My New Tata Aria Prestige Ownership Review

@xovy even I have gone through negative issues of aria and also saw a case somewhere in north where the car was replaced with a new one but for my aria i faced the following issues:
Thank GOD you are back.I was getting quite nervous as why you are not updating your Aria thread.Now atleast give us a small update per month.Remember when all sort of negative publicity is going against Aria its actually proud owners like you that make all the difference.
1.The car had left pulling complaint and I put forward at my 1st service but not rectified so I dropped in again the next day,it was not rectified so I took to tyre point where TATA itself do their alignment and gave it an wheel alignment,the technician told me no previous alignment was done and may be they would have hesitated to touch the system as it had 4wd.The service centre does the alignment outside and I took my car to a different tyre point centre.Its fine now!
Really strange that TASS couldn't fix your problem while an outer shop did.Tata needs to train their staff little better and if possible I want them to set up independent workshop for Aria atleast in the 4 metros.
2.When i drive past 80 and brake,the steering vibrates and vobbles so I gave the complaint thats when they changed the front discs both.I should appreciate the service centre coz the car was returned in a days time.
Hmmmm. disc brakes going kaput within 6 months, that sounds bad.But thankfully now your problem is resolved, but did you wrote to senior Tata management about this issue?

Apart from these I did not find any major issues or drawback with Aria.I love the drive and its so easy to drive in city traffic but only thing should always keep to the right lane as when you move to the left lane bikers love to come and give some scratches or hit the side view mirror.So for I have not let any1 do that but I have noticed they tend to loose balance and use my car as a support as it tall enough for them,how mean!.I have been in to narrow streets,heavy traffic and free lanes and at all times i have not experienced any difficulty but one thing for sure,over confidence and over speed in city limits would not help though am happy with its brakes and stability.Whenever I over speed my mind tells me-this is not your i10,simple.
[lol]Oh these notorious bikers !

I have custom fit seat covers now,beige colour but not pure leather and it gives a very good look.Then had fit garware film on to it before which i gave to 3m showroom and they suggested rs series.I was specific that it should not be glossy or reflect and the sales rep told me it wont and when it was finished,the look was light green reflective series and when I asked another sales rep told RS stands for reflective series and I questioned why this was not explained yesterday and I immediately asked them to remove it and paid half the bill and when they removed nice scratches have been made here and there on my rear door glass and metal arches.I showed the scratches on metal arches to 3m and told they have to bear the touch up charges.
Where are the pics of your new seat covers, please post them ASAP.

when i purchased aria i was aware with all its negative talks going on but for what it offered on space,techs etc for the money am happy with what I can afford.I cant compromise myself to go somewhere below Aria's price and purchase some car and later complaint its not big enough nor I wanted to go higher the price of Aria and get an endy or fortuner and still complaint lack of techs.Aria is good but cannot be the best and for its price range and what it offers its the best
Yes absolutely agree with you, Aria is the best car/UV/cross-over that money can buy at 15-20 lakh.Now with discounts its VFM also.

one thing for sure,sitting inside on the drivers point on aria,feels so proud when every head turn and some heads peek out of their car windows.
Yes, yes, yes, this is exactly what I wanted to hear, since you are happy with your ride, it also makes me proud, actually its like icing on the cake to me[thumbsup].

@ kathickramu :

How can the alignment be off in a new car? How can the discs be warped in a new car? do you remember how much kms your car had run when you did the PDI? I hope the service manager can come up with a convincing answer.

Sad to know what 3M did to your car... But 3M & VKool has better quality films than Garware.

Congrats on your car once again & wish you a great ownership experience.

Thread Starter #93
MY car at the time of delivery was around 150 kms and I enquired for which I been told that they had TD on highways and all vehicles come with 150 or odd readings,The discs did not fail or break but it did not seat properly in its position thats what the person told me and it had some rust formation

^^^ IMO, 150 kms is very much on the higher side. If the discs were just not seated properly, what was the need to change the discs?

Make sure the service manager has answers to all your questions.

Thread Starter #98
Hey xovy! not fine really.Been hitting service centre quiet a lot and my odo is just 1600 still.The steering pull has been rectified by changing the lower arm on the left wheel and its fine now.The steering pull was not alright until the lower arm was changed and the service centre told me that most aria's had this problem and the company suggested to change that particular part.So everytime i gave the complaint of left pull they return in a weeks time but still the problem exist and in this never ending story I had to hit the service centre,drive for a week or so and then give back again with the same complaint and finally after the lower arms changed its fine now and the brakes were changed too and is more precise than before.The service centre made two scratches while servicing and gave for paint work and its fine.after sum days one crook made a scratch on my bonnet and boot and rectified.Later everything was fine but the inner cabin light unit was loose was rattling and i opened and examined where i found one side of the spring was broken,so i ordered for the light and was fixed but again the light was broken then the whole sqaue unit husing air bag light and light had a minor broken part inside and hence i ordered the whole unit and fixed.At slow speeds and clear roads a strange rattling was coming up from the steering unit.I gave for this complaint thrice,every time they return the car the sound returns the same day and was told that sum loose plastic and nothing to worry and finaly one service person told all arias face this problem as the car is heavy,i got red and contacted the service head and finally he test drove with me and told he will sort for sure.It was diagnosed there is some loose part in the steering column and they changed the entire steering column.forgot to tell,my outside rear view mirrors were changed as they produce a noise while opening and closing and the newly fitted also did the same but had to hit on service centre twice as the colour mismatch was there with that of the body and mirror.now everything is fine and to give my heart a new look,i went in for a 3m paint coat yesterday and its looking like was at day 1 but i am sumwhere worried and thinking if i should change and dive in to a fortuner.I have not faced any mechanical failure or anything and not spent a penny and everything was done on warranty but hitting the service centre several times and changing components like brakes,lower arms,steering column make me think what if brakes fail what if suddenly car pulls to left what if the air bag blows of from steering column,,

Thread Starter #99
i would have updated xovy but only if i drive a lot i could update but even at my home they were joking,'ur car is parked more at service centre'.I pay attention to even the .001 fault and try to rectify then and there let it be a loose noise or a left pull whatever.My latest innovation is that the front steel grill has come out a bit at the corner from the body and i think there is some gap on the mirror housing as everytime we wash water drops from the point to the down and had left a mild running mark on the body

i would have updated xovy but only if i drive a lot i could update but even at my home they were joking,'ur car is parked more at service centre'.
This is not good thing IMO.Can you be more specific as what issues you are facing,also whether they are major or minor? Also how competent the service centre has been in rectifying your issues? Sometimes you have to do severe arm twisting to get your work done at TASC.Also have you tried to speak to any high TATA administration?

Thread Starter #101
The problems i faced were,am just giving it from the first service:
1.Left pull - after many service and their trial and error solution finally changed the lower arm on the left and rectified.It is not major but the pull was also quiet minute
2.Brakes vibrate when used at at higher speeds-all discs changed and its fine
3.Rattling noise within the steering unit- the steering column was changed and is fine now
4.The cabin light at the front housing the air bag on off light and cabin light had broken spring and was loose- the whole unit was changed.
Well to be honest I would not say anything was major as I always have an eagle eye and also the service centre support is excellent in rectifying the problem then and there but they also have the mentality of dodging sometimes giving back the car that the work is finished say as with steering pull,brakes vibrate but I was determined and gave back the car very next day when I faced the problem again and finally its all done.Yes I had spoken to the concorde dealership manager,concorde south dealership manager and concorde south service manager and the service manager is the one who invited me for an meeting and gave confidence that initial arias had left pull complaint and they are rectifying it and with all other complaints he has been very supportive and gave me a clear picture of how they going to solve the issue.Another problem was these parts had to come from pune and most of the time I had to wait atleast 1 week or so.Well everything is fine but I am just worried about the future as everything is safe as long as am in the warranty and I also had the extended warranty on my aria

Thread Starter #102
To be honest xovy there was not any necessity for too much arm twisting to get the work done.The service centre guys were also precise in solving the problem and not make any issue with changing parts etc. I was also patient and gave time to do the work but constantly rang them to update the work and the service was really given special attention for aria but I doubt how long it would be anyway!

Thank GOD,now I feel relieved.Good to hear that service backup has been fine.I think if TATA wants to crack the "premium" car market then it will need to completely satisfy its premium customers through exemplary service back-up.I hope this support you are getting from TASC continues in the future as well.

PS: This is one thread where you will need to vote and share your experience about the ownership experience of Aria:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...motor-s-cars-ultimate-reliability-survey.html

Thread Starter #104
I mean am happy too,with the car, with the service centre too.To be honest I have had palio,zen and now having I10 and with the service done compared to other networks are far better and prompt.My concern is that I have little bit fear,thinking if everything will be alright and little stressed with too many service centre hits.I dont know if i should climb further or jump to the next tree

If you are satisfied with your current TASC then no need to change.Just make sure you have good relationship with the service manager and you will be fine.

PS: How many kms have you done on your Aria? Has the engine become more smooth than before? Any long drives done or planned?

Top Bottom