My Red Highway King: Mahindra XUV500 W8 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #92

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thank you bhvm for being so active in this regard.Just hoping someone in the M&M management is going through all these posts.It sure will shake them a bit on reading all this we are discussing.

Thread Starter #93

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Today went for the latest XUV recall.Took 2 hours in total.Job included software update and cavity protection done inside the engine bay.I must say M&M is good and proactive.

Thread Starter #95

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
In cavity protection, they spray motolube in the engine bay at predetermined rust prone points to ensure they remain rust free for the years to come. Motolube is a chemical which has aromatic smell.It is sprayed in fine droplets on the area to displace moisture and make a fine coating on the surface.

Thread Starter #96

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Cavity protection done by M&M during the recall, was not done professionally (on my car at least). Despite of me standing on top of their head during the procedure.1) When I came home I noticed new scratches on my headlight(Lt one). (2) Corner protection foam at the edge of engine compartment was stuck together by motolube .It got broken off in 2 pieces,when I tried to open the bonnet. 3)The worker had spilled solvent all over my Lt fender.It took me an hour to rub off the solvent stains from the fender.[frustration]
Anyway,Its too late to cry now.The good news is that I covered 2 more trips after the recall. First was to Nainital,in the month of April. The second was to badrinath done in late may. Badrinath trip was tiring as I had to go so much round and round and tipsy-curvy,allover the Himalayas. Never have I driven over so many hair pin bends and U-turns in a singe journey.
The terrain after joshimath was very tricky and risky.I found it to be tougher than rohtang pass trip.There were many water crossing and no- road situations.There was one gentleman from Delhi who had brought his LAURA there and he was having a tough time,as was this young guy on his amaze.It was very obvious that both these sedans were taking repeated under body hits,all through the last leg of off- roading. and here in kanpur every body was advising me to take my swift,as its a small car which is suited for turns and bends in narrow mountain roads.

Thread Starter #97

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Water leakage from the roof lining ,from inside the sunglass holder,in XUV.
I faced this issue when my XUV was only 3 mths new. This leakage occurs only in torrential rains,especially when the vehicle is moving fast. Water enters from left side of the roof lining,besides the sensors of rearview mirror.Its not a direct fall,but water keeps collecting and is noticed as a trickle or multiple drops when the vehicle takes a u turn towards the right or left with speed.
When showed to the MASS they did a "direct pressure wash on the roof" test,and found the exact 2 points of entry.They said that some rubber beading or rubber- block under the windshield is missing in that area in some batches,and they will rip out the whole windscreen with wire cutters and look into the matter!! When I enquired whether the wind screen will crack on pulling out they said yes it may happen.They asked me to leave my XUV with them for 3 days.for the solution. Like hell I would have!![frustration]
I was so scared of scratches on my new red paint that I did a DIY with fevibond,and its been holding on for more than 2 years.I feel its a generic problem with certain batches and M&M should be proactive for the solution.I noticed my fellow member suffering from the same issue and that's why I felt the need to share my views.[anger]

Hey Mayank,

Can you post some picture with the exct location? As I would first look at the seepage myself and then take it to the ASC, I am assuming since the point of leakage is the same there is a chance that the point of seepage will also be the same or quite near to each other. I also dont want them to rip out the entire Windscreen.

Can you also tell me what is the month of manufacturing of your XUV?

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #99

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My XUV is Jan2013 model.The vin no.also confirm this date. I will try to get the pictures of this leaking area and post it here.

Thread Starter #100

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
IMG_20150818_183241839.jpg

IMG_20150818_183240539.jpg

IMG_20150818_183239376.jpg

IMG_20150818_183238167.jpg
I'm trying to demarcate the leak points in the above photos by pens. As can be seen in the picture water seeping issue occurs more from the right side as compared to the left(i was sitting inside the car with the SA when pressure wash was done ).Moderator sir help me out in uprighting pictures.

Mayank this looks gross, as some have suggested keep following up with MM, also post these pics. on XUV5OO FB page, to find a solution, we all know fevibond is not a solution for a Rs.1.5M car.

all the best

Vinod

Thread Starter #102

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I agree.this is not to be expected in a 16 lakh rs vehicle.But now ,I want to follow the sanest approach .If M&M suggests retrograde filling of silicone, after removing roof ling etc., I am game for this,but I would definitely shy away from letting them perform all sorts of experiments on my car .I want fixed and focused approach to this problem and not "lets rip out the windshield and see what happens" approach.:biggrin:

Thread Starter #103

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I want to move out of the city but cant do it because of work and patients.There is dengue everywhere in my city and I cannot and must not abandon the sick ones.I am just waiting for a window(of low patient O.P.D) and I will be out on my way.Inspired by BHVM ordered collinite on amazon and used it on xuv and swift .Man, that stuff works.Thanks BHVM.But now I am fed up of cleaning,and polishing the xuv and going nowhere.Its ridiculous and looks stupid.
Almost went ahead with the vaishnodevi trip 15 days back, but at the very last moment cancelled everything due to glanders scare in the ponies there.I had the car all packed up including water,meds and all.
I am worried the battery might get discharged if I don't move the vehicle for long. Of course I religiously do the idling stuff,but that doesn't satisfy me enough.The scary clutch plate failure thread is going on the other thread,and vipulji has come all out with blazing guns and swords.I like it.That man has some clout,and its good(at least for the forum) that he says it all, what he has in his mind,good or bad.And he has a unique and peculiar way with words.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Don't worry mate.
The Human factor always come first. You will enjoy your trip more thoroughly when your heart says you've done a good job!
Even I'm longing for some trip. Almost since a year I haven't taken XUV thunderbolt for a long trip.
Lets see around Diwali or Christmas.

P.S The best thing I do when Vehicle is parked for Weeks is turn on the Vehicle and enjoy some music with Engine running. Its Great fun and the battery also gets charged.

vipulji has come all out with blazing guns and swords.
Saarji I am very very sorry, I never knew there is a doctor behind that smiling face [evil]

And even more scary is the though that a doctor has just called for my name. "Doctor saab, goli maar do.. lekin sui mat lagana (Doctor, shoot me but don't inject some weird stuff inside me)" :please:

Just checked the meaning of 'clout' in dictionary and I got this:
clout.JPG

How you guessed that one? Ehh.. Doctors know everything! Still.. spare me doctor saab, I am not even married :biggrin:

Putting OT aside:
Doctor saab I hope the leakage issue has been well taken care by M&M A.S.S.; I guess they would have removed and re-installed your windshield, silicone sealing and all. This is the first time I saw this case (added one more issue with XUV in my books).

If you are going to keep the car parked for around a month or even more, then simply remove a battery terminal. Else 5 minutes a week is more than enough.

BTW it was great to read that you have been to Badrinath (I also drove an XUV to Badri, kedar, gangotri and yamunotri in a single trip a couple of years back). It's just at Hanuman chatti en route to Badri that we encounter 4-5 water crossings (I crossed them on a motorcycle twice) which are nothing for an XUV.

As I say for Scorpio; same words for XUV here. "Show this beast a hilly road and you will understand what a torque monster it is" (Hence proved, I praise XUV too at times). A trip to Vaishno devi is just like a warm up for this beast and I'd say that you should make this one as soon as possible. In fact when Vaishno devi then why not Srinagar and Leh too? XUV can very well take that route IMO.

Top Bottom