My New Hyundai i10 Era

Thread Starter #31
by the way, i want to delete the post containing pictures of my car for privacy reasons.Is it possiblle to delete that post??Plz help me out..

350Z

Core Team
by the way, i want to delete the post containing pictures of my car for privacy reasons.Is it possiblle to delete that post??Plz help me out..
I have removed your personal photograph and blurred the registration number. Hope that is alright?

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
You can edit your post within 15 minutes of submitting it. Else, Use the report post button to inform us.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats Alok! Looks good in this colour!

Is this the engine which Hyundai calls iRDE2 ? What is the difference from the iRDE other than this is BS4 compliant.

Any add-ons in mind ? Sunfilm, Audio, Seat Cover, Alloys ?

Thread Starter #36
Well Dad wants every things to be simple.So he is not interested in add ons.I cant say anything about the difference as i had taken a test drive of the car only once that to in i10 sportz kappa 1.In sportz and era,i dont find much difference in city driving but when on highway kind of roads,I can see a noticable difference in the pickup of 5th gear above 60.I will give you more clear idea when i complete atleast 500-600 kms since currently,its only 50 kms.
-----------Next Post-----------
Congrats Alok! Looks good in this colour!

Is this the engine which Hyundai calls iRDE2 ? What is the difference from the iRDE other than this is BS4 compliant.
Do you have the irde 1??

Last edited:
Mine is a first gen Kappa without VVT. On the contrary, I find a difference driving the iRDE and Kappa.

The Kappa seems to lack bottom end but mid range is punchy/top end is good while iRDE's power delivery is linear with a poorer top end.

Congrats again and Drive safe !

Thread Starter #38
Mine is a first gen Kappa without VVT. On the contrary, I find a difference driving the iRDE and Kappa.

The Kappa seems to lack bottom end but mid range is punchy/top end is good while iRDE's power delivery is linear with a poorer top end.

What are top end, bottom end,mid range and 'linear'??

Thread Starter #39

Dude I wanna see your i10's pics

What are top end, bottom end,mid range and 'linear'??
Will need some time to explain you in detail. Try to search internet for "Power delivery" and you'll know what I mean.

Dude I wanna see your i10's pics
You can see a couple in my introduction thread. 2 more enroute Hogenakkal

I'll gather up the rest and post them.

Attachments

Cool pics man..BTW what things should i get changed during my first service??
Thanks.

Well, unless you have any complaints there is no need to change anything.

There are mixed opinions about changing the engine oil though. The oil now from the new engine will contain some metal debri.

Some recommend changing and some leave as it is. I would wait for the experts to comment on this.

Thread Starter #43
Thanks.

There are mixed opinions about changing the engine oil though. The oil now from the new engine will contain some metal debri.

Some recommend changing and some leave as it is. I would wait for the experts to comment on this.
BTW
What things are done in a Hyundai car during first service??I mean cleaning,Coolant etc??

BTW
What things are done in a Hyundai car during first service??I mean cleaning,Coolant etc??
BTW what things should i get changed during my first service??
Thanks.

There are mixed opinions about changing the engine oil though. The oil now from the new engine will contain some metal debri. Some recommend changing and some leave as it is. I would wait for the experts to comment on this.
The first service is just a check up. Nothing is changed. No need to change the oil either. If there are any metal debris they will be caught by the oil filter. The debris is there because the engine is running in. Nothing to worry unless your filter is damaged and the debris finds it's way back to the cylinder.

Thread Starter #45
The first service is just a check up. Nothing is changed. No need to change the oil either. If there are any metal debris they will be caught by the oil filter. The debris is there because the engine is running in. Nothing to worry unless your filter is damaged and the debris finds it's way back to the cylinder.
That means I dont have to say anything to them?And I guess filter wont be damaged since its a new one?BTW i feel like my power steering is little bit hard.I have to use my left hand also to steer and gets harder if i steer it faster when if the car is standing or if it is moving @ < 10 km/h .Is it because of apollo acceleres(manufacture=4610 and 72 kms run) or it is normal with every i10?

Top Bottom