My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,997

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
HOME MADE BATTERY CHARGER & THE SUCCESS STORY

My ALBUS refused to start two days before (of course, first time ever!) and the Battery Voltmeter showed 10.8 Volt on load in the Car.

Felt very bad, talked to ALBUS for not letting me down. Yes, I revived the battery by my DIY, which I would like to share with you.

Please read @ Guide: How To Make Your Car Battery Go On & On!

Thread Starter #2,000

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
MY ALBUS .. IT'S A TIME TO SAY GOODBYE!

It is time to say goodbye to my dear ALBUS painfully, not because he is old but because I am becoming old.
As after my leg surgery, it is difficult for me to use clutch, my wife and I looking forward to go for a small, automatic car.
I am utilizing the TAI Auto Shopper platform and given there a complete profile about the car.
IT IS A TIME TO SAY GOODBYE TO MY ALBUS, ANHC 2012 FACE LIFT!
If anyone is seriously looking for a Honda City Facelift version that is all most new and with a flawless record may message me personally.
Thanks and Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #2,001

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALBUS WITH A NEW OWNER

ALBUS left me and gone to a new owner. He is a soft spoken, CA student from my home District, got my blessings and promised to take care.
I could not sleep few days and tears emerged every thought of my ALBUS. I consoled myself, remembering my age and maturity.

ALBUS HONDA CITY.jpg

Thread Starter #2,002

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
EPILOGUE: Saying Goodbye to ALBUS!

Life is a book of pages…

Every one page is of moments and magic. It is not that every page will make us to turn it back and read to it again & again.

Honestly, I am thrilled to read this ownership thread in TAI, and it really makes me so much surprised to know my potentiality that triggered by fellow forum members. I am grateful to all those who travelled with me in this exciting journey.

ALBUS - You and I have been through a lot together.

You will always be part of my favorite memories.

I am NOT excited for a new change, I am sad to say goodbye to you and am glad I went through so much with you by my side.

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

However, you will always be MY BEST CAR.

So, for the last time: goodbye and thank you for every single one of the 3,160 days we spent together.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Life is a book of pages…

However, you will always be MY BEST CAR.

So, for the last time: goodbye and thank you....
Sir, It took a lot of courage for me to even write a few lines here. Your CITY holds deep respect in my heart and a special place in my heart. It was because of this car that I browsed TAI before joining. Your review was a guide for many like me and shall remain so for the longest time. The Albus, was like a distant guide for me to understand what car modification is all about. What you have gone through and are feeling presently, same was in my case. The day I got the Nexon in 2018, that very day the last string of attachment with my CITY ended. I did not know whether to celebrate the new car or to remember my CITY.

The memories of this car will always be cherished be my as well and I wish if ever god gives me a chance to own a CITY Ivtec, I will not go for the new one, Instead, will buy a pre-owned one of either 2011 or your 2012 spec and keep it with me. Even if it requires me not to drive it post the valid road period, I'll still keep it and name it (ALBUS) with your permission Sir. This will be a tribute to ALBUS and a personal homage to you and your invaluable contribution for TAI.

Keep us all blessed with your informative posts. It is seniors of TAI like YOU, @Nairrk @gearhead2 @J.Ravi who hold us together. We look up to you all for your matured perspective of life & learning.

Regards
Akash

Thread Starter #2,006

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
He's the best car in this forum doctor sir.
Thanks for the endearing words.

I'll still keep it and name it (ALBUS) with your permission Sir. This will be a tribute to ALBUS and a personal homage to you
I could drown into the ocean of your affection; my ALBUS and I are really honored.

I thought You'll never part with this beast but keep it as a Vintage. A sign of lasting Friendship.
True, I even thought of it, but my home portico space not enough to keep safe of two cars. Thanks.

Bidding adieu to the most cherished property of me brings tears to the eyes since; it was never treated as an inanimate thing. Hope, the time will heal my wounds.

Ps:
I am grateful to every one of you who could feel my emotions, followed me, read the entire thread from prologue to epilogue.

Sri. GOWRI SHANKAR with whom the ALBUS lives now has also joined our forum; hope, to hear more of ALBUS from him.

I have not bought a next car on my name, but on my wife’s name who promised and started to learn driving to fulfill one of my dream on her since marriage. We brought a new IGNIS ZETA 2021 AGS and, soon I shall start sharing a Ownership Review – THE CARS OF MY LIFE – IGNIS 2021 .

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Doc for the exhaustive thread. Yours and few other beautiful threads on Indian automotive forums finally made me go and pick up a used 2013 Honda City S AT for my dad last month. I have been a through and through bike guy all these years yet even I have started driving these days (the fact that it's an automatic makes it a lot easier for me).

I am in the process of purchasing a few things to spruce up the car (already added a dual channel dashcam and brighter headlights..plan to get TPMS, Rogerab coil spring adjusters and new tyres next week or so). I would like to know if you could help me with one doubt that I have. The current IRVM in this car is stained and I plan to remove it and try and fix an auto dimming IRVM.

I can't purchase stuff from Ali express anymore so I will be placing the order on boodmo for the 4th gen Honda City Auto dimming IRVM and try and experiment with that. However, before I do all this I need to be able to remove the current IRVM from it's roof mount. I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can anyone here provide suggestions.

Thread Starter #2,009

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
However, before I do all this I need to be able to remove the current IRVM from it's roof mount. I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can anyone here provide suggestions.
Dear Jithin Ramesh
Welcome to TAI and thanks for reading our threads.
Please read these postings, hope that it would help you.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Dear Jithin Ramesh
Welcome to TAI and thanks for reading our threads.
Please read these postings, hope that it would help you.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks Doc. These posts talk about the appropriate bracket type to choose while purchasing an after market auto dimming rear view mirror. They definitely help.

Meanwhile, found this video on Youtube that tells how we can remove the IRVM in a Honda City (the video was actually for a Honda Civic but our setup looks the same).

Honda Civic IRVM Removal

I wish we still had access to Aliexpress, then I wouldn't have to rack my brains to get the right product. As of now, I plan to get the IRVM used in Honda City 4th gen and try and get that to work in the 3rd gen model.

Top Bottom