My New Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT (8 Seater) "The Mighty Rhino"

Thread Starter #31
After the run in period and going past 100 did you feel anything different in your scorpio?
Had read in the other site where when it had Gone above 100 for the first time there was a weird 1 sec feeling in the behaviour of the sound etc.
Me still in the runin period so trying to be cautious.
Hi Gauresh
Nothing like that , their was no weird feeling.

Guys tell me something you guys change the gears according to the speed or rpm ?
Hi Raja

We are talking about the Auto transmission , nothing to do with changing gears.[confused]

I ddn't cross 90 kmph till the 1 st service and engine oil change @4785 kms.

But for A/T I guess its a sealed unit and doesn't require change for few Lakh kms.
Hi Mukeshus

As per the manual the sealed oil is until the life of the car , only in case of leakage or crossing the limits of minimum & maximum temp , the viscosity of the fluid changes & hence the change would be required.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #32
That's a nice write up buddy. And your beast looks aweosme. liked the front as well as the rear guard.
Can you let me know how much did the Garmin GPS costed you and where did you buy it from?
Hi Inder

I did some homework before buying the GPS , had the option of buying a low end or high end GPS from Map My India but opted for Garmin ( since I already have 02 basic Garmin GPS from USA )

Plus points in buying Garmin high end
1. Life time free Map upgrades.
2. 5" screen
3. Touch screen feel is better
4. Has facility for wireless front & reverse camera.
5. Blue Tooth & any brand mobile phone book gets synced with the machine.
(Map my India only particular Brand & models phone book gets synced.
6.You can block any area on the running map , in where you don't want to drive & the GPS would accordingly will give different routes.
7. The most beautiful feature - when ever you come near any junction or multiple roads , half the screen turns into real time picture ( though animated with trees & buildings ) & guides you on the right road to be taken.[clap]

i have no idea but from what i read it was like it felt short of breadth for about 1 sec and then sudden surge of power when it goes past 100.
It was like a new valve/ turbo gets kicked in for the first time.
Nothing like this.[surprise]

That's a nice write up buddy. And your beast looks aweosme. liked the front as well as the rear guard.
Can you let me know how much did the Garmin GPS costed you and where did you buy it from?
MRP 18900/=

I got it from Mumbai , a new dealer , 17000/=[cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
look in the quoted part
For the first 2 times it went past 110kmph mark, there was a huge surge in air intake and Topgun momentarily vibrated unexpectedly. The same has not happened 2-3 times after that. I guess, there is a high speed air intake "run in" as well when the engine acclimatizes to such speeds and air intake. Kindly correct me if I am wrong. No such vibrations experienced under 100-110 kmps speeds. Very smooth engine and brilliant power delivery.
P. S it is just what i have read on another forum.

mine still has some kms to get over the run-in period.

Top Bottom