My New Honda Jazz in Urban Titanium

Hi Jazzy !!!!

Congratulation for your new hot jazz.. You saw you are from kolkata and bought the same from pinnacle. Also i ve booked same version from pinnacle on 8th oct2011. till not delivered. 1st committed to deliver on dec then committed on jan end. now they are committing to deliver by march any how. my SE name is Arijit. do you have any upper contact in pinnacle to know correct info for delivery.

what offer they given to you ? they are giving me only 5K off for corporate booking offer.

once again. its' beautiful car u have. also it's my one of dream. I think i can fulfill my dream soon :-(

sandy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #18
Sandy, I din't get any discount per se, just the deduction of NCB from the transfer of insurance of my previous car. Honda still hasn't recovered from the Thai plant destruction. I spoke to the senior sales guy day before as my friend was interested to buy the Jazz too he told me that if he books now, he will have to wait for 6-7months[surprise].
Theres a lot of que as there has been hardly any cancellation of orders at least in Pinnacle. I shall speak to him & get back to you regarding your booking surely.
Moreover, theres a saying "sabar ka phal meetha hota hai", so hang on friend, the wait shall be worth it. This is a class product!

There were a couple of instances I would like to narrate-
Recently, I went to install my film & seat covers, so the dealer told me to go for beige. I said I might go for black.He replied saying, "Sir, this is a premium car, Honda's given you a premium look in the beige seats, why do you want to change it? Black might go with other cars like an i10,wagon R, etc etc but not Jazz for sure". His views may be questionable, but I liked the innocense with which he presented his case!

Another dealer once told me that there are 3 cars in the market which are most popular with modifiers- civic, swift & jazz. In thailand probably, 75% of Jazz's are modified!

Anyways, Hope you get your baby soon...

Cheers

Jazzy

Ouch. That’s a very poor resale value for Logan. Did you sell it off to an individual or a dealer? BTW, You have awesome tints on Jazz. Great choice. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z
350Z, I sold it to an individual throught the wesite Quikr Classifieds: Post Free Classifieds Ads, Search Free Classified Ads online | Free Classified Advertisement on Quikr Classifieds. The car had done 23000kms & was 3.5years old.

Thanks for the compliments [:)]

Cheers
Jazzy

Suresh- Thanks a lot buddy

Brandoo: Yes I was praying for the Michelines, as I know they give MRFs too. Dealer had told me he can't guarantee it, but as luck woul have it, I got the supercool Michelins [:D]
And yes Im planning to get rid of the steering cover & instead ask the dealer to install the Chrome Jazz strips on the door footplates!!!

Cheers
Jazzy

Many many congratulations on the ride! Interiors look great in beige [:)]
I also prefer Jazz in this color or red!
Well, you are bang on right, even my family was divided between these two colours but in the end I opted for UT for a more corporate look to suit my lifestyle.

Cheers

Jazzy

Thread Starter #19
Hi Again,

I had undertaken a road trip to Shantiniketan (the birthplace of Rabindranath Tagore) on the 30th of Dec 2011 in my new Jazz. We were 5 adults packed to the brim with luggage which the Jazz gulped in with ease. The total distance was about 400kms to & fro from kolkata.

I was a little cautious as this was going to be my first highway outing & that too before first service. the Honda guys told me not to take it above 100. We set off on a cold winter morning after checking the tyre pressure & filling up. The road leading to the NH2 (kolkata-delhi) highway was fine as there was no real traffic. In no time we hit the NH2.

That's from where the real fun started. As the road was smooth, we could hardly feel we were on road. Trust me guys, the whole car just feel silent-too silent in fifth gear, cruising at 70 odd. It seemed as if the road was moving & we were still. It is true Jazz has a stiff ride & one does feel the suspension working hard on poor roads, but phew, on crisp highways its like magic. I soon settled into a cruise control mode at around 95km/hr & was careful not to cross 100 too often.

Our first stop was at Shaktigarh(85kms) to devour some 'lengchas' (sweets) & we moved on to reach early. The FE meter was showing about 16+ which was incredible as we had the AC on & with a full load.

Soon we had to turn off the main highway & head into the state highway which was quite poor in cetain stretches to say the least. This is where one of Jazz's main deficiencies came forward. Inspite of driving very carefully, I couldn't avoid scraping the underbelly twice on the way up & thrice on the way back. Believe me, I was careful- these were simply unavoidable! There were 2 instances wherein I requested my family members to actually disembark so that I could cross a mamoth speedbreaker(more of a car breaker). But then, on hindsight, I feel most of our hatches would have had a hard time on these sort of roads. The villagers also added to my sweat, by placing haystacks on the road, completely hiding the surface. I was left grimacing most of the time. A journey which shouldn't take more than 3 hours took 4 hours while reaching & 5hours while returning due to the traffic jams enroute to entering kolkata.

POSITIVES: Excellent smooth ride. Very good highway manners. Disc brakes help a lot along with ABS & EBD. FE is excellent if you can drive properly. Luggage for 5 adults went in easily. I also feel Jazz's audio system is a bit underrated- it's a great performer too.

NEGATIVES-Ground clearance is an issue when fully loaded. Low end torque poor so need to change gears frequently in heavy traffic. Front bumper corners are difficult to see, so parking in tight spaces need accuracy & help from the attendent if possible(may not be an issue in Jazz X due to the driver seat height adjust).

Cheers

Jazzy
PS: The pic is that of a multi functional tool. It serves as a torch, a beacon for emergency, can be used to cut your seatbelt in case you are stuck & break the glass if you can't get out!!! Cool eh?!!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #20
Hi Jazzy !!!!

Also i ve booked same version from pinnacle on 8th oct2011. till not delivered. 1st committed to deliver on dec then committed on jan end. now they are committing to deliver by march any how. my SE name is Arijit. do you have any upper contact in pinnacle to know correct info for delivery.

sandy
Dear Sandy, I have spoken to the senior SE at Pinnacle, he has confirmed that your name is featuring in the delivery schedule for the month of March 2012. They will be able to confirm the exact delivery date on the 2nd of March 2012. Moreover, he has also requested you to give a 2nd colour option just in case.

Cheers

Jazzy

Jazzy : Stunning pictures..!!!! could you please post more pictures. Also please let us know the separate cost break up for Garware sun films(ice cool shield up front & HP35 on the sides) ?

Dear Sandy, I have spoken to the senior SE at Pinnacle, he has confirmed that your name is featuring in the delivery schedule for the month of March 2012. They will be able to confirm the exact delivery date on the 2nd of March 2012. Moreover, he has also requested you to give a 2nd colour option just in case.

Cheers

Jazzy
Thanks a ton Bro, actually it was suppose to deliver on 28th Jan (my anniversary) but somehow it didn't happen [cry]

Yes my SE asked for next color but I told him that I will choose only UT [;)] bcoz I've already set my dream fulfilled by coming days[;)]. thanx again. so nice of you.

I've told SE to inform at least 15 days earlier so that I can start my loan activity & sell my old car (maruti 800). by the way if u have any contact who wanna buy old maruti can inform me (2002 model 800 stnrd - only run 12500 km.. FE 14-15 in city)

what's ur avrg FE right now in city.

also I've spoken with one car modification shop regarding sun film and parking sensor. he quoted me 3500 for parking, 8500 for parking with cam & 2999 for sun film starting.

sandy

JAzzy > from where u have bought sun film !! How is "marks n glix"..this modifying shop is very near to my house...

Can you take a photo of the visibility through the front windshield , during day time and if possible in night too [;)] Just to show it to my Dad . He says front sun film is unnecessary .

That's a nice colour for the Jazz.[thumbsup]

What was the price of the sun film and the seat cover?

The price that you have mentioned for Logan makes it a real VFM proposition in the used car market.

Hi Jazzy, first of all a big congratss [:)]

Your car looks awesome with those Sun control films. I really liked it.

Regarding the interiors, I would seriously suggest you to remove that steering cover. The color does not gel with the interiors. Actually, the cover is not at all required. Just my opinion. And secondly, those white floor mats. You better not use it now, if its not rainy there now. You better use it during the rainy season. The white mats are spoiling the looks of the interiors[cry].

Could you please put up more photos of your car, especially the glass areas. I really want to have a closer look at your sun films. I want to check if it matches well with my white beauty[;)]. And please do mention the cost of tinting.

Regarding the interiors, I would seriously suggest you to remove that steering cover. The color does not gel with the interiors. Actually, the cover is not at all required. Just my opinion. And secondly, those white floor mats. You better not use it now, if its not rainy there now. You better use it during the rainy season. The white mats are spoiling the looks of the interiors[cry].

Could you please put up more photos of your car, especially the glass areas. I really want to have a closer look at your sun films. I want to check if it matches well with my white beauty[;)]. And please do mention the cost of tinting.
+1

I also would like to know about the same

Thread Starter #27

PFA a list of photos both from inside & outside. Hope the clarity's fine. The sunfilm was from Garware. Up front its Ice cool Shield costed 2900bucks & HP35 from garware on the sides, costing 3500 bucks.

Cheers

Jazzy

Attachments

Thread Starter #28
That's a nice colour for the Jazz.[thumbsup]

What was the price of the sun film and the seat cover?

The price that you have mentioned for Logan makes it a real VFM proposition in the used car market.
The seat cover costed 5500 bucks & he gave me the steering cover free (which I will change to black soon). Yes, Logan is a sturdy vehicle & won't give you much problem & can take a lot of abuse. The guy who bought it from me is very happy.

Cheers

Jazzy

Thread Starter #29
what's ur avrg FE right now in city.

also I've spoken with one car modification shop regarding sun film and parking sensor. he quoted me 3500 for parking, 8500 for parking with cam & 2999 for sun film starting.

sandy

JAzzy > from where u have bought sun film !! How is "marks n glix"..this modifying shop is very near to my house...
Sandy, No issues I'm always willing to help a fellow petrolhead![:D]
Sunfilms prices vary from brand to brand. You won't get 3M in kolkata,I've searched in most of the renowned places. I'm satisfied with garware. You can opt for vkool or lumar but will end up paying more. I opted for the best that Garware could offer. SImilar quality inlumar or vkool would cost even more. So its your choice ultimately.

Currently Im getting around 13km/lt in kolkata without ac in traffic. I went to Shantiniketan on 31st dec & got about 16+ with full load.

In Kolkata you may contact Glix in saltlake, Wheels in Purna Das Road, Rix in Shakespeare Sarani, Auto Junction in Harish Mukherjee Road(this is where i got it done from ultimately) or Jhonson near Lake Market.

Parking Sensors are of various types, the basic ones may cost 2k-3k but the best is the one with nightvision camera. 'Wheels' had given me an offer of 5k for it. Seat Covers 3500-6500 & sunfilm all around will be at least 6500.

Cheers

Jazzy

Thanks for the pics Jazzy[:)]

I didnt know the films would cost this much[surprise]. I would also like to see hows the visibility at night. Is there any particular name or code for this particular shade?

Top Bottom