My New Honda Jazz Select (Urban Titanium)

There is no authenticated information available about positive impact of branded fuel on new engine. Its is the purity of fuel which is more essential than additives.

Thread Starter #32
Hi,

I just gone through the Manual and found fuel recommendation section and stated like this,

Designed to operate on unleaded pertol with 91 Research Octane Number (RON) or Higher

I think there are only unleaded petrol available now. I'm not sure about the Octane rating of each brands in India. As petrol price is going high i wan't to make sure if fetching Premium petrol worth its value?

wow, its raining jazz.Congratulations on your new purchase.This new shade of Urban Titanium really looks cool along with those chrome stripes.Guess best shade for select variant as chrome gels really well this colour.Keep updating your ownership thread and enjoy your new ride.

i have opted for bumper to bumper insurance which is slightly higher than normal.
Can you throw some light on Bumper to Bumper insurance cover? I understand reading thro this thread that airbags and fiber parts are covered. But, did you check with them if they really do it without huch hassle?

I just drove around 20 km in cochin, the milege shown for me is 13.4 in city,
In NH it was like 16.4. From where you done the coating and seat covering ?, how much does it cost ?
PLEASE DO NOT GO BY THE AVERAGE FE DISPLAYED IN THE MID. It is just a mirage and it is very very dynamic. I spent 6 months breaking my head in calculating the mileage and ended up in checking full tank - to tank/ full tank to reserve.

In regards to seat covers i would recommend Honda's cover which gives a elegant look. Next would be auto form. Mind it both are pretty costly.

I just want to clear some doubt on petrol,

Guys over showroom preferred Premium Petrol over Normal one. How you guys think about it?
Ok. Even my Honda's fuel tank lid has premium petrol sticker only.
When i checked with the service rep about this during my first service, he said a strict no no for premium petrol. He told that it leads to gradual decrease in engine's performance due to the addictives. I am still following his recommendation.
Also, i have heard other version that Shell petrol is really good in general when compared to others. Still to test it out though!

Few more interior snaps

@shailinder

Also added dead pedal pic, it's just a rubber piece on carpet.
The dead pedal will be really useful. It gives you a big relazation during long drives.

Thread Starter #38
can you throw some light on bumper to bumper insurance cover? I understand reading thro this thread that airbags and fiber parts are covered. But, did you check with them if they really do it without huch hassle?
I have took Honda Assure and had a talk with Honda Insurance Rep regarding this. They were telling smooth process regarding claiming. This is a rough list i have.

Cashless Claim settlement at all Honda Dealerships in India.

Self Survey for Windshield/RVM

The maximum Turn Around Time (“TAT”) for surveyors to report at the Dealership after the intimation is 4 hours.

Cost of consumable / Fastners will be allowed if necessary. ( Not covered by other insurances )

Costly Parts like ECM & Radiators will be included under insurance. ( Not covered by other insurances )

All Electrical Parts like Sensors, Motors, Actuators, Wiring Harness, Head

Light Assembly etc will be covered. ( Not covered by other insurances )

Customer’s Liability in case of Claims will be limited to only Rs. 500*

Coverage on “Accessories” Electrical & Non-Electrical
please do not go by the average fe displayed in the mid. it is just a mirage and it is very very dynamic. I spent 6 months breaking my head in calculating the mileage and ended up in checking full tank - to tank/ full tank to reserve.
You are right its very dynamic. It depends on particular trip, we can't consider it as actual value. How about you, did avg millege and what you calculated came close?

In regards to seat covers i would recommend honda's cover which gives a elegant look. Next would be auto form. Mind it both are pretty costly.
Honda Fabric seat cover is quite expensive 7 or 8k, i think so. I may go for fabric rather than art leather.

Ok. Even my honda's fuel tank lid has premium petrol sticker only.
When i checked with the service rep about this during my first service, he said a strict no no for premium petrol. He told that it leads to gradual decrease in engine's performance due to the addictives. I am still following his recommendation.
Also, i have heard other version that shell petrol is really good in general when compared to others. Still to test it out though!
I made second call to my dealer regarding this and they stick to premium petrol . I have also read about issues regarding additives. But i'm not quite sure which to choose. Currently Going with what dealer specified for now. I will check again during my first service.

I have took Honda Assure and had a talk with Honda Insurance Rep regarding this. They were telling smooth process regarding claiming. This is a rough list i have.
Thanks for the info buddy. I will keep this in my check list for my renewal to upgrade.

You are right its very dynamic. It depends on particular trip, we can't consider it as actual value. How about you, did avg millege and what you calculated came close?
I would say there was a difference of +1 to +2 KMpl atleast than what it shows during my next refill. This stuff works like crazy and i left breaking my head on it.

Honda Fabric seat cover is quite expensive 7 or 8k, i think so. I may go for fabric rather than art leather.
There will be sudden offers from Honda to clear the stock and thats the right time to purchase them. I am still waiting for my SE's call once it comes up. But, it usually takes some time.

I made second call to my dealer regarding this and they stick to premium petrol . I have also read about issues regarding additives. But i'm not quite sure which to choose. Currently Going with what dealer specified for now. I will check again during my first service.
Thats what my dealer (Sales team) also said. But the same dealership's Service team personally advised me not to go. If you are going for premium, then better go for shell.

Top Bottom