My Pre-Owned Tata Safari 3.0 - Ownership Review

Sure Sam, will get it done. But what should I tell the SA to check for, just the engine compression? Or is it called something else?
Just tell him to check the engine compression.
Your air direction control knob/mechanism is gone for toss. Get it checked, the cable which runs the mechanism of changing air direction might have stuck. Else Blower is at fault.
Thats exactly what you need to do Sudhanshu.

Your air direction control knob/mechanism is gone for toss. Get it checked, the cable which runs the mechanism of changing air direction might have stuck. Else Blower is at fault.
just asking can i do something to make sure air direction knob work only two area windshield and passenger air . look mine direction changer is damaged was thinking some kind of jugaar :P

just asking can i do something to make sure air direction knob work only two area windshield and passenger air . look mine direction changer is damaged was thinking some kind of jugaar :P
'Passenger air' and windshield directions are at extreme ends of the selector knob, so a jugaad may not work; but as long as you are in Hindustan, any kind of jugaad may be possible.

Off topic: How is your Gypsy? Long time since you updated your thread after that shocking Rs 3xxxx repair estimate.

i was thinking jugaad where moving to left and right it changes direction .

OFF Topic : its sold . final bill was around 45k :/ dam expensive . so understood one thing that thing is expensive to maintain compare to safari

Hi Umalkars. Great thread and congrats on completion of 2 lakh kms. What was the outcome of the loud noise from the air blower?

This thread is really interesting with all the fine details it has got. Stuck with this thread for almost hrs -I bumped on it looking for a good TASS in around viman nagar/ hadapsar in Pune. I stay at Lohegaon and concord is too far in WAKAD (freinds in bangalore suggested to use only concorde as its relaible and I have sticked to it so far). I did couple of roundtrips to their wakad service center, but it becomes too tiresome and I end up taking a day OFF from office!! Do not rely on pick/up drop facility. Any suggestion guys, about TASS which can do the work in presence or atleast is relaible and a near to magarpatta/vimannagar? Some one suggested sri automobile in hadapsar industrial area, or, any experience with national automobiles hadapsar?

Thread Starter #322
Sorry guys, was too busy with project release for a last couple of months.

@ckp005 A simple lesson that I learnt - wherever you service your vehicle, just be specific about what you want to be done.

@Ani191 Thanks. About loud noise from blower, yet to do something about it. The AC is cool but just that the blower is not upto the mark. Did not get time to visit a workshop to check for engine compression as well.

Nothing much on Safari front. No issues, no long drives recently. Need to highlight one thing - its still running very smooth, no noises from doors, etc. Mentioning this as I was asked about this earlier, when I bought the vehicle.

Monsoon has begun, so will be going for a lot of rain drives around Pune. Will keep posting the details.

Thread Starter #323
Got some issue today morning with central locking. When I tried to open using a remote, it just did not open. Had to manually open a door, but seems central locking itself is not working. Battery is good as I could start the vehicle. I suspect that its not getting the required power supply. Not sure if there's any fuse involved here.

Any pointers to what I can check before I take it to the workshop? Thanks.

Check the fuse for the central locking near the battery.

Also if you open driver side lock, are the other locks getting opened ?
If its getting opened then your remote battery is gone down.

Thread Starter #325
Check the fuse for the central locking near the battery.
Thanks, but how does it look like? I do see one fuse, looking like a register, connected to battery terminal directly. Is that the one you are talking about? Or is it like a normal fuse that we use similar to 10A, 20A, etc?

By the way, other doors are NOT getting unlocked when I open driver side lock. So I guess remote is Ok.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #326
Problem fixed, the wire at the battery terminal had come off. Put it back and all is well now.

All set for a long drive today evening. Going to Shegaon, then Tuljapur and should be back in Pune by Sunday evening. I guess it should be around 1200+km journey.

Thread Starter #327
AND, back from another "short and sweet" trip.

Experience:
With two powerful 6" Neolites (did not use the yellow ones) there was hardly an issue about visibility in the night. With big tyres and correct(?) tyre pressure (35psi) I never felt I was driving on Indian roads; it was a very smooth ride for almost 95% of my journey. Do accept that there was some (considerable) discomfort while traveling from Shegaon to Tuljapur (day time), and this was due to (very) poor and old AC. Got an average (mileage) of about 12.5+ km/ltr with AC (all the time). Temperature needle never crossed the half-way mark. And as always, "Check Engine" indicator accompanied me all the time!

Overall, it was an another memorable journey in my GREAT Safari. My wife and daughter enjoyed it too !!

Drive:
Started from Pune at 8.30pm day before (Friday, June 26), reached Shegaon around 5am yesterday (Saturday, June 27). Started from Shegaon again at 12.30pm and reached Tuljapur at around 9pm. Started from Tuljapur at 10pm and reached Pune (Home Sweet Home) today at 3 in the morning.

Distance:
Pune - Shegaon: 465km (8 and half hours) - 2 tea breaks
Shegaon - Tuljapur: 406km (8 and half hours) - 2 tea breaks
Tuljapur - Pune: 309km (5 hours) - NO break
TOTAL: 1180 km in less than 32 hours - guess its not bad !!

Route:
Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Deulgaonraja - Chikhali - Khamgaon - Shegaon
Shegaon - Khamgaon - Chikhali - Deulgaonraja - Jalna - Ambad - Beed - Osmanabad - Tuljapur
Tuljapur - Solapur - Mohol - Tembhurni - Indapur - Bhigwan - Patas - Pune

Roads between Jalna - Deulgaonraja and Jalna - Ambad are not THAT good.

Further plans:
- finally, planning to replace EGR valve and get rid of "Check Engine" indicator
- do something about AC, wondering if I should change the compressor or fit in a new roof top AC (suggestion guys?)

Last edited:
Safari is always a awesome SUV I love to drive it ....
I recently buyed a 3.0 lx its awesome in power and everything .
But when I accelerate more why black smoke is coming out....

Top Bottom