My New Tata Aria Prestige Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
@xovy sure noted.I am quiet gentle on brakes but how do I be gentle with clutch do you mean I should not apply it often or ? but during slow traffic I had no other option apart from moving the car in half clutch coz when I release it fully even in 1st gear the car was moving fast and I had to brake and bring the gear to neutral

@xovy sure noted.I am quiet gentle on brakes but how do I be gentle with clutch do you mean I should not apply it often or ? but during slow traffic I had no other option apart from moving the car in half clutch coz when I release it fully even in 1st gear the car was moving fast and I had to brake and bring the gear to neutral
Wow good to hear that, it seems that current Aria's have better low end response than previous ones.Anyways by 'being gentle on clutch' I meant don't release it suddenly, but gradually, and it will serve you for a long time without any fuss.

BTW: One more question:biggrin:

Do you find pick-up/acceleration of Aria better than your cute little i10?

Thread Starter #48
@xovy!acceleration is just neat!In my i10 I could feel the pulling power and that its a small engine and lags power but with aria it was a good experience,I have not experienced any engine suffocating to change for the next gear and infact I had to change the gear looking at my speedo,i dont know if this is good or bad

Wow good to hear that, it seems that current Aria's have better low end response than previous ones.
Moving forward when you leave the clutch is the characteristic of every diesel engine, including the Tata 207 pick up truck. Heck, my innova reached 45 kmph without touching the throttle, just leave the clutch & keep on shifting. this would be more apparent to people migrating from petrol hatches. Thats more due to torque of the diesel & should not be confused with low end torque.

best way to judge low end response is to accelerate till you reach 3rd or 4th gear, then brake & slow down till the point of almost stalling & then press the throttle & see the engine response.

But then again its relative to what you have been driving & what you are comparing it with.

Thread Starter #53
will be over by tomorrow,The installer tells me that he would not use the harness socket to join with the new head unit instead he tells me he will take sleeves from original wires and attach with the head unit wiring to avoid loose connection,should i let him do it

will be over by tomorrow,The installer tells me that he would not use the harness socket to join with the new head unit instead he tells me he will take sleeves from original wires and attach with the head unit wiring to avoid loose connection,should i let him do it
Upload pics of your new ice as soon as you get it fitted,along with detailed interior pics of your car like dashboard, dickey, third row legspace etc.

xovy please reply my query am waiting for replies,do i permit the installer to take sleeves from the original wiring
Taking sleeves means slicing the wire from the side, right?If thats the case than your warranty may get void, its best not to flirt with original wiring karthick, ask him to install the new ICE without cutting/modifying original wires/cables.

Thread Starter #58
Hi guys thanks for all your posts.Ice install is over by Technokrat chennai nelson manickam road.I should say they are just awesome.I have used wiring harness to connect from original wires and no cutting or sleeves just plug and play.The available panel for aria in the market was awful and so in a days time they made a panel on their own and gave a leather effect,wow!looks cool now on my hu3350.I have installed my kicker sub and amp and jbl comp.I am so satisfied with the sq but still the JBL tweets are giving out too much voice from the front so got to sort out that tomorrow.so they have made a sub box to suit my boot,camera-4.5k,wiring,panel,wiring harness,fixing charge and all together it was 13.5 excl Head unit and jbl.The money is worth it and the work is so neat.I am sure if i had given anywhere else I would have spoilt the whole system

Hi guys thanks for all your posts.Ice install is over by Technokrat chennai nelson manickam road.I should say they are just awesome.I have used wiring harness to connect from original wires and no cutting or sleeves just plug and play.The available panel for aria in the market was awful and so in a days time they made a panel on their own and gave a leather effect,wow!looks cool now on my hu3350.I have installed my kicker sub and amp and jbl comp.I am so satisfied with the sq but still the JBL tweets are giving out too much voice from the front so got to sort out that tomorrow.so they have made a sub box to suit my boot,camera-4.5k,wiring,panel,wiring harness,fixing charge and all together it was 13.5 excl Head unit and jbl.The money is worth it and the work is so neat.I am sure if i had given anywhere else I would have spoilt the whole system
Wow so glad to hear that the work is done perfectly[clap], now click some pics and post it here for us to feel the sound effect just by looking at your ICE [lol]

Top Bottom