My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Had one more doubt. Ours is a S AT variant. It doesn't come with the auto fold ORVM. However, I can't even fold the mirrors manually when the car is parked. Is that right...do the lower variants not even get manually fold able ORVM's?

Hi Dr,
I am back to India after 5 years and I am planning to keep my car(same as yours). Car was with my brother who didnt use at all, only taking to quick spin for short rides every month to keep it running and did service 3 times in 5 years period. Car has nearly 35k km in odometer in 10 years. Before I visit to service center I wanted to see what advice you will have for me. I am planning to change tires, rotors, discpad/breakpad, engine oil. I will surely check manual but any thoughts of yours?

Thread Starter #2,016

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hi Dr,
I am back to India after 5 years and I am planning to keep my car(same as yours). Car was with my brother who didnt use at all, only taking to quick spin for short rides every month to keep it running and did service 3 times in 5 years period. Car has nearly 35k km in odometer in 10 years. Before I visit to service center I wanted to see what advice you will have for me. I am planning to change tires, rotors, discpad/breakpad, engine oil. I will surely check manual but any thoughts of yours?

It's very nice of you, you thought of me.

I am now with my daughter travelling across Australia and would be back home by third week of April.

May be It's better & necessary to replace all the lubricants and fluids.

All well said by you , and I am sure Honda city car will never let us down.

Have nice time with your Honda City.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hi Dr,
The first thing I'd replace will be the car battery if you have trouble starting the car. You can change the engine oil, oil filter , air filter. Get the throttle body and injectors cleaned. Most of the time service people will use just normal spray to clean it. The real benefit will be opening the assembly and getting it cleaned which any FNG can do. Don't think there's any need for brake pads and discs change if there is no noise coming or the steering isn't vibrating when brakes are applied.

Last edited:
Thank you, I missed earlier post about Albus and I know why you did it and I feel sad too but this thread is and will be bible for Honda city.

The first thing I'd replace will be the car battery if you have trouble starting the car. You can change the engine oil, oil filter , air filter. Get the throttle body and injectors cleaned. Most of the time service people will use just normal spray to clean it. The real benefit will be opening the assembly and getting it cleaned which any FNG can do. Don't think there's any need for brake pads and discs change if there is no noise coming or the steering isn't vibrating when brakes a applied.
Thank you, Battery was changed bcoz it was giving us trouble some time back. Breaks and discs were never changed in 10 years and they work fine it just of piece of mind to know as we will be travelling litter far from city.

Great suggestion for throttle body and injector cleaned. I will surely do that.

Thank you.

Tried to fit a reverse camera in dad's city at a local accessories store. The car came with the caska unit when we got it.

For some reason we couldn't find the reverse switch for the camera and had to give up on the whole deal.

Has someone here fit the reverse camera into the Caska head unit successfully?

Thread Starter #2,025

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Ghost5581

Thank you for visiting my thread. I have not used CASKA make HEAD UNIT but a similar type with the same WIN CE operating system. REFER.

However, my online analysis to help you found the following information. I understand, the AV INPUT in Multifunctional area is used for connecting reverse camera.

Kindly check the following:

CASKA MANUAL
CASKA REAR CONNECTIONS
YOUTUBE VIDEO - WhatsApp this person to get help.

AND:

Clip.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

Other forum members, Please suggest.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Top Bottom