My Red Highway King: Mahindra XUV500 W8 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
In the last two years red colour is holding up alright. I don't think it has faded. Eventually all red colours fade . If you want to play safe go for white but don't compromise if your heart wants red.Xuv does look good in red.

Thread Starter #77

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Recently completed my longest trip, kanpur to goa by road in my highway king! Totally self driven.Ofcourse my family was with me.I covered approximately 4000 km in 8 days. Overall average I got was 16.5km per litre. There was not even a hiccup from Xuv despite of 800 km non stop drive per day, all day. I believe it's a gem from mahindra. This trip was unique in one more way. I used cruise control 70% of the time, and it worked flawlessly.

What was the route that you took from kanpur to goa? and what were the road conditions?

Also I need som ehelp on route from Kanpur to Dehradun... Can you help?

Thread Starter #79

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I went from kanpur to indore to shirdi to Ahmednagar to pune to kohlapur to goa. Both the times I had to enter pune at 5 p.m. It was peak hour traffic, and believe me I saw your car in one by lane . Yes I have been to dehradoon in my swift from kanpur. I will guide you.pm me.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Recently completed my longest trip, kanpur to goa by road in my highway king! Totally self driven.Ofcourse my family was with me.I covered approximately 4000 km in 8 days. Overall average I got was 16.5km per litre. There was not even a hiccup from Xuv despite of 800 km non stop drive per day, all day. I believe it's a gem from mahindra. This trip was unique in one more way. I used cruise control 70% of the time, and it worked flawlessly.
That was a rocking ride and Shocking FE sirji!
How did you manage that? I never cross 13.5 on my thunderbolt.
Any tips please!

Thread Starter #82

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My fuel efficiency figures are from the infotainment display and not from tankful wala method. I do believe that accuracy of infotainment display is not far away from tankful method.
Thank you bhvm.I had been getting these type of figures right from the start of my xuv experience.On highways many times I scored 18. In this trip,I got an average of 17.2 in the forward journey of 1800 km.The return journey average got spoiled by bad highway near guna plus pune peak hour traffic plus fog driving near Indore.Add to it the rain driving experience all the way from Goa to Kanpur due to western disturbance.Otherwise there was a good chance I would have improved upon the 17.2 figure in this trip itself.I do not have any special driving style.I think I have given all the driving style details earlier in my thread.

bhvm

Honoured Member
man that MID is not correct.
when I see 15 or something on mid ,I get 13.5 on tank full method. which means your real FE is about 14.5-15kmpl. do check it once with tank method and let us know .

Thread Starter #84

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
OK I agree,the XUV display might be over estimating.But you know what, I am not that much bothered with Kitna deti hai,especially with diesel prices back to the rates when I bought my XUV in 2013 Jan ie 55/-. Actually far more important is that I am driving this M hawk correctly,to extract this average.I graduated from swift to xuv,never having driven diesels all my life.So its a big change or me,I am excited as well as satisfied with all of the things xuv.[lol]

Thread Starter #85

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Update of second service

there was a butterfly below the cover of intercooler
service1.jpg

service2.jpg

service6.jpg

air filter was dirty,very dirty.
service5.jpg

front stabilizer bushes changed.
service4.jpg

service3.jpg

total bill was about 2600.I asked them to change the front wiper blades too,as they were not cleaning properly.After this service pickup and average improved,as a result the mammoth trip from Kanpur to Goa via shirdi,was very enjoyable.

bhvm

Honoured Member
OK I agree,the XUV display might be over estimating.But you know what, I am not that much bothered with Kitna deti hai,especially with diesel prices back to the rates when I bought my XUV in 2013 Jan ie 55/-. Actually far more important is that I am driving this M hawk correctly,to extract this average.I graduated from swift to xuv,never having driven diesels all my life.So its a big change or me,I am excited as well as satisfied with all of the things xuv.[lol]
hmm...
is you swift a petrol? hmm!
maybe that's why you're getting such good FE.
gentle, linear acceleration like a petrol engine,
as opposed to gun and run attitude like us VGT addicts!

Thread Starter #88

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
It is very scary when I read about slave cylinder failure in certain XUV batches,esp of fellow member bhvm. God ,why isn't M&M doing something about it? How come the problem is still popping up in vehicles in 2015.Why isn't M&M issuing a proper recall. Most of us, including me, do long interstate trips in our XUVs,and that's why its scary to read about clutch failure and all in the forum.I always thing what will happen to that unfortunate person who is stranded ,in the middle of nowhere, on our bad highways,with no mobile network,with all the family in the stranded car,including small babies and ladies and with evening or nightfall setting in.How helpless and how frustrated will that person feel,even after spending more than 1.5 million bucks on his aspirations??. Its scary,very scary indeed.

bhvm

Honoured Member
do shoot a mail to Customer Care with your vin number to make sure if your slave cylinder is of new design or not. mine was updated this time.

Top Bottom