My Precious Blue Diamond: Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT D

Thread Starter #271
Blue Diamond was busy during 12 - 15 Feb 2021. On 12/13 Feb, Blue Di brought us from Chennai to Bangalore. On 15/02, Blue Di drove us Bangalore>Mysore>Bangalore via Bellur>Nagamangala due to road works in progress on the shortest 4-lane Bangalore>Mysore SH.
1613784651840.jpg

ChennaiBangaloreMysoreBangalore.jpg

I affixed white radium sticker on the RHS to hide some scratches - got them due to my carelessness - and on the LHS to maintain symmetry. [sad] [cry]
1613959110952.jpg

1613959110948.jpg

Thread Starter #272
BLUE DIAMOND GETS TPMS

Today, I received TPMS from amazon, costing ₹ 2,799. Installation was very easy and completed within 5 minutes. Both the pressures and the temperatures displayed are fairly accurate. I remembered the good old days of my erstwhile XUV 5OO, which had TPMS. During one Bangalore>Chennai night drive, I was warned of the puncture in time that enabled me to steer the vehicle to the side of the highway safely. Anyway, it is always better late than never to have this essential safety device on Blue Diamond. I will ask my son to get one for his Harrier too. Pity, Harrier's many variants have panoramic sunroof, but not TPMS!
1614940402294.jpg
1614940402291.jpg
1614940402286.jpg
1614940402279.jpg

These particular TPMS has host of issues. It was highlighted on the forum by I guess @AG or some longtime member.
Do you have that post handy?

I went by the good rating and reviews of amazon. Anyway, let me experience this gadget.
I am interested to get TPMS for my new Nexon. Is there any app where you can look at reading and avoid fixing of MID? :-D

Anyone has long term of review of product and on it's battery life?

Thread Starter #276
it's battery life?
I have been checking TPMS readings regularly on my Nexon parked inside the shed. Even now, it is fully charged, as per the battery icon displayed; apart from the initial charging, it solely survives on solar power. The pressure readings remain unchanged from the day 1. The temperature readings change, whenever I check. The TPMS display comes to life, whenever I open the door. It goes off in a couple of minutes, if there is no movement. So far, so good. [:)] [:D]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Do you have that post handy?
Could'nt find it. It was an Old post.

The crux being these kinds of TPMS will hold the Default air valves open and the entire air pressure is held in just by the sensor. If sensor fails, the entire tyre deflates like a fast puncture. Also, these are a chore if you need to top up the air or Manually check it.

Its recommended to get Internal TPMS which sit inside the Rim like they come by Default with Cars.

Could'nt find it. It was an Old post.

The crux being these kinds of TPMS will hold the Default air valves open and the entire air pressure is held in just by the sensor. If sensor fails, the entire tyre deflates like a fast puncture. Also, these are a chore if you need to top up the air or Manually check it.

Its recommended to get Internal TPMS which sit inside the Rim like they come by Default with Cars.
Thanks. Yes, Nexon Optional variant comes with TPMS however I have to settle down with XZ+ due to budget constraint hence looking for after mark Internal TPMS. I found SensAiry, pricey and huge difference between Skyshop. May be SensAiry charge more due to app.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Installation of sensors is possible. But how can it be paired with the infotainment screen of car like the top model? You want the display there,right?
I dont think that will be easy.

BLUE DIAMOND GETS TPMS

Today, I received TPMS from amazon, costing ₹ 2,799. Installation was very easy and completed within 5 minutes. Both the pressures and the temperatures displayed are fairly accurate. I remembered the good old days of my erstwhile XUV 5OO, which had TPMS. During one Bangalore>Chennai night drive, I was warned of the puncture in time that enabled me to steer the vehicle to the side of the highway safely. Anyway, it is always better late than never to have this essential safety device on Blue Diamond. I will ask my son to get one for his Harrier too. Pity, Harrier's many variants have panoramic sunroof, but not TPMS!
View attachment 285383 View attachment 285384 View attachment 285385 View attachment 285386
Planning to buy internal sensor. Any idea if need any tool to remove before filling air or it would be just fill n go?

Thread Starter #283
Planning to buy internal sensor. Any idea if need any tool to remove before filling air or it would be just fill n go?
For internal sensor, you don't have to remove them; it is just inflate and go in the usual way. The external sensors can be removed by hand. However, if the check nut is tight, they have given a small spanner to loosen it.

Thread Starter #285
In this case, they;ll get stolen.
Since my Nexon is parked inside the shed at home, I am prepared to take that risk.
Some have Anti Theft Spanner, when tightened, its a chore to undo them for every top up.
Since I check and inflate the tyres at home always using my own inflator and pressure gauge, I can remove and fit them again without any issues. I too got that anti-theft nut spanner with the TPMS. I decided in favour of the external sensor since I wanted to avoid going to a tyre shop for fixing, recalibrate during tyre rotation and battery replacement. All I wanted was, timely warning in case of a tyre burst or puncture. I don't mind approximate pressure values as I always check using my pressure gauge.

Top Bottom