My Red Highway King: XUV500 W8 Initial Ownership Review

Better use next time two part primer which can not removed after drying even with thinner so so strong. After the primer drys paint 2K auto paint this process is life time guaranty.

Thread Starter #347
Better use next time two part primer which can not removed after drying even with thinner so so strong. After the primer drys paint 2K auto paint this process is life time guaranty.
Thank you for your sincere advice.
Sirji what is 2 part primer, may I ask? Never heard of it.
And most important: Where/how can I buy it?

Last edited:
Dear brother, you can get any automotive paint mixing shop in your city. photos attached. You can see my hand soiled with paint I thought it will go with NC thinner. NC thinner unable to clean it then I tried special thinner no luck, went to home cleaned with hot water along with steel wool which is used to clean utensils along with vinegar no luck. Paint remained for one month even after that some paint on nails. So so strong. Red tube is ready mix putty. I will brief entire procedure soon.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #350
Went to the retail shop for engine oil for my XUV500. I was very surprised to see bucket of engine oil just like truck style.
This is the first time in my life I have purchased" bucket"of oil for my car. And it feels good and great and very much stylish.
I Feel like a truck owner, and it reminds me of all those tv advertisements of High mileage bharat petroleum engine oils etc in which a sardar ji is holding up a 15 litre bucket and praising the average of his truck.

Mahindra has changed the packing it seems. Note that this oil is made by Shell under licence from Mahindra.
IMG-20210920-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210920-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Surprisingly, no mention of grade anywhere.

Went to the retail shop for engine oil for my XUV500. I was very surprised to see bucket of engine oil just like truck style.
I Feel like a truck owner, and it reminds me of all those tv advertisements of High mileage bharat petroleum engine oils etc in which a sardar ji is holding up a 15 litre bucket and praising the average of his truck.
(ex) Mahindra dealer here was infamous for treating XUV owners and Maxitruck owners alike just like a commercial truck guy.[lol]

Note that this oil is made by Shell under licence from Mahindra.
Often times, it's the other way around. Mahindra guy goes to Shell and ask for their best OEM quality oil and custom label for bulk orders (like AliBaba) [:D]. At service centre, the barrel would read probably Shell Helix Ultra Professional or Rimula. All customer care contacts and manufacturing and marketing details mentioned on the bucket is Shell's only.

Thread Starter #352
Surprisingly, no mention of grade anywhere.
Yes, same case is with the plastic container packing. No mention anywhere no matter where you look!!
I don't know why they want to keep it a secret. I think they want exclusivity, and don't want the customer to read the specs and purchase the same from outside like Castrol etc. This was the exact reason I kept on sticking with Feo because I was not sure of the specs and didn't want to ruin my engine.
Its 15W40 BTW. Pretty thick oil. Considering todays norm of 5W30 in almost all diesel and many petrol cars, and 0w20,0w16 in Maruti petrols.

Last edited:
Yes, same case is with the plastic container packing. No mention anywhere no matter where you look!!
I don't know why they want to keep it a secret. I think they want exclusivity, and don't want the customer to read the specs and purchase the same from outside like Castrol etc. This was the exact reason I kept on sticking with Feo because I was not sure of the specs and didn't want to ruin my engine.
Its 15W40 BTW. Pretty thick oil. Considering todays norm of 5W30 in almost all diesel and many petrol cars, and 0w20,0w16 in Maruti petrols.
Maybe derived from chemical X [lol].

By grade, it's highly likely to be Shell Rimula. I used to ask for Scorpio oil to avoid unnecessary questions/debate at the shop [evil]

Top Bottom