won my heart. Thanks Mukesh for your suggestion on the service center and SA details.

Hey krish expecting some pics.
You are here by expected to post updates with pics hereafter.
Till then management of TAI will levy heavy penalty on Krish that from here on he is expected to post at least a pic with every update in this thread.

Chairman Committee
Sd/-

Krish what is the use of buying iPhone 5 ? If its not put to use ? Man the iPhone 5 has a amazing camera and you must it very often . Why iam talking about it here ?

because you can use the camera click some pics of your Scorpio and treat us .

The ownership report is great but it lacks pics of your beast kindly kindly allow us to see your beast in its full glory bro .

Thread Starter #98
Raja- Its not option of Ph or Camera but my office n/w does not allow USB/bluetooth connection and so cannot connect any external device.
The only alternative is go home and use my Wife's Laptop to upload the snaps.
True a review without pic is as good as Soda without Whisky. [:D]
I will try complete this max by this weekend. Thank you for all the interest. will not disappoint you.

Thread Starter #99
All- Here is a small write up on my hwak after service and a fishing camp trip with family.
This camp is just after doodbalapur or after the D cross. Sorry do not have pics of fishing as there is no much water in the pond but a lot of snakes which scared my kid hell out. I had to carry him and walk out to the car and so could not take any pics.
This lake is near a nice grape yard. See my sons scary face after the walk from the pond :)
A farmer selling Fresh vegetables at cheap rates.
Goat trying to fight while taking a snap.
A lot of monkeys on this Big tree.
Wife trying her driving skills on this desert rd.

Attachments

Thread Starter #100
Now about the car and the recent Mods. Led installed
View from middle row - Under the seats
View for front right and left.
LEDs on the back door. It creates a great visibility You can see in next pics.
LED's on the front/head lamps. View with and without LEDs.
These were very easy to install- Got the LED water proof strip for 120/mt. Totally required 7 mts.
Cut them into require length. Ensure they are cut with resistor on the strip. The max resistors the better.
Solder the ends and connect to the switch on the door for light on/off and its done.
Sorry for the clarity taken it last night on i5.
A pic of the fishing rod.

Attachments

Thread Starter #104
Thank you G2. Got them installed on own. Its pretty easy task. Just solder the ends with wire and fix it with door opening connector which is already present. For front, attached it to parking bulb.

Top Bottom