My New Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi

Thread Starter #1
Dear all,

I have to mention a lot of story about my new maruti swift selection.

I was planned to buy a car in this year May. During an excursion with my friends I realized the need of a car for my wife and boy. Then immediately I went to book Maruti swift VDI. One of my friends told me swift diesel will be OK and good for you. I did not discuss with anybody else, later I went to muscat for my job. During that period I just went through TAI and read many comments and suggestions, then I became confusion which car to buy? I made some profiles and register some other sites and ask questions and read comments, meanwhile I was keeping asking to my friends and all the time I was doing seeking car. many of my friends and colleagues asked that Do you mad or what?? Some people will advice diesel car and other petrol, some people will suggest Ritz/Swift/Figo/i20/dezire etc etc.. Finally I realized I need only a petrol car. But I was confused which petrol car??

I selected Brio, Ritz,Swift,I20. This also took long thinking and frustration. I was decided to buy Ritz(baker chocolate color). Mean time Maruti sales Executive called me to fix my car, color and variant. I told him while I come in Kerala I will tell you. He was waiting quiet for my reply. I explained everything to my wife and she likes Swift, and hates Ritz with due to it's rear shape. Then I taught her about car and it's selection criteria, but she and her mother and all family were not much aware about cars. They have been liked swift always.But mean time I fixed Ritz and car sales executive told it is ready any time. But same day night I called him again and changed the car to Maruti swift Vxi and next day gave money.

I cannot explain all here because it will need more than 5 pages........

I started to drive my car, remind I am not an expert driver at all. Only I had driven Wagon-R and Alto before. But I felt it's OK. Many stories I am leaving about my driving............At last I reached 936Km and gave my car for first service. Sorry I forgot to mention, my car arrived on July 05th at my home.
Now I am backed to my duty in Muscat and will be after 6 week in Kerala.

I felt one main draw back
Whenever the vehicle is at slow speed(less than 10km/h) the break pedal is jamming or becoming stuck, then I have to apply clutch again and apply break same time.

low pick up in second gear while put AC.
Photos will be updated soon.
Rajesh

Re: My new Swift Vxi

congrats on your new car. Its a very good car to own.
Regarding that issue, check with your dealer. I remember sometime bcak they re called for this kind of issue. check with your service advisor soon.

Congrats Rajesh on your new babe :) Whats with that clutch issue? Sounds weird to me. Dealer or Service Centre guys told anything regarding it ?

Btu, bro, which color is she ?

Hey Rajesh,

Congrats on having a amazing power packed VFM machine. Welcome to the Swift Family. Regarding the dead pedal there was some issue with the 2012 model swift. Also that is a drawback too in these new gen swifts, at your next service mention specifically about the dead pedal they should be able to fix it. Happy Motoring. Waiting for the pics of your car.

Santosh

Thread Starter #6
Congrat's on the car what colour is it?please do post her photo's for viewing pleasure
Dear friends,

Right now I am in Muscat after 5 weeks I will reach my home, after that I will post my White swift photos with my family indeed...

For the clutch pedal stuck up during slow speed, i spoke to dealer representative and service center, but after that I left from there, I will inquire with them and let all of you.

Thanks for your valuable comments...
Rajesh

Congratulations alot on buying the New Swift VVT petrol, enjoytgr

I felt one main draw back
Whenever the vehicle is at slow speed(less than 10km/h) the break pedal is jamming or becoming stuck, then I have to apply clutch again and apply break same time.
This is the main problem about which most of the Swift (LXi, LDi, VXi, VDi) owners are complaining & i.e due to weak Vacuum assistance at slow Idle speeds, maybe they haven't adapted its braking system to the New Gen Swift & its 1.2 K-series petrol engine & its characteristics.

But such kinda weaknesses are previously unheard & unseen in other Maruti cars.
Maybe, I'd expect a official recall this time for such kind of serious problem.

Last edited:

Top Bottom