My Pre-Owned Honda City SMT (2010) – The Golden Pixie

Thread Starter #16
@Drbeat
wow! these exterior mods looks elegant. Love that H logo on steering wheel.
I searched online for door visors with chrome/ss lining. But could only find for 4th gen Honda city. Can you please tell where you purchased/ordered these accessories. Regarding the MSword mod list, i have PM'ed you a little ago. Congrats for your ride.[cheers]

@Akash1886
Thank you bud. Your words are true. City is really a hassle free car to own and drive. Went through older service records completely, apart from general services no major parts were replaced yet.
Occasional have become very rare occasional for me,.after getting used to M800, i used to take bumps and pot holes very slow even in swift. Now its continuing to be the same.On road Pixie glides nice and gentle with minimal scrapes. Also like fellow mate ManasN said in his thread Almira 'I am deaf (obviously not)', Only during hospital visits for the newborn its being very hard time.....i think the one who designed bump in entrance was from Top gear. One day i saw a guy in baleno struggling while exiting.

Thread Starter #18
Thanks for sharing your car pics here buddy. I have read your threads and modifications in both forums. 'The pace car' in team Bhp. Every time i search for modified Honda city ivtec your car pops in the front page. love how much of black is being used in your car. The amount of love and care you had for your car is reflected in these pictures.
That's the only memories I am now left with of that car.
I understand your Feeling. I felt the same way when I missed my RTR 200(for few months though), after so much of love and care.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have read your threads and modifications in both forums. 'The pace car' ......
Customizing this particular car was a experience / a journey in itself. It took lot of time and effort to understand the difference between subtlety and monstrosity w.r.t modifications and customization. I took criticism and appreciation in same stride and tried to improve. I was really impressed with a Black Skoda Octavia down south which used to have a PACE CAR sticker. That car still for me holds as the epitome of graceful yet powerful modification. You know, TAI for me holds so much of respect because it is this forum where I actually enjoyed the freedom of expressing my thoughts & love for my earlier cars in the way I wanted to without the hindrance of being red-flagged for grammar, punctuation etc. This forum gave me the freedom which I always looked for. One should always seek to live and fulfill their passion with utmost freedom.

Every time i search for modified Honda city ivtec your car pops in the front page. love how much of black is being used in your car. The amount of love and care you had for your car is reflected in these pictures.
Perhaps that is the only way now the car shall be remembered. Being an ex-owner, I must say, this car always made me smile and there were positive vibes with it. Selling it was the toughest decision for my family but finally we let her go in 2018. But, with due honesty I would like to say, the car which I presently own (Nexon Diesel), inspite of being a higher variant and a C-SUV, in my heart, Nexon still couldn't make a place in comparison to my Ex-CITY. I still can't love the Nexon the way I loved the CITY until it was sold off. I to this day repent and feel sorry about selling off that car.

I understand your Feeling. after so much of love and care.
Words often fall short to describe the cars that one sells off due to various reasons and the fact is, one understands the value of a good thing only when it goes away from the life and never returns. I know I won't ever be able to see this car again but as an ex-owner, I wish where ever it may be, it stays in good shape and is taken good care of. It used to be my mom's car so it was all the more emotionally close to my heart.

Regards
Akash

@Drbeat
wow! these exterior mods looks elegant. Love that H logo on steering wheel.
I searched online for door visors with chrome/ss lining. But could only find for 4th gen Honda city. Can you please tell where you purchased/ordered these accessories.
thank you

Actually, that was bought from Amazon. Here’s the link
EMPICA Rain Wind Door Visor Side Window Deflector [Chrome Lining ] for Honda City IVTEC https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07WPKK4R5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_4ddfFb863EW0T

there’s another option that you can try. but normal visors, then stuck there chrome strips over it. Simple.
The chrome strips is easily available in amazon/Flipkart
Like this one: GOLSM Car Side Window Door Beading Beading Roll Size 15mm Meter 10 Chrome for Honda City Type 4 (2009-2014) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07G71X9QN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qgdfFbJD5V9S3

This shark fin antenna is also excellent in quality. The antenna is powerful & as good as the original one
Kozdiko White Shark Fin Signal Receiver Antenna for - Honda City Ivtec https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01675WIS8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9gdfFbZ4W1GF5

Sheer Nostalgia my bud[cheers]. How are you managing the occasional ground clearance issues and the headlight throw at night?
To be frank, I never really felt that the headlight is that weak though it’s not the very powerful one

Thread Starter #21
Thanks brother, i remember EMPICA was not available at that time. Oshotto and EPMICA were out of stock at that time. Good to see it available back. So, now i should check on other items that were not available at that time[think]

Thanks for the tip about the chrome strips. I was a little confused about adding chrome or gloss black to enhance the looks of the car. Have anyone come across blacked out roof in bold beige city. Will it look odd or can we add few more black like in front grill, dickey chrome, wheel caps. Will it destroy the looks?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Thanks for the tip about the chrome strips. I was a little confused about adding chrome or gloss black to enhance the looks of the car. Have anyone come across blacked out roof in bold beige city. Will it look odd or can we add few more black like in front grill, dickey chrome, wheel caps. Will it destroy the looks?
There is one in my neighborhood. Typically modded as the one you are planning for. Let me tell you, it won't look as good. Beige and Black won't gel as good even in contrast. Instead suggest you to look for a good wrapping shop which has got the 'Brush Titanium' wrap. That will go well with the car.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #23
Happy weekend to all
Let me tell you, it won't look as good. Beige and Black won't gel as good even in contrast. Instead suggest you to look for a good wrapping shop which has got the 'Brush Titanium' wrap.
Akash
Thank you for your suggestion brother. The brushed Titanium will be a great choice for the city. I'm looking to slightly jack up the looks of the car. When the paint gets attrited or maybe when i get bored of the Bold beige would do wrap the car. Also I'm restricted to a budget of Rs.30K for now. The wrap would take a toll on that budget.

Wish everyone safe from virus
Regards
Austin

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Happy weekend to all

Thank you for your suggestion brother. The brushed Titanium will be a great choice for the city. I'm looking to slightly jack up the looks of the car. When the paint gets attrited or maybe when i get bored of the Bold beige would do wrap the car. Also I'm restricted to a budget of Rs.30K for now. The wrap would take a toll on that budget.
Bro, It is not necessary for the entire car to be wrapped. You may use brush titanium wrap on the roof and hood & boot. It won't cost you more than 10K if done from a good wrap shop. If you go through 3M then maybe a 3-5K more so all in all won't be more than 10-15K of expense.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #25
Is there a better way to avoid expensive repairs to our Honda key?

Car Key cover

Car key casings are not impervious to damage because they are susceptible to damage and wear over time. It is hard to have a correct set of keys with the original automaker's logo stamped on them in mint condition for a very long time. After a duo encounter with my relatives cars when the fob got damaged leading to successive issues while locking/unlocking the car, I started searching communities and threads to save my key from getting damaged.
After surfing through the shopping sites and reviews my search ended at amazon with a good looking textured silicone cover – Key-care silicone Honda 2 button cover at Rs.300. Ordered it on the d-day of car. The product came in two days in nice packing with a card and pamphlet. The quality was very nice, fit was perfect. No issues, no smell or no fading after 5 months of usage.

Advantages
  • easy to fit around the key
  • Feels good in hand
  • buttons can be used freely
  • Prevents dirt and scratches
  • won’t have to worry about accidentally dropping the key
  • the signals are not disturbed in any way
  • Material looks reliable
  • eye catcher if we choose from the different colored silicone/leather covers
  • available from a range of Rs100-600

Limitations
  • In some cases, lock unlock symbols fades away quickly
  • Will keep its condition best if we don't carry it in our trouser pocket
  • doen't display a logo instead there is a cut-out which reveals the original logo on the key

Materials available
  1. Plastic
  2. Silicone
  3. Leather

Key1.JPG Key2.JPG

Is there a better way to avoid expensive repairs to our Honda key?

Car Key cover

Car key casings are not impervious to damage because they are susceptible to damage and wear over time. It is hard to have a correct set of keys with the original automaker's logo stamped on them in mint condition for a very long time. After a duo encounter with my relatives cars when the fob got damaged leading to successive issues while locking/unlocking the car, I started searching communities and threads to save my key from getting damaged.
After surfing through the shopping sites and reviews my search ended at amazon with a good looking textured silicone cover – Key-care silicone Honda 2 button cover at Rs.300. Ordered it on the d-day of car. The product came in two days in nice packing with a card and pamphlet. The quality was very nice, fit was perfect. No issues, no smell or no fading after 5 months of usage.

Advantages
  • easy to fit around the key
  • Feels good in hand
  • buttons can be used freely
  • Prevents dirt and scratches
  • won’t have to worry about accidentally dropping the key
  • the signals are not disturbed in any way
  • Material looks reliable
  • eye catcher if we choose from the different colored silicone/leather covers
  • available from a range of Rs100-600

Limitations
  • In some cases, lock unlock symbols fades away quickly
  • Will keep its condition best if we don't carry it in our trouser pocket
  • doen't display a logo instead there is a cut-out which reveals the original logo on the key

Materials available
  1. Plastic
  2. Silicone
  3. Leather

View attachment 279524 View attachment 279525
Have been using an all black Silicone key cover for almost 4 years now. So far the only problem with them was the white buttons turning yellow. Other than that pretty good and durable as well.

Thanks Afsar brother
Fist of all congrats on your new ride.
Looking forward for your buying experience and regular updates from you and wishing you a enjoyable and peaceful ownership with it. Happy driving i-vtec

Yes indeed, I will keep updating my experience and upgrades with my Pixie.
Finally, started penning down my journey [:)]
Honda City iVtec 2010 & a little background story.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Dear brother, the cars looks nice and it seems to be well maintained by the previous owners. Meanwhile low profile tires eats up the comfort of the ride. How is your experience do you feel any inconvenience in handling and comfort after updating your rim size?

Dear brother, the cars looks nice and it seems to be well maintained by the previous owners. Meanwhile low profile tires eats up the comfort of the ride. How is your experience do you feel any inconvenience in handling and comfort after updating your rim size?
I felt the handling has improved. Car is more planted on highways and can take curves more confidently. I didn't find much issue with the comfort level as well.
The road noise has increased a bit,guess it's due to the incorrect tyre pressure.currently its at 40 psi (nitrogen)..will decrease it to 35 and update.

Thread Starter #30
New Tyres
New tyres…..what pops in mind first. Endurance., comfort., style., grip., etc…etc….tyres are critical part of the car that links the car to the ground. While making a buying decision, we have multiple choices and tires are no different. Though factors like price and performance play an important role, look and aesthetics also impact decision making to a large extent.
Thumb rule:
  1. one should not exceed the original tyre’s outer diameter by 3%.
  2. For every 10mm increase in width of tyre, the sidewall height (or aspect ratio) should be reduced by 5 percent.
Technically, tyre up sizing can be performed in two ways:
  1. Wider tyres in original wheels
  2. Upgrading to larger wheels and wider tyres
Advantages of Tyre Up sizing
besides a cosmetic uplift, tyre up sizing brings the following benefits for owners.
  • Personalization- increased side wall flex adds to plush ride
  • Ground clearance- Confirmed by various members up to 5mm extra GC.
  • Better braking- Wider section tends to hold the ground better
  • Cornering stability- prevents under steering more than skinnier 175 section tyres.
Disadvantages of Tyre Up sizing
Despite the aforementioned benefits, tyre up sizing also has a few significant drawbacks that discourage many car owners.
  • Weighted Steering: larger contact patch tends to heavy steering
  • Low Fuel Efficiency: Marginally hence negligible
  • Wrong Speedometer Reading: inappropriate up sizing leads to lesser speedo readings
  • Reduced Acceleration: Increased weight of wheels and tyres
Now the new tyres story
All the five 10 year old Michelin XM1 tyres have become weak and one among them was badly bulged. The sales person agreed to swap it with spare tyre for time being. Quickly after I ordered the key cover, started searching in the internet for new tyres. After some search i came to know about the above mentioned facts and criterion for tyre up sizing. Stock tyres are Michelin Energy XM1 sized 175/65 R15 and after seeing many positive reviews and threads, was very much satisfied to upgrade to Michelin XM2 195/65 R15 since primacy 3 ST was a bit costlier. Initially I searched online stores for availability and price variations. Since the estimated delivery period was very long, decided to visit the tyre market. Next day after delivery took the car for a quick spin. My first ride impressions was very good. The car pulled smoothly from the parking space. Quickly turned OFF the radio to check whether any noise creep into cabin. Didn’t hear any noise or rattling sounds(except some road noise). After 15 kms of driving, initial impressions were, the floor board didn’t vibrate which was prone in swift(from my experience). The refinement level and power was more than expected from the ten year old motor. Seats were well cushioned with average contouring. Me and my dad fit well in the seats, somehow rest of my family likes the swift’s back seat cushions more than the city’s.
Reached B.M.LAL BROS, Royapettah authentic Michelin tyre dealers with good reputation. The dealer informed that XM2s were replaced by XM2+ few months before. In our favor the dealer’s dad owned same year city smt with 195 section tyres. We compared both the cars side by side. As per the car owner, the tyres didn’t make any change when 2 or 3 onboard including driver.He also said the 195 sections along with spacers will make a lot of difference to the GC. I explained the dealer that the car was newly purchased and is it better to stick with the stock to know the original handling of the car. After some good conversation, we decided to stick with stock 175 sections, since mostly only 3 of us will be travelling. Our urban usage will be 500 kms/month maximum for some more time and there would be 1-2 highway trips to Kanniyakumari (750 kms approx) and 3-4 Bangalore trips(400 kms approx)yearly. December manufactured tyres were available at that time. Ordered 4 tyres and got it fixed. It took almost 30 mins for swapping with the new tyres. Filled the tyres with nitrogen and got the wheels aligned from them itself. Two of the old tyres were bulged on inner side walls.As it was good time, checked wheel wells for any rust formation, and the result was positive no evidence of rust.
With the new tyres the changes were evident on the tarmac. The car rolled smoothly over the bitumen and the road noise was reduced considerably. Drove gently back to our home. Though didn’t get what we expected, we were pretty much satisfied with the new buy. GC was not a big issue for our usage. Apart from the hospital entrance, the car glides over most of the speed breakers smoothly. Sometimes she does show some respect to the road with a gentle kiss but not a great deal breaker. To our surprise, on the airport run 25 kms away from my home the car served well. There were 5 people onboard and 4 trolleys and 3 shoulder bags altogether weighing 70 kgs in the dickey. The car scraped only once while exiting our street on front right mudflap(it was a right turn + speed breaker situation). After few Kms there were series of speed breakers, the car didn’t scrape even once. Though dad and me were a bit confused, few of you may know the real reason. It would be great if you all share your knowledge about the same.

Tyres: Michelin Energy XM2+ 175/65/R15
Manufactured at: December 2019
Cost: Rs 20000(including GST)
Wheel alignment: Rs 400

Top Bottom