My New Honda Jazz 2012

Thread Starter #31
@Sandyblr
Congrats and welcome to the jazz club,i suggest you to buy Polco dupont tyvek cover its fits perfectly not skin tight like the jazz cover.It also won't scratch the car.

Also what are the exact documents you got for your jazz.

my jazz xmt bought from dakshin honda had the insurance declared value at at 90% of exshowroom,is it correct

Also in the invoice, at the bottom of the page where its mentioned "On-road price" they have actually printed the cost of exshowroom ,is it correct.
@aim

How much does Polco dupont tyvek cover costs.
The documents I got for jazz is : Tax Invoice, Handling Charges, Insurance, Road tax and Insurance Charges, RTO Road Tax

Still havent recieved the RC as it will be posted by RTO within a month.

Well i got it from car studio For Rs2900 there was a 10% off offer at just a 2 week back it now cost 3300.Supposidly reliance autozone will also get them in stock,currently the B++ size was out of stock 2 weeks ago.Price is around 3190 if i remember seeing in their system.
I first bought the honda oem cover but its looks like its designed for pre facelift jazz,the newer jazz have a different bumpers,so the cover is a bit short on the front and but surprisingly even on the sides.

But Dupont tyvek B++ size is amazing very easy to remove and coves the entire car very comfortable on the car and it looks more premium,doesn't scratch the paint.
It however doesn't have the place for the antenna so you have to detach it,i have first put the Dupont tyvek and then upon that the silver honda cover(for rainy days) which is also made by polco.

I got a debit note for Road tax and insurance ,Debit note for handling charges ,this was sent to me only after more then a month after the purchase of the car ,that too only after i gave a very low dealer rating when J.D power called for feedback.

Shortwhile after honda called and was followed by a barrage of calls from dakshin honda,they soon couried the debite note for road tax and insurance ,handling charges but even then it had a typo of the name .
But in the tax invoice its mentioned On-road price has Rs637947 is it correct.

Thread Starter #33
Thank you aim. Even mine shows the ex-showroom price as On road price in the Tax Invoice. Shall check with them this week end.

Hi Sandy,
How does the rear seat recline? Is there a handle like the front seats? Searched on the Internet, but not much apart from that they recline.

Let us know.

Hi Sandy,
How does the rear seat recline? Is there a handle like the front seats? Searched on the Internet, but not much apart from that they recline.

Let us know.

Hi Sandy, i am planning to book Jazz, as its being my fav car . wanted to know about the low end torque .
1.how is the performance of jazz on highway and in city
2.mileage in both situations.

Thread Starter #38
Hi Sandy, i am planning to book Jazz, as its being my fav car . wanted to know about the low end torque .
Hi Deepsraven, I have just driven my jazz about 100 kms and within city. Couldn't take it on a highway. Busy for another week or two. I do not have much experience to drive in Highways. Just started getting used to driving in city.

Any of our TAI members who are using the Jazz for long time can answer your queries. [:)]

Hi Deepsraven,
The Jazz does indeed suffer from lack of low end torque. One needs to use the gears effectively to avoid getting bogged down. It's like a turbo lag in diesel cars especially gets accentuated if you have a full load with ac on. But once past 1300rpm its flowing freely.
Mileage currently its 11.5-12 for me with ac in kolkata traffic (which is quite bad in the evenings). I had been on a 500+kms highway ride & got around 18km/lt with ac & 70% load. And mind you I was doing speeds of around 120 generally & touched 150 a couple of times.
In city flyovers you will simply love revving this silky smooth engine to its redline at 6500 rpm & trust me Ive gone upto 6000- theres no apering off on power front....you will leave the crowd behind :)
check my reports in this forum for details

Thread Starter #41
Hi Deepsraven,
The Jazz does indeed suffer from lack of low end torque. One needs to use the gears effectively to avoid getting bogged down. It's like a turbo lag in diesel cars especially gets accentuated if you have a full load with ac on. But once past 1300rpm its flowing freely.
Mileage currently its 11.5-12 for me with ac in kolkata traffic (which is quite bad in the evenings). I had been on a 500+kms highway ride & got around 18km/lt with ac & 70% load. And mind you I was doing speeds of around 120 generally & touched 150 a couple of times.
In city flyovers you will simply love revving this silky smooth engine to its redline at 6500 rpm & trust me Ive gone upto 6000- theres no apering off on power front....you will leave the crowd behind :)
check my reports in this forum for details
Thanks for the reply Jazzy. You are the right person to reach out for queries about jazz. I will contact you for any queries regarding Jazz. [;)]

Thanks Jazzy. good info indeed. mileage is more or less almost like other hatch's . cant expect more though. waiting for any news of Diesel mill on jazz.

Thread Starter #43
Hello Everyone, I am planning to buy Mats for my Jazz. Called Hot tracks in Bangalore for 3d Kagu mats. They do not have custom fit mats for Jazz 2012 model. Expecting to get it in July. Will try in any other shops this weekend. Can anyone suggest good mats for Jazz.

3D mats from Kagu that fit the jazz sold in india are not available,the one which hot tracks has is for the 1st gen jazz which was not launched in india.
It will take around 40 days more for their order of 300 to be shipped to india,they actually tested the mats in my jazz.They also imported the 2nd generation jazz driver side mat but that turned out to be for the automatic transmission.

There are however 3d mats from a different company,you can check out here HONDA Jazz Star Mats,Buy HONDA Jazz Mats,Jazz Car Floor Mats Suppliers in Delhi India but unless you put them in your car ,one cannot say for sure whether its a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
3D mats from Kagu that fit the jazz sold in india are not available,the one which hot tracks has is for the 1st gen jazz which was not launched in india.
It will take around 40 days more for their order of 300 to be shipped to india,they actually tested the mats in my jazz.They also imported the 2nd generation jazz driver side mat but that turned out to be for the automatic transmission.

There are however 3d mats from a different company,you can check out here HONDA Jazz Star Mats,Buy HONDA Jazz Mats,Jazz Car Floor Mats Suppliers in Delhi India but unless you put them in your car ,one cannot say for sure whether its a perfect fit.
Thank you very much for the reply. I shall wait untill they are available in shops in Bangalore. Do not want to order online as I cannot check if it fits correctly.

Top Bottom