My New Tata Aria Prestige Ownership Review

Thread Starter #106
lets c.yea i give my car to only one particular service advisor whose very helpful and the service manager incharge of south concorde attends my complaints and has been very supportive.I do not contact much the branch service manager much.My current kms is 1700 as lot of issues were coming up and most time gone at service centre itself and now everything is fine and will plan for a trip.I could also see the clear coat on the car is peeling of at certain points.Near my right rear view mirror the clear coat peeled of and was rectified and today i noticed small bubbles and little peels at certain points.

@Karthick

Congrats for your new Aria(May be I am bit late)[:)]

I have read the complete thread and I would like to know from you some thing

Within a period of less than one year, how many times you made a visit to service centre !!

Is buying a TATA car means spending life at service centers ??

Looking at the issues and replacements list, do you call this a reliable product in a premium segment !!

After all this with a brand new vehicle(spent few lakhs) can you say " All is well " and these are common things with any vehicle ??

Do you feel your self very happy that service guys are so good and attending to your all problems OR do you really think that why these many problems are coming in a new vehicle and some of them are serious with the safety of life.

I really look forward for your post in the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...motor-s-cars-ultimate-reliability-survey.html as other TATA owners in the forum are preparing you to talk everything good which looks to me like preparing a voter to vote for a particular party[:)]

All the above, I wrote to learn from your true opinion and experience and not to offend any body as I was also a TATA car owner some time back

Thread Starter #108
Hi @ gurrala.
No worries but sounds am going to answer a investigating reporter huh! juz kidn.
Within a period of less than one year I have visited several times some were mechanical issues and some were general complaints but I pay attention to even minute rattle and scratches or whatsoever and hence visits were several but otherwise also initially the mechanical complaints were not rectified properly and hence I kept visiting again.
I personally feel buying a TATA car i mean with Aria wont be like spending life at service centre but peaceful service and not necessary to get you BP high fighting with the service manager for warranty or solution etc.The service is customer oriented and not too much saving the skin type.
My complaints are common with any vehicle even if its brand new as not every car can be done precisely unless fitted with a robot of .00001 error but I feel more attention should have been given when they expect the customer to spend premium.
The service centre Concorde,Ambattur chennai is amazingly fine and in fact I would have gone for a change of car getting fed up with constant visits but when the relationship was good and your problem is solved especially without much hassle or tension I was happy with it.The problems I faced were not an issue with safety of life like steering pulling to left,cabin light broken,rattle noise from the steering column and everything were rectified now.
To be honest I dont think you offend anybody and this is just opinions as the fact our opinions not going to change any situation nor our offending going to change the entire organisation as it is obvious that they do not throw lights to online forums or complaints and it is just we exchanging posts and know each ones problem and it stops there.The aria official website has a rapid complaint page were I just got an acknowledgement email for my complaint and till now they are travelling so rapid that they have not got in touch with me yet.We should have a strong neutral body for the automotive sector where in every major complaint is attended and resolved.There is nobody you can question how can a car spend so many lakhs let it be 1 or 20 can come out with defects,you ask this question to the dealer you had bought then you will be diverted to the service centre and the service centre tries to rectify it and you are forced to live with a brand new car that will be touched and soiled up by the mechanics and you just loose the brand new feel.

+100 to your nice explanation Karthik[clap]

But what I understand from your answers if I read something between the lines, it is like this

Since you have bought with some expectation, but at times any brand car will fail to live up to your expectation and you have live with it. The big relief is that all those things are very effectively being attended by the service guys promptly[:)]

When the question reliability about a product comes in, then my feeling as a one of the old TATA car owner will be like this saying that the product is not so reliable as I thought of it. So If I was you buying a Area spending some lakhs of rupees, then I would have really felt bad for my decision because these initial problems really disturbs me a lot and I do not have that much of time to visit the service centers again and again and not have such patience too. May be this is the reason I did not opted for a Vista last year when I was buying my hatchback and gone with Ritz. This is purely my story[:D]

I agree with you that it is not true that if a very heated argument is not going to solve any thing and it is better to be neutral about the problem and discuss it further and get a solution to it.

Finally I respect and appreciate your true opinion as a Premium TATA car owner

Thread Starter #110
@gurralla it is tough for me to do the living with it thing as I keep worrying about any smallest issue.With so many issues coming up be big or small with a new car I am kind of stressed and in a dilemma of whether to go for sum other car.Yes you are true,I have not yet started to feel bad for spending on it as the issues I faced were not threatening but it should not be too late and I just keep feeling bad for money spent.One more major issue coming up,am out of it

@gurralla it is tough for me to do the living with it thing as I keep worrying about any smallest issue.With so many issues coming up be big or small with a new car I am kind of stressed and in a dilemma of whether to go for sum other car.Yes you are true,I have not yet started to feel bad for spending on it as the issues I faced were not threatening but it should not be too late and I just keep feeling bad for money spent.One more major issue coming up,am out of it
This is may be bit out of topic, but I had the same experience buying my new bike Suzuki Slingshot+ immediately when it was launched and believe me within 1-1/2 years with it, I have faced small or big too many problems made me to visit their service center too many times and changed to some other service centers and the problems increased. Finally ended up selling that out with a loss of around 20000/- and buying a new Dream Yuga spending another 25000/-. Here I smelled the issues quickly and felt that these are going to be increased with very poor suzuki service and suprised with very low resale price and took a hard decision. I am not saying you take such decision of your purchase as it cost you few lakhs loss with it, but I just cannot live with too many small or big problems with a new vehicle[frustration]

Thread Starter #112
It is not out of the topic but really in line with my current situation.I accept what you felt as even I would not choose to live with too many problems.I am least concerned about the current issues but in fact worried about the situation after a year or so and after the warranty is over.

Karthick cost of maintenance is nearly ziltch for the 2 ton monster considering the 25L price tag. Reliability - it does not come better than this, it will outlast the owner too if maintained decently.

I have been a big Fortuner fan too and have nearly booked it twice, there are only a couple of complaints i have about it :-

1) Its grossly overpriced in my view, but the market in india is willing to pay for the T-
badge so the mighty fortuner has had steady sales since launch.
2) For the price its very low on features ( doesnt even have all disk brakes), cruise control available only in AT models etc etc

Having said all that i still love it though, hope someday ill conquer the mental barrier of buying something thats not value for money [:)]

Karthick cost of maintenance is nearly ziltch for the 2 ton monster considering the 25L price tag. Reliability - it does not come better than this, it will outlast the owner too if maintained decently.

I have been a big Fortuner fan too and have nearly booked it twice, there are only a couple of complaints i have about it :-

1) Its grossly overpriced in my view, but the market in india is willing to pay for the T-
badge so the mighty fortuner has had steady sales since launch.
2) For the price its very low on features ( doesnt even have all disk brakes), cruise control available only in AT models etc etc

Having said all that i still love it though, hope someday ill conquer the mental barrier of buying something thats not value for money
+100, Iron, whatever I had in my mind too about Fortuner with the feedback I have with me[:)]

@ Iron rock that very informative and helpful mate you covered almost all points I have in my mind
Karthik, It looks to me from your posts that you are trying to shift from Aria to Fortuner ??. I think you need to make any such decision with lot of patience examining good and bads of both, because I feel they both belong to a different category

Thread Starter #117
@gurrala hahaa yea its true but I am not trying and in fact just analysing my resale and feed back on fortuner.My mind is just inbetween but inclined a bit more on to the fortuner keeping in mind about the frequent visits to the service centre and forecasting what would happen after 2 or 3 years.Now I have run 1600 and the more I run I guess am gona end up discovering new faults from the car and its a real stress for me to keep worrying about the buy.Atleast with fortuner I guess the quality will be satisfying and no issues would rise up.I am also aware that its gona give a bumpy ride and less ambience than the aria but I am just thinking and not decided with anything

Thread Starter #119
1600 and its brand new still as I just use in city driving and also have my i10.I just have enquired for re sale and if the offer is good I may go or just be happy

in that case my 2 personal cents is its a little too early to jump the gun, you might lose heavily with a resale right now(just my hunch cant be sure) , may be you have already ridden the storm and from here things might improve , so suggest you enjoy it for the while keeping a watchful eye. Personally i think its too early for such a radical call.

with just 1600kms on board the engine has barely run in, so you are right its just brand new and patience might be the key[:)]

Top Bottom