My New PC!

Amd ceases to be vfm with respect to processors at this moment. You could opt for a phenom II processor which would be under 5k. The dual core phenom processor can be unlocked to quad core. via adjusting the bios settings.
With regards to graphic card mention your budget and resolution you would be working on , screen size, and applications used.

The SMPS you should stick to 80 plus certified ones this will ensure you better life of the components.

For a low budget get an FSP saga II 350W one which would cost you approx 1.5k.
For a more power hungry system get a corsair vx 450 or the seasonic power supplies.

The power supply is often the most neglected part of your computer but it is the heart of your computer so provide it with Pure blood (power) for longer life.
Thanks for the quick reply, yes i plan to put AMD Phenom II too today am going to window shop for things

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i plan to put AMD Phenom II too today am going to window shop for things
you could try for other stores like deltapage, primeabgb, along with flipkart and choose components/stores which offer your best prices.

if you are stuck with AMD get a gigabyte 880 G -USB3 motherboard.

couple it with a phenom II 560-960/970 processor.

for graphic card look for a sapphire/MSI 6670 1 GB DDR5 to anything between a 6850/7850 2gb DDR5 depending on your budget monitor screen. (going from 720p to 1080p)

again depending on your graphic card choose between an FSP saga II 350/500w SMPS to a corsair/Seasonic 650 W.

I have AMD 1055T x6 2.8 ghz ( 6 core) with Asrock 880LM USB 3 motherboard and 8 GB ddr3 Ram , believe me man , its real deal. I spent 180 dollars for the processor . good stuff.

AMD fx 4100 is also good I made it for my friend

Don't forget to get 550Watts + power supply or your will get BSOD

Bought the components day before.

Here goes the list of parts purchased:
-Processor: AMD FX 4100: 3.6 GHZ INR 6500.
-Motherboard: Asus M5 A78l-MLX Plus with integrated Graphics card(ATI 760G) INR 3500.
- 450 W SMPS (Will upgrade when i install graphics card) INR 500.
- 500GB Western digital Hard Disk INR 3500.
- Ram : Corsair 4GB Vengeance INR 1650.
- DvD writer (Sata Port) INR 1150
Total Cost INR 17,250.

Bought the components day before.

Here goes the list of parts purchased:
-Processor: AMD FX 4100: 3.6 GHZ INR 6500.
-Motherboard: Asus M5 A78l-MLX Plus with integrated Graphics card(ATI 760G) INR 3500.
- 450 W SMPS (Will upgrade when i install graphics card) INR 500.
- 500GB Western digital Hard Disk INR 3500.
- Ram : Corsair 4GB Vengeance INR 1650.
- DvD writer (Sata Port) INR 1150
Total Cost INR 17,250.
A cheap 500-buck PSU can fry your PC soon! I recommend you to upgrade your PSU to atleast a FSP SAGA II 500W and get anything till HD6850 without any problems [:)]

I am not sure what brand is that PSU , I'd always recommend the coolermaster ones
coolermaster ones especially the extreme ones are not good than the generic ones.

google up the reviews for coolermaster extreme series , they cannot even handle the 50 % of load mentioned. also these are of poor efficiency.

the trusted companies as of effiicency

corsair
seasonic
antec,
thermaltake,
the other manufacturers like FSP,Gigabyte etc are OEM suppliers to many manufacturers , they are vfm purchases but the advantage with companies like corsair are better warranty, sometimes people have witnessed over the counter replacements of their PSU .
seasonic is again an OEM supplier to corsair.

a better PSU, will avoid damage to the components . in the event of failure only the PSU will suffer damage, the lower efficiency PSU are known to cause lot of harm to PC components along with them.

put it like this, PC components need pure DC current to operate.
the wall unit provides us AC power,

so better efficiency PSU provides pure DC current to the components.
the generic ones lose the efficiency when put under load,
Eg: a generic PSU on 50% load of its capacity can provide as high a 40 % ac current to the pc components, this ac current will increase with the increasing load.

but these genric PSU areok to be used on low power systems with the net loss would be only with regards to power loss during conversion from AC to DC.

the AMD FX series are known to consume more power as compared to a normal dual core processor.

hence the suggestion.

also typically a BSOD occurs because the pc components do not get the required amount of power when required.

the coolermaster silent series are good PSUs. but one has to be sure what model he is buying, the vendors sometimes try to confuse the buyers with the nomenclature.

Last edited:
Can be , I made a pc for my mate , phenom II with 8 GB ram,SATA 1 TB, SATA Dvd dual layer, TV tuner card and a sound card , 1 GB DDR5 GPU Nvidia 9800 GT and Coolermaster PSU 800 watts , never missed a beat. over a year and that psu has 2 years warranty.

spent $80 ( rs 4560)

Last edited:
Can be , I made a pc for my mate , phenom II with 8 GB ram,SATA 1 TB, SATA Dvd dual layer, TV tuner card and a sound card , 1 GB DDR5 GPU Nvidia 9800 GT and Coolermaster PSU 800 watts , never missed a beat. over a year and that psu has 2 years warranty.

spent $80 ( rs 4560)
Because its a weak graphics card.
Or maybe its not from Extreme series.

Anyways, A 800W PSU is an overkill for that PC.. :-/

also corsair, seasonic etc have 5 years warranty on their PSUs.

and yes the 800W PSU is an overkill.

but thinking about if you check the specification you might notice it is not 800 W if the one is from the extreme series.

Top Bottom