My Pegasus - Hyundai Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.7

Thread Starter #31
re: My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

Guys, what about the spoiler? Post some pics of it too.
Spoiler is inside the boot[;)] Do not know about it's condition. Will check and let you know once I go to Pondy and see the car tomorrow!

Thread Starter #32
re: My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

@ mods, please change the thread name like

"My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2"

350Z

Core Team
Re: My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

ilango[speed thirst];76144 said:
Leh trip , its after a year or 2 or 3!! its one wild ride. may be in accent , then another one in a suv is for sure. haha
Picture for you. Notice the grill difference, hope they have fixed in petrol grill in this or later model grill.
A nice amount of body work needs to be performed but there's no major dent thankfully. And how come the boot spoiler broke away? Also finally, we have a picture of Ilango's ride with recently installed bling-bling lamps. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: My pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

Also finally, we have a picture of Ilango's ride with recently installed bling-bling lamps. :biggrin:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Haha that bling bling leds have come well in picture!!

Both the cars in parking lamp . forgot to switch off the fog lamps.
As was so tired after a drive , just took the picture before our area turning and parted ways!

Update:

car ac fixed , cooled so chill . suddenly a smell.

found out the clutch coil in ac almost burnt .

Now replacing work is going on.

Re: My Pre-owned 2003 Accent CRDi - Pics on Pg.2

the magnetic clutch which clutches to the rotary compressor? If yes then I have one question, do frequent switch on/off of a/c weakens the magnetic clutch? for how long does these things last?

the magnetic clutch which clutches to the rotary compressor? If yes then I have one question, do frequent switch on/off of a/c weakens the magnetic clutch? for how long does these things last?
The thing is yes.

no - frequent switch on and off do not affect. it does get affect by time and improper handling / removal fixing during anyother mechanical work if needed.

Now the update is the the ac mech tried hard to keep the compressor and make the car ready. tough luck , the whole compresor is not worth and had ben repaired a several time .
Compressor needs a change and so the clutch coil that is bought is returned and new compressor is bought.

Thread Starter #39

so much problem for just 63k KM car
My expected fears coming true. Hope it gets cleared with this. Almost whole AC unit will be new when work is complete I guess.

@Jayadev, this is what will happen to a not so well/badly maintained Accent CRDi. This is one car that needs utmost care

bit of doubts here...
is it that good a hyundai accent is, to go for a used one . one of my friend needs advice on used (good)car below 3 lakh . i used to like this car very much when it was launched.

Last edited:

No not expected fear.

This is pure reason due to bad checking of car. Add tough luck too.

atlast need to be happy since its a major accident free car. forget the dents

Slightest doubt in car , stay away! else one need to be in constant fear! Also spend on them as a petrol heads , we dont like to drive a car in a bad state.

Or make up the mind for the expense to occur and then get them!

Last edited:

These are the problem's having a second hand car. But since it is a diesel so nothing to worry.

Thread Starter #42

Update time!

Car AC unit completely overhauled! New AC compressor, AC cooling coil, new filter inside the condenser pipe, new AC piping, and cooling gas filled

All OE parts, total cost of spares came to Rs.20,000 and labour Rs.3,300/-

Got the car back this morning 9AM. air con is very chilling and did not feel the heat in afternoon Chennai sun!

Started around 9.45 AM in Pondy after filling my tank there and came to Chennai as I had office. A fast drive as what I would call it, since it was late. speeds between 90 to 115 kmph in ECR.

Was just curious to see the mileage of car. Went to petrol bunk and again asked them to fill. Tank filled again and now my baby drank 7.5 lts.

And there I was. very happy 140 kms - 7.5 lts. Mileage achieved, 18.6 kmpl with AC on and with good speeds.

Looks like I have gotten lucky after all. Will take a few more drives and will post the average. better pics coming up soon. Stay tuned guys!

Finally happy as me!

But the govt have a different news for us.
its update time for them - fuel priced to increase again.

Time to sell off my bike too??
what next - cycle

Went through the whole thread just now! Congratulations Gokul and finally some relief for you i guess! Accent CRDi is one VFM diesel hatch with good FE and power! You have got a great FE figure

But car is looking in a bad state(physical) , hope you bring it back to a great condition soon!

And Leh trip count me in too , Aria or Verna![evil]

Top Bottom