My Pre-Owned Tata Safari 3.0 - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #302
Gave the vehicle for servicing at Pandit Auto workshop (Bhosari) yesterday. Apart from regular servicing, there's steering box over-hauling (to reduce the play) and changing the AC knobs panel. The estimation is 30-35K and expecting the vehicle by Wednesday.

Visiting Gotan (Rajasthan) next month hence making sure that the Safari is in good condition.

Thread Starter #304
Please find attached the estimation. Now its crossed Rs.50K as I am replacing steering gear box :(
Also, the splinters (something related to brakes - rear side) are gone, getting new ones, and the rear suspension bushes.

Attachments

Last edited:
Just was wondering if you kept a log of expenses (maintenance) on your Safari since you bought it. I would like to see the total and break up.

Also the number of kms you ran on it, so you can get maintenance cost/km in long run for used Safari.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #306
Didn't really maintain a detailed log but will try to dig the info and put it here. Hopefully, it doesn't discourage anybody from owning this beautiful vehicle. Most of the time it's a heavy bill :)

Thread Starter #307
Finally, will be traveling to Gotan (Rajasthan) tomorrow evening. Planning to start at around 9pm and take a night halt at either Udaipur (~850km) or Jodhpur (~1100km) on Monday, and travel to Gotan next day (Tuesday).

Got the vehicle serviced recently, as mentioned above. Got a new steering gear box also, there is no play in steering any more, but the steering is not very smooth as expected. Not sure if that will happen after I travel a few 100 km. Any suggestions from anybody?

Just hoping that I have another beautiful and memorable journey with my Safari.

Just a couple of quick question, if anybody can answer them-

1. earlier the temperature needle never crossed 30-40% mark of the gauge, but after replacing the radiator fan last year, it touches half mark and stays there. No issues faced so far, must have traveled more than 10k after that with AC on. Was wondering if it has anything to do with some setting or some sensor?

2. get to see some vapors (?? don't think its a gas) coming out of AC blowers intermittently. When checked with SA, he said that probably its getting too cold and you may switch off the AC momentarily and start again. Could this be due to faulty AC cut-off switch? What else could be the reason?

Last edited:
1. earlier the temperature needle never crossed 30-40% mark of the gauge, but after replacing the radiator fan last year, it touches half mark and stays there. No issues faced so far, must have traveled more than 10k after that with AC on. Was wondering if it has anything to do with some setting or some sensor?
Its perfect (rare phrase in a Safari thread:lol!:). No sweat.

2. get to see some vapors (?? don't think its a gas) coming out of AC blowers intermittently. When checked with SA, he said that probably its getting too cold and you may switch off the AC momentarily and start again. Could this be due to faulty AC cut-off switch? What else could be the reason?
I have seen it happen to few Safaris. May be happening because of moisture or condensation in the AC duct. I do not think it should be a cause of worry unless the vapour is accompanied by some foul smell.

Thread Starter #309
Thanks @Sam.

Had a cool journey traveling from Pune to Gotan. Started from Pune at around 11pm (on Sunday Oct 12th) and reached Jodhpur next day at around 6pm. Had a halt there for a night and then traveled to Gotan (around 90km) next day.

The route: Pune - Mumbai - Surat - Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Mota Ambaji - Pali - Jodhpur - Gotan --- around 1200 km. Almost 1000+km was 4/6 lane road.

As always, the Safari was at its best, no issues whatsoever, got an mileage of 13+km with AC. The Neolite auxiliary lights were wonderful at night.

Most probably, will be traveling back to Pune on Saturday (18th) evening.

Just asking did you got your P0400 error fixed ? Today I got engine light checked it found it has same error as your also I don't have any excess black smoke only when sudden accerlation that too very little

Thread Starter #311
Nope, still continuing with that light on, and fortunately no issue faced till date.

In October last year, had been to Rajasthan again with my son, drove from Pune to Jodhpur non-stop. Even while coming back, it was a non-stop drive from Gotan (Rajasthan) to Pune, around 1200+ km in 22 hours, and no issues whatsoever. "Non-stop" here certainly includes halts for refreshments :)

By the way, I have completed 2 lacs km. on odometer last month, and its still doing great.

Attachments

Thread Starter #314
Can somebody please suggest something about this? The air flow from the blower is very less though it makes a lot of noise as if the fan is rotating really fast. What could be the reason or what do I need to check?

Can somebody please suggest something about this? The air flow from the blower is very less though it makes a lot of noise as if the fan is rotating really fast. What could be the reason or what do I need to check?
Your air direction control knob/mechanism is gone for toss. Get it checked, the cable which runs the mechanism of changing air direction might have stuck. Else Blower is at fault.

Top Bottom