My Red Highway King: Mahindra XUV500 W8 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I took special permit (it cost me 700 rs inclusive of 400rs for the guide)to take my xuv along with a tourist guide,on all the 12 main tourist spots. But there was an exception.There is gypsy driver nexus/coccus,whatever you can call it,at the BEE- FALLS.I took the xuv there too,but for the last 800 meters or so they forced me on a gypsy,in the garb of written instructions at the entry point,allowing entry for only petrol driven vehicles.When I sat and traveled in the gypsy,I realized the utter nonsense they were putting up at us.That last 800m stretch was easily doable in my XUV.
So overall I covered 95-98% area on my xuv only.It was a peace of cake,mind you .Leave alone hardcore,it was just baby off roading at best.I bet most of the hatchbacks can cover 80% area easily.One just has to be mindful of large rocks on the way,otherwise sump can get damaged.There were some pretty steep inclines though,where I had to downshift to 2nd or 1st gear.
Like I told you, its just local policy+ gypsy driver lobby,creating an artificial scary atmosphere,for their own benefit,about the area as tough as rain forest challenge!!

Thread Starter #62

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
My XUV is due for second service.What I am puzzled about is the tak-tak sound coming from or near front shockers.What should I tell the SA about it.The reasons for the sound could be anything from bad bushes to front shockers gone kaput.Peculiarities about the sound are..
1) It is much more clear in the morning when its cold,and decreases as the day progresses and weather as well as the engine warms up.
2) its like the shocker is loose, around the top mounting point.Initially I suspected that only.But as warmth of the engine increased it vanished.On visual inspection the shocker mounts appear alright.
3) the sound is easily produced and reproduced if there is alternate rocking movement, ie one wheel(front ) on the pothole then it comes out and then the other wheel in the pothole,so the vehicle sways from side to side.
4)if both the wheels climb on a speed breaker,or go in a pothole at the same time the sound is not there,even if I do this in speed.The XUV crashes but the sound is not there.This last aspect puzzles me.[confused]
Requesting the eminent members to chip in their views. Kinshuk arya, suhaas. bhvm, sir, your views please.You people are far ahead of me in xuv experience.
IRON ROCK sir enlighten me with your wisdom, in this query.

My XUV is due for second service.What I am puzzled about is the tak-tak sound coming from or near front shockers.What should I tell the SA about it.The reasons for the sound could be anything from bad bushes to front shockers gone kaput.Peculiarities about the sound are..
1) It is much more clear in the morning when its cold,and decreases as the day progresses and weather as well as the engine warms up.
2) its like the shocker is loose, around the top mounting point.Initially I suspected that only.But as warmth of the engine increased it vanished.On visual inspection the shocker mounts appear alright.
3) the sound is easily produced and reproduced if there is alternate rocking movement, ie one wheel(front ) on the pothole then it comes out and then the other wheel in the pothole,so the vehicle sways from side to side.
4)if both the wheels climb on a speed breaker,or go in a pothole at the same time the sound is not there,even if I do this in speed.The XUV crashes but the sound is not there.This last aspect puzzles me.[confused]
Requesting the eminent members to chip in their views. Kinshuk arya, suhaas. bhvm, sir, your views please.You people are far ahead of me in xuv experience.
IRON ROCK sir enlighten me with your wisdom, in this query.
Most probably its the front stab bushes which are causing the issue, dont give your RM your analysis just tell him about the noise and get the test drive done. Tell him what you have found out after his analysis.

Thread Starter #64

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Happy Diwali to all forum members.Wish you all prosperity and happiness,on this festive occasion.Hope your rides always remain happy and reliable as well.
By the way my XUV celebrates Diwali everyday.Just have one look at the instrument cluster and you will understand what I mean.:biggrin:

Thread Starter #65

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Got my second service done.I was surprised when SA told me oil etc will not be changed,as mentioned in the manual.Khat khat sound is gone for good.It was actually loose shocker nut bolts as was initially suspected by me!! They retorqued all the nut bolts and the car is quieter now over uneven roads.Total bill came out to be 2500 rs.

Got my second service done.I was surprised when SA told me oil etc will not be changed,as mentioned in the manual.Khat khat sound is gone for good.It was actually loose shocker nut bolts as was initially suspected by me!! They retorqued all the nut bolts and the car is quieter now over uneven roads.Total bill came out to be 2500 rs.
Hi Mayan
I gave second service last saturday, it costed me 1472 Rs. i will list my first and second service experience in my thread shortly..

Thread Starter #67

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Actually my wiper blades were changed as they were making noise and were not cleaning well so cost of service increased.Air filter was also changed.

HI Do you have trouble with the first gear shift as well as reverse....i seem to be getting stuck everytime i switch to first gear. I recently bought a new XUV as well...less than 1000km on road.

Thanks

Thread Starter #72

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
First gear will not engage if the rpm is not low enough.Personally I feel it should be around 1000 or low to engage 1st gear.Be patient, gradually gears will bed in, and then it will be smoother.Same is the case with reverse gear.Try double clutch method , it will be easier.
Hi sandy, I have already posted in your thread.Paint grains on the roof similar to what you founded have been present on the roof of my xuv from day one. I found them only later.Dont let it bother you, because new paint job may not match the factory finish. Rust will not be a problem as the metal is not eroded and is intact . Don't try to buff it, as paint will surely come off.

Thread Starter #74

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thanks @kuku_k for your nice appreciation. I will not single out mahindra vehicles for rust problem. My m800 ritz and swift also suffered from rust. Max rusting problem was with m800. Compared to that xuv has been suffering less.

Hi mayandixit, we are planning to buy XUV but are confused between the colour. We love the red but all my family members say that there is a good chance of the red fading. Do you have any idea if this could happen? Please reply because I and my Father really love the Red and don't want it to fade once we buy it. Also is there even one mark which shows any sign of fading? Please do tell because we are on the verge of going for the white.

Top Bottom