My Red Arrow - Honda City V MT

Thread Starter #17
Congrats on the new ride [:)]

Did u check if they have provision for High security number plates in BLR?
Thanks Vamsuduk. Yes there is provision for HSRP and I have in fact installed HSRP plates only.

congratulations and welcome to the H! family, the car looks hot and ravishing. Head turner for sure. Splendid piece of machinery and my all time favorite. Love the color

happy miles ahead :)
Thanks Nitin. In fact I had shortlisted 2 colors, Urban Titanium and Carnelian Red Pearl, but the final choice was left to my wifey [:)] and she selected Carnelian Red.

Congrats on your Honda City Carhead.This Car is beauty to drive because of its 118 HP I-VTEC Engine.FE is also a plus point for Honda City.
Thanks Music_Swift. Do agree its a rare combination of power and FE...

Thread Starter #18
What kind of discounts, freebies did you get from your dealership? what was the On road price?
Wanted to check whether you got any discount?
Freebies - Reverse Parking Sensors, Floor mats, Ganesha Idol and Chocolate Box.
On-Road Price - 11.01 Lacs
Got 20K Cash discount and free insurance (Honda Assure) from the dealer. Final On Road Price - 10.54 lacs (after all the discounts mentioned).

Hmm, what a car it is !!

congrats Carhead for your most successful and reliable Sedan in India, the Honda City

This is one on my dream list since long time, but things stop me owning one is Budget, Petrol one, a hatch is always easy driving in the city traffic[:)]

I wish many more happy miles with it !! Do not forget to keep updating the thread

Thread Starter #20
Hmm, what a car it is !!

congrats Carhead for your most successful and reliable Sedan in India, the Honda City

This is one on my dream list since long time, but things stop me owning one is Budget, Petrol one, a hatch is always easy driving in the city traffic[:)]

I wish many more happy miles with it !! Do not forget to keep updating the thread
Thanks Gurrala. Well to be honest even I had second thoughts on whether I would be able manage a Sedan when all these years I have driven a hatchback and that too a Santro which is a breeze in city condtions; squeezing in and out wherever you want.. But after a week's experience with the Honda City I no longer have these thoughts.. Believe me the City is a breeze as well in B2B traffic conditions with its nippy steering, small turning radius (5.3m), plus the loads of power on tap..[:)]

Thread Starter #21
Am planning to install a good GPS device with bluetooth capability as well. Would be great if you can share some suggestions here..

Excellent choice and superb colour Carhead. It is a brilliant car and was my first preference. But I wanted a diesel car and bought New Fiesta.

Thread Starter #27
Excellent choice and superb colour Carhead. It is a brilliant car and was my first preference. But I wanted a diesel car and bought New Fiesta.
Thanks Harish and hope you are enjoying the New Fiesta.. BTW which variant and shade did you choose? Is there an ownership thread?

Many congratulations on buying arguably the best petrol sedan. The colour looks brilliant. Wishing you many happy and safe miles with her.
Your buying experience is quite similar to mine. I too had a santro which had served me well but I had to upgrade to a sedan and ended up with a city.
I think you got a pretty good deal in terms of discounts and free accessories. My city is now 2 months old and has done 1800 kms. It is an amazing car to drive in city. I have getting a mileage of close to 15kmpl with the last trip of 450 kms yielding 15.7kmpl which had 80kms of highway

Thread Starter #29
Many congratulations on buying arguably the best petrol sedan. The colour looks brilliant. Wishing you many happy and safe miles with her.
Your buying experience is quite similar to mine. I too had a santro which had served me well but I had to upgrade to a sedan and ended up with a city.
I think you got a pretty good deal in terms of discounts and free accessories. My city is now 2 months old and has done 1800 kms. It is an amazing car to drive in city. I have getting a mileage of close to 15kmpl with the last trip of 450 kms yielding 15.7kmpl which had 80kms of highway
Thanks Hakki, good to know that you are also a City owner. Couple of minor observations in my last 10 days of ownership
1) At times I find it little difficult to slot to the 2nd gear.
2) AC switch gets heated after sometime of usage.
Did you experience the same?
You did any modifications or additions (like GPS, reverse parking camera etc) to the City?

Thanks Hakki, good to know that you are also a City owner. Couple of minor observations in my last 10 days of ownership
1) At times I find it little difficult to slot to the 2nd gear.

2) AC switch gets heated after sometime of usage.

Did you experience the same?
You did any modifications or additions (like GPS, reverse parking camera etc) to the City?
1)I too have had same difficulty when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd even though the clutch is fully engaged. Got the stuff lubricated during 1st service. Though the situation has improved it has not vanished [confused] The Service Advisor told me that this is a very common problem and will disappear after a running of around 5000kms.

2) I too have observed this. Infact i find the same with rear defogger as well.

3) I have added reverse parking camera from the dealership during delivery. I was interested in getting Security with keyless entry (mine is EMT which does not keyless entry). But the Sales Manager/Advisor asked me not to do this since it involves wire cutting which will void the electrical warranty. Hence i do not intend to add anything until the car is 4yrs old [:)]

Top Bottom