My New Honda Jazz in Urban Titanium

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks,

In the year 2008, I had purchased my first car a Mahindra Logan 1.4 GLE. It was a nice car no doubt & never gave me any trouble. But I kept having certain thoughts in my mind that I should have a car which will appeal to my heart. This thought gave birth to the idea of owning a premium Brand. I started looking out & TD the polo, fabia & jazz. Between the three Jazz was the obvious choice on account of the following parameters: leg/head/boot space, the best 1.2 pot in the market, stunning looks after the cosmetic upgrade & decent VFM with the new prices.

I bought it from Pinnacle Honda, Kolkata on the 7th of December 2011. Pictures as under:

Cheers

Jazzy

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: My New Honda Jazz

Guys,
I recently installed Garware sun films(ice cool shield up front & HP35 on the sides) on my car & got art leather seat covers too(after consulting on this forum). Please give your frank opinions on how the looks have changed on my car (all brickkbats are welcome):

Cheers

Jazzy

Attachments

350Z

Core Team

Honda Jazz is sizzling in that colour. Congrats! Do tell us more about the buying and ownership experience until now. Not to mention, more pictures too. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good car. Slightly weak low end torque but very good to drive in the mid range what with that extremely smooth and free revving engine. And being a Honda, it will outlive you. If I am not mistaken this colour is called Urban Titanium. Looks nice. Nicely done interiors but please get rid of that hideous looking steering cover - even though it matches the colour of the upholstery, it is sticking out like a sore thumb. Go for a plain jane black steering cover. How long did you have to wait for the car? What was the final OTR Calcutta? Any freebies with the car? Waiting for the buying experience and the detailed ownership feedback. All the best ! Jazzes are rare now-a-days doe to Thailand floods.

Glad to see another Jazz ownership, that too after a long time [:)] . UT looks awesome. Do put up more pictures. As sam mentioned , the steering cover looks awkward . Without the cover, the steering wheel looks superb. Regarding the tint, the front film wont hamper visibility at night ?[:)]

Last edited:

Congratulations and indeed a very good choice as a petrol hatch.
Ill look forward to a more detail review.

Since you asked about the looks of the aftermarket fitments - i think the seat looks nice and contrasting the black console(a little flashy as its new but heck), but the steering cover and beige mat dont go well - i think you need to have those in black to ensure symmetric visuals.[:)] - offcourse these are a matter of personal choice.

Thread Starter #7
Guys,
Thanks to all of you for your frank feedbacks. Yes, I ain't happy with the steering cover, as I had ordered one in Black but had to settle for this but the dealer has promised to change it to black if I don't like it. The front tint is about 10% darker than normal glass while driving at night.

Cheers
Jazzy

How long did you have to wait for the car? What was the final OTR Calcutta? Any freebies with the car? Waiting for the buying experience and the detailed ownership feedback. All the best ! Jazzes are rare now-a-days doe to Thailand floods.
Well I booked in the last week of August & I consider myself very lucky indeed to have got it on the 7th of Dec 2011. The OTR price came to Rs.6.25 lacs for me as I got the NCB transferred from my previous car. In fact I got Rs.1.90 lacs in lieu of the sale of Logan. So if you think, I got the Jazz @ 4.35lacs[;)]

I got the official Honda car cover & a perfume free along with the car. And I actually love the fact as you mentioned, that Jazzes are rare, that sets it apart from the run of the mill.

Cheers

Jazzy
PS: Detailed report & more pics to follow

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats and welcome to TAI.Nice car and the color is one of the best one.Jazz is a car with a comfort zone for sitting in rear seat.How is your initial thought ofyour car.Do share few more picture of Jazz.

Thread Starter #10

Only Rs 1.9 lakh for a 2008 model Logan??? [surprise]
Well as you may be knowing Logan doesn't exist anymore. It's Verito now, with renault pulling out from the JV. So the market value has dropped considerably. In fact I was getting quotes of upto a max of Rs.1.50 lakhs from Mahindra Dealerships & Mahindra First Choice. Being a petrol sedan & an outdated one this is the best that I could manage that too from an online website :)

Cheers

jazzy

Congtrats on your new ride. The car is looking Excellent with those Sun films.
Can you mention the cost separately for front and others.
in the appearance is it resembling with 3M RE series?
and can you tell me the visibility %. I am also planning to put sun films for my city.

And this is one of the best looking jazz I have seen

Its raining Jazz in TAI, and needless to say, its looking great in UT. How about getting a lip spoiler for your car, i am sure it will look great on Jazz.

And yes, even i didnt like that steering cover.

Congratulations for "The Beauty". [cheers]

Rubbers are Micheline 175/65/R15 as stock are pretty good.
Seat covers as nice but as point already get ride of steering cover and get a black leather cover which would cost you around 400-450 will look good.

I always loved Jazz but then atrocious price. New price tag has made Jazz a true VFM for what is offers,super smooth, peppy reliable honda engine, space which will put sedan to shame, huge boot with magic seats which offers split and folding both and good city Mileage.

350Z

Core Team

Well as you may be knowing Logan doesn't exist anymore. It's Verito now, with renault pulling out from the JV. So the market value has dropped considerably. In fact I was getting quotes of upto a max of Rs.1.50 lakhs from Mahindra Dealerships & Mahindra First Choice. Being a petrol sedan & an outdated one this is the best that I could manage that too from an online website :)

Cheers

jazzy
Ouch. That’s a very poor resale value for Logan. Did you sell it off to an individual or a dealer? BTW, You have awesome tints on Jazz. Great choice. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom