My Pre-Owned Tata Safari 3.0 - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #346
Hi everyone, pls help me my tata safari dicore 3.0 when we start the engine no response to the acceleration I need to put first gear and jerk then accelerator work normal or I need to restart the car I don’t know what problem
Car is 2006 model dicore 3.0, meter reds is 106500kilometers
I had a similar problem when I bought my Safari, same model and same year. Somehow it just went away after one of the services, I just did nothing for it.

Here's something you may like to try .. keep the engine running (idling) for 4-5 minutes and it often just works. Of course, finding the root cause and fixing it is the desired action.

Thread Starter #347
Seems I have a serious wiring problem. When I turn on the ignition, the battery indicator does not turn on. Also, if I start the engine, even the RPM gauge does not work, and the battery indicator is dimly blinking. A few days back, the RPM would work if I step on accelerator in neutral, but now even that doesn't seem to work.

I guess it's due to loose connection. Any idea where I can check? Somebody told me that the RPM gauge indicator wire and the battery indicator wire come out from the same connector. But I am unable to locate that connector. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Starter #350
Now here's the good news.

The issue was with the alternator. And after fixing the issue, multiple other issues also got fixed like ..
- erratic idling and acceleration
- check-engine lamp (which was ON for last 50+k km.)

Thread Starter #351
And back from another memorable trip to Nandurbar, had been there for son's skating competition.

Started around 11.15pm on Thursday (Jan 5th) and reached Nandurbar around 7am next day.
While returning, started around 3.30pm on Wednesday (Jan 11th) and reached Pune around 12.30 in the night. One way distance was around 500 km.

The route taken was Pune - Nashik - Dhule - Nandurbar and the same while returning back. Except for a few patches in between Pune and Nashik, and final 50-60 km near Nandurbar, the road was really good; cruising between 90-110 kph. Got an mileage of 12.5+ kmpl as it was mostly highway driving.

Replaced the following prior to the journey:
- a set of rear tyres (Bridgestone Dueler) costing around 14k
- battery (Amaron) around 5.5k; the earlier one lasted 4+ years without any issue
- engine and compressor belts

Overall, it was certainly a drive to remember and thanks to my Safari - still as strong as ever even after 2.17+ lac km.

Attachments

Thread Starter #352
Getting ready for another long drive from Pune to Tadoba next month. It would be pretty hot there so searching for different ways to keep the vehicle cool inside. Of course, the AC is good, but the blowers are not that effective. The air pipes under the dashboard are worn out hence the air flow is badly affected.

Checking out for portable fans / blowers that I may use during the journey.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Getting ready for another long drive from Pune to Tadoba next month. It would be pretty hot there so searching for different ways to keep the vehicle cool inside. Of course, the AC is good, but the blowers are not that effective. The air pipes under the dashboard are worn out hence the air flow is badly affected.

Checking out for portable fans / blowers that I may use during the journey.
there are USB powered portable fans that can be used with mobile chargers.

Thread Starter #354
A simple question .. does Safari have AC (air) filter? If yes, where is it located? Just wondering if it's choked up and affecting the airflow?

BTW, got Safari serviced yesterday, replaced engine oil, gear oil, differential oil, air filter, and coolant as well. Went for Shell engine oil (semi-synthetic) this time, let's see how it performs.

Will get wheel alignment done before the journey.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
has the air flow gone down over the years or it's pathetic due to summers currently?

I guess some AC servicing will help.

Thread Starter #358
has the air flow gone down over the years or it's pathetic due to summers currently?

I guess some AC servicing will help.
It's gone down over the years. As you suggested, AC servicing might help.

Just moving ahead with existing flow as I am traveling today evening. May be, will get this checked once back.

bhvm

Honoured Member
There are a few pointers at how the air flow may go down over the years-
1. Accumulation of Muck/Leaves/dust at the AC air intake location. This is usually under the front wipers for most cars.
2. Build up of Carbon in Fan motor brushes or Gumming of Fan motor bearings, Slowing it down.
3. Carbon Build up at fuse box or Fuse terminals respective of AC & Fan.
4. Accumulation of dust on Fan blades
5. Accumulation of Dust inside fan ducting (High possibility as Safari does not have cabin filter)
6. Dislocation or Misalignment of Fan ducting/ Ducting joints which is routed under the dashboard (will have very high impact on air flow & Cooling)
7. Old age or Partial short of Fan motor, Causing it to spin slower or jammed.
8. Carbon at Fan speed controller (Blower speed switch).

Thread Starter #360
There are a few pointers at how the air flow may go down over the years-
1. Accumulation of Muck/Leaves/dust at the AC air intake location. This is usually under the front wipers for most cars.
2. Build up of Carbon in Fan motor brushes or Gumming of Fan motor bearings, Slowing it down.
3. Carbon Build up at fuse box or Fuse terminals respective of AC & Fan.
4. Accumulation of dust on Fan blades
5. Accumulation of Dust inside fan ducting (High possibility as Safari does not have cabin filter)
6. Dislocation or Misalignment of Fan ducting/ Ducting joints which is routed under the dashboard (will have very high impact on air flow & Cooling)
7. Old age or Partial short of Fan motor, Causing it to spin slower or jammed.
8. Carbon at Fan speed controller (Blower speed switch).
Thanks, these are good pointers, will check.

Top Bottom