My PULSARmania...from 200 to 220.

Thread Starter #17
Pulsar is 'definately male'. Why you ppl say him as her ???? Congratulations Vipul. Have a safe ride :)

Happy Pulsating :)
Thanks buddy,I am really enjoying the bike and in fact it has got a fantastic exhaust note.Just shift down to first and open the throttle.It moves forward like a road rocket and people looking here and there to find what was that on hearing the loud exhaust note.
It looks like you are also a 220cc guy,right?

Since it is a used bike so I have got some minor issues too as a free accessory with the bike.Will post them too soon after making a list and taking the pics.

Thank you bro.

No bro, i recently got my P180 delivered. I had booked P220 a month ago and as bookings were so much, delivery would take an extra month. So i opted P180 as All pulsars have good pickup at their range. My dream bike is always pulsar 220F. Yes its sound and pickup is awesome and not only P220, if any pulsar moves ppl will surely look at it and say wow :) :)

Enjoy the safe P220 ride :)

Happy Pulsating :)

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/6726-buying-bajaj-pulsar-220f-need-help.html is my post and I have uploaded my P180 bike pics
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #19
Thank you bro.

No bro, i recently got my P180 delivered. I had booked P220 a month ago and as bookings were so much, delivery would take an extra month. So i opted P180 as All pulsars have good pickup at their range. My dream bike is always pulsar 220F. Yes its sound and pickup is awesome and not only P220, if any pulsar moves ppl will surely look at it and say wow :) :)

Enjoy the safe P220 ride :)

Happy Pulsating
Well congrats buddy for the bike,180 is also a great bike,in fact it has got better power delivery than the 200(my bike before 220).Still,I hope you won't feel bad but you have made somewhere a wrong decision of not waiting for your 220.Why?When you had waited for one month then why not one more,at last you could have got the 220,in other words you lost 40cc,both dis brakes,better handling,projector light,oil cooled engine and at last an FE which is nearly same as of your 180 only because you was not willing to wait for some more days...
If you wasn't ready to wait then why not a used bike,220's make good deals in used bike market and a mint bike could be easily available for not more than 50k..
Still,happy mile munching and again congrats for the 180,its styling is a true head turner.

Will surely check them out..

Thread Starter #20
Since its a used bike and hence as we say "MINOR ISSUES COME HANDY WITH USED VEHICLES",So here are some of them(These pics were taken at the time of delivery.All issues rectified now,bike still resting in service station as I am in short of free time):

Attachments

Thread Starter #22
Why do you like P220 over Karizma ZMR ?
Oh dear,you asked such an easy question.Okay here is my answer:-
1):220 has got projector.
2):Its faster.
3):It accelerates better.
4):Better pulling.
5):Pulsar's exhaust note.
6):It gives good FE.
7):I couldn't have got a ZMR for 50k.
8):Most importantly:My father liked its design,seating position and he liked riding it too(GF liked ZMR but father has higher priority).

Good Decision. Father always should be given a greater priority !! Thank you for your wishes... As I am still studying i will be using this bike till i complete my graduation. After that if P220 is still hitting the road, i will go for it or else will go for new pulsar which is hitting the road at that time :)

Happy Pulsating !!! :)

Thread Starter #24
Well guys the 220 is idling for a long time but now I am feeling of adding some jhol-jugaad to it.
So here are a few questions:-
  • Is it possible to get any kind of DRLs for the bike which can be fitted in the parking lights?
  • HID-haha,I want it.220 has projector for the low beam and jugaad for the high beam so should I get HIDs for both?In other words will a kit for car work or there will be something totally different for 220?
  • It is showing a typical Pulsar characteristic now a days,that is of getting the chain loosened itself(cousin brother uses it sometimes).So is it advisable to buy a custo made alloy swing arm for 220?Some guys have got it installed on their 220s and are givign positive feedback about it.

Thread Starter #25
Hello guys, a suggestion needed:

The RVMs of 220 are at least 50% useless because 50% of them covers rider only and rest 50% cover the road but due to excessive vibrations they are also nearly useless.
Can anyone guide me any way to either get the RVMs fitted on handle or get the RVMs vibe free by applying some jhol-jugaad?

Thread Starter #28
vipul rtr mirrors fit them and they are longer.i think you will have to do some juggad.
Thanks for your reply buddy, I haven't got you completely though!!:stupid:
You mean to say that RTR mirrors can be fitted on the fairing or on the handle? If it's on fairing then how?

Buy a set of Allen key and keep it in bike only as std tool. My bil does same for his ZMR as he always faces the loose RVM
My buddy the mirror is not loose, instead it's the fairing which has slight vibrations and hence the mirrors vibrate even badly. They are small, they cover less and adding to pain is the fact that they vibrate too!![frustration]

apache mirrors can be fitted in the place of default mirrors.i guess a little juggad needs to be done.try googling the same.
i shall send a pm to you soon.

rear brakes

I feel that the rear brakes on the 220 is almost non existent, or is it just me and tsvipul please post some pics of yr beast

Top Bottom