My New PC!

thats a real good configure Raj, sound pretty good with Altec ones, infact they really moves you in full volume with their range available.
KB + mouse, you should have tried getting iBall's new range laser duo, superb product.

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for the New PC, Raj. That configuration sounds nice. I too have Altec Lansing Audio System on my machine. How about sharing some pics once you get it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #21
As requested by Vibhor, some pics (click on the pics to enlarge)-

* the speakers-
080920091033.jpg
080920091034.jpg

* the monitor-
080920091035.jpg

* the graphic card-
080920091036.jpg

* the motherboard-
080920091037.jpg

* the processor-
080920091038.jpg

* the smps-
080920091039.jpg

Thread Starter #24
Awesome. Congrats again. Happy Surfing on TAI with New PC.
thanks vibhor.

NFS MW is my Favorite too.I am bad at the shift races specially the one during which a train comes across just before the finish line I always go and bang onto it.

And by the way good to know you bough the AMD Phenom II processor.My pc is 6 yrs old and has the AMD athlon processor. No problems till date but one thing is for sure it performance to its full potential only in cool atmosphere's.
yes, that race is a bit tough, if you get your shifts right, then you wont bang the train!

And by the way is your RAM DDR3 ?
Socket AM2 and AM2+ do not support DDR3. DDR 3 support for AMD processors came with socket AM3. Socket AM3 processors are the industry first processors that have support for both DDR 2 and DDR 3. The phenom X4 processor that Raj_5004 bought is not compatible with DDR 3.

One more fact. Intel processors except Core i5 and Core i7 have on board memory controllers. So is a bios update is available that allows DDR 3, the processors can run on DDR 3 RAM. But AmD since long had On-Die memory controller, so they can only run with the ram the processer is designed to work with. AMD called this technology HyperTransport ( HT ). Intel introduced the similar thing with i7 and called it Quick Path Interconnect ( QPI ).

Hence some Core 2 series processors can work with DDR3, but only AMD socket AM3 processors can run with DDR3.

I have never had a PC with AMD but my friend had a laptop running the AMD processor. The problems that he faced were the heat sync issues where the laptop would go off after sometime. The processor would automatically shut down the machine.
However, I have heard that these issues have been resolved with the AMD Athlon processor onwards.
I have faced overheating issues with my AMD Athlon X2 5000+, but there are multiple reasons for overheating.
Currently, the problem of overheating is not there and the constant innovations to Cool and Quiet technology has helped and reliability has improved.

the configuration sounds good, go for gforce graphics card, if u can go for a 5.1 that will be even better

Thread Starter #28
welcome to TAI rocky.

my current graphics card is good enough & i am able to play games like GTA4 & crysis without any trouble or lag.

That's a nice configuration for gaming purpose raj, now i plan to upgrade my PC into a gaming edition (not hard-core gamer though).

Current specs of my system:(assembled in 2007)
-AMD Athlon Processor.
-Gigabyte Chipset with internal graphics of 256mb Vram.
-1GB ram.
-80 GB HDD
All the essentials. (VDU, mouse etc..)

Current state:
00.jpg
This is because the system overheats.[frustration]

What i plan to do?
- Purchase AMD FX 4100 Processor. 6250 INR(Flipkart)
- Motherboard AM3+ socket but which one[confused]
- Corsair 1333 MHZ 4GB Ram 1500 INR(Flipkart)
- SMPS: Which one?
- no need of keyboard and other devices as i have all others working fine.
- Graphics card? confused again.(Planned later as an addition)

So please do help me which one to go for?
EDIT:Oops budget 15k Max

Amd ceases to be vfm with respect to processors at this moment. You could opt for a phenom II processor which would be under 5k. The dual core phenom processor can be unlocked to quad core. via adjusting the bios settings.
With regards to graphic card mention your budget and resolution you would be working on , screen size, and applications used.

The SMPS you should stick to 80 plus certified ones this will ensure you better life of the components.

For a low budget get an FSP saga II 350W one which would cost you approx 1.5k.
For a more power hungry system get a corsair vx 450 or the seasonic power supplies.

The power supply is often the most neglected part of your computer but it is the heart of your computer so provide it with Pure blood (power) for longer life.

Top Bottom