My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@ Carma
Variety Auto Accessories (K.G. Plaza, 41 & 42, K.G Plaza, General Patters Rd, Chennai, Tamil Nadu Phone: 044 2860 2706 / 42630144 )
Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks a lot Sir.
I had ordered Marcus on Flipkart. Now cancelled it. Shall visit Variety auto soon.

MAGIZHCHI[:)]

Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,547

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

Dr MUDHAN.jpg

PART: C (100)

MY ALBUS: NEW SHARKFIN ANTENNA

Sharkfin Antenna1.jpg

Recently, I purchased a new shark fin antenna to make my ALBUS to look on par with 4th Gen ANHC.
I give my observations here and also what all I did to make it perfect.​

OLD ONE: Newest design special car With blank radio shark fin antenna signal shark fin with 3M adhesive for VW polo Bora-in Aerials from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

PROS: Branded (ANGENA), excellent finish, Thick shell, Excellent Reception (Even some AM bands I could receive clearly)
CONS: Internals – made out of metal spring and copper wire, look crude; Base is not curved, shorter design but Ok to get placed. Paid @13 dollars

NEW ONE: Car shark fin antenna FM Radio Signal Plus for Cadillac/VW /Ford /chevrolet/Nissan/Peugeot/Toyota/lexus/Honda/KIA/Hyundai/buick-in Aerials from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

PROS: Branded (SANHOO), Very Good finish, Base is curved -sits properly, longer design- almost looks like OE, and internals look premium, Good Reception, Cheap @ 7.35 dollars
CONS: Thin shell (May be good to receive signals), AM bands are weak (Seller has indicated this), leaves an opinion to a consumer like me that it is weaker than the one I purchased earlier.

As I wanted the new one to work still better, I removed the internals from old one to add the same in place of the new one for better reception if possible. But, I did not do it as the new one picked up and started working equally well.

Recommendations:

This new antenna what I and CRACING purchased is good and value for money. If you are in weak FM zone or keen on other Radio Bands like AM stations, you have to go with the OE (Rubber_Ducky_Antenna) only or ready to make some homemade modifications.
Debugging is important / test before you stick this antenna on the car roof, when the signal is fine and then paste it.
If your car is not an ANHC, please choose and order the rightly designed base for the car roof – Curved of Flat type.

Recommended for reading before you purchase:

SHARK FIN ANTENNA ISSUES
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-50.html#post408061
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-51.html#post409497
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-74.html#post454595
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...my-new-honda-city-white-albus.html#post360142
SHARK FIN ANTENNA SOLUTION
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-87.html#post483327

Sharkfin Antenna2.jpg
Sharkfin Antenna3.jpg
Sharkfin Antenna4.jpg

NOTE:
I even thought of making my own internal spring and wire to put into the new one to make it better,but later I found out antenna spring is not just a spring and it is a science. The quality of the reception is based on lambda (wavelength), OR f (frequency) (m) OR (MHz) and it in turn depends up on the design of spring - D (Diameter)(cms) / Z (Characteristic Impedance)(Ohms) / G (Antenna Gain)(dBi).
Sharkfin Antenna5.jpg

…he he… stopped exploring further as the New Antenna started performing well to my satisfaction.​

Hello Friends,

Today I have noticed that Honda has again recalled for Airbag Inflator replacement for City, Jazz, Civic , Accord & CR-V models. It says previous gen but no mention about model year. Previously they had replaced driver side airbag inflator and now they are replacing passenger side.

The announcement was made on 14th July but I saw it today in the Honda Car India website. I have checked my vehicle chassis no and its due for replacement. Will make a call to service center this week to confirm stock and if its available, will get the inflator replaced. Process should take long because I think the whole dashboard will be removed to access passenger side airbag inflator.

To Honda car owners: Please enter your vehicle chassis no here and if its applicable for recall, take appointment and get the job done asap. Ignore if already done or not applicable.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
The link to check the necessity of replacement of passenger side airbag inflator (a PUD) was active on Honda site on 15 July itself. My car (2009 made) was under recall and I registered my car for the same (through website link itself) indicating the preferred service center. However never got call till yesterday when the service center called me to remind the due service (of 1,00,000 km [:)]). I raised the issue of recall and the caller agreed to do the inflator replacement along with regular service on coming saturday. The driver side inflator is already changed in last december during 90,000 km service. Actually I was not aware of that PUD and my service adviser himself suggested for it that time.

Last edited:
@dr.Munendra

Yes sir, it was announced on 14 July but I noticed it today so got late to remind here. :tongue:

Also I didn't expected another airbag inflator replacement recall because when my car driver side inflator got replaced few months ago, service adviser said only driver side airbag inflator is faulty. I thought he was right otherwise Honda would have replaced both.

My car service is also due (60k) and I will get it done on 5th (Friday). Today evening I called to service center receptionist and she said we have not received passenger side airbag inflator yet but incase they do, replacement will be performed or I'll have to visit again. [roll]

Last edited:
@ HaruH

The spirit also dis-infects instruments like thermometers and other surgical equipment.

What I got from the Chennai auto paint seller is little, 50 ml quantity of Taffeta White (matching my color) mixed with thinner and ready to use. I did not add anything more like THINNER (the thickness/ consistency reducer or HARDENER (the catalytic drying enhancer). The price quoted to you is on the higher side and the mixing by ourselves (4 part paint: 1 part thinner or 3:1 depends upon the weather) may not be required for people like us. Ask the shop to give a mix ready to use and buy as for as possible lower quantity. The balance paint for future use, should be kept in the fridge or otherwise it will dry and become unusable. Better to keep in a glass bottle if possible.

Please check up some more shops & decide.

FYI: Thinners are different - Spirit Based Thinners, N C Thinner and Enamel Thinner. There are other thinners mixed with kerosene, turpentine for different purpose; one should be careful in buying the reputed original brand like SHEENLAC NC thinner etc..
NC thinner is a multipurpose thinner, have a nail polish smell, clear and dissolve well, dry up the paint on evaporation.
Doctor,
very sorry to disturb you. but i got my first scratch and am deeply pained. could you suggest good auto paint shop in Chennai.
Thanks in advance.

@ Carma
Our friends / forum members at Chennai can also suggest, please.
Thanks a lot Sir.
I have gone through the index many times.
Infact I was inspired by your scratch repair technique on page 17, and wanted to try it out myself.
I bought surgical spirit and cleaned up the scratch as you had done.
Now I would like to touch up the area with paint.
On page 17 you said that you got premixed tafetta white colour for your albus.
I thought If I could get such a premixed paint I can go ahead with the touch up.
Sorry for the lack of clarity in my earlier post.

Thread Starter #1,554

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Carma
No problem. My friend purchased the paint from a shop named M/s Dhanalakshmi Hardware near Power House, Kodambakkam, Chennai.
You can buy a matching shade as I suggested in my earlier post.
Still I suggest you to take to ASS Dealer if it is just touch up and they will do free of cost.
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Hello!
Although registered on TAI today, have been an avid reader of this thread for months. Very enriching for not just an ANHC owner; but other car lovers as well.

Today I ordered a shark fin antenna from Sanhoo as shared above; the curve is desirable.
I plan to order electromagnetic reverse parking sensors like in the link below; mainly to avoid any drilling into the bumper. Anybody with experience in using this type of reverse sensor?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Electromagnetic-Auto-Car-Parking-Reversing-Reverse-Backup-Radar-Sensor/32636478829.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10057_10056_10055_10049_10017_10059_10058_10060_10061_10062_412_10063,searchweb201603_6&btsid=979b97b2-15fb-4546-a537-c11c9c3fd17c

Hello!
Although registered on TAI today, have been an avid reader of this thread for months. Very enriching for not just an ANHC owner; but other car lovers as well.

Today I ordered a shark fin antenna from Sanhoo as shared above; the curve is desirable.
I plan to order electromagnetic reverse parking sensors like in the link below; mainly to avoid any drilling into the bumper. Anybody with experience in using this type of reverse sensor?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Electromagnetic-Auto-Car-Parking-Reversing-Reverse-Backup-Radar-Sensor/32636478829.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_4_10057_10056_10055_10049_10017_10059_10058_10060_10061_10062_412_10063,searchweb201603_6&btsid=979b97b2-15fb-4546-a537-c11c9c3fd17c
Hello Ronello,

Welcome to the forum [clap]

I did some research on electromagnetic sensor long ago but found it to be fairly useless. First it is not accurate as ultrasonic, car needs to be in motion to detect objects and sometimes conflicts with metal items such as chassis itself, causing beep when there is nothing. It works to some degrees but will not fulfill the purpose. Also heard user complaints like sensor fail to detect anything or go insensitive very soon.

They are not reliable so I don't recommend them but still they are cheap and you may give a try. If it doesn't work then you can easily revert. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Hi All,

I am looking for Fog lamps for my 2009 Honda City SAT. Honda is asking too much of money for fog lamps. Please share link if you have any experience in purchasing fog lamps.

Thanks!

Thread Starter #1,559

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ vaibhavdb

119819d1388317775-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-img_car-ranges.jpg

1. If you would have checked the INDEX page before posting this query, you would have got the answer right now. Please read here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-12.html#post356084 - this is the same quality (Taiwan make) what I have now.

2. You can buy from Aliexpress,(Chinese make) but not sure about the quality.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Head..._2&btsid=8c8e3a45-7777-46d9-ac26-611a9c550836
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auto..._2&btsid=8c8e3a45-7777-46d9-ac26-611a9c550836

3. It is available in all leading auto shops in major cities and cost around 10K.

4. The Honda OE price at Dealers is around 20K.

5. You can go for better looking DRLs instead of FOGs. (Refer Honored Member Akash1886 Car)

Akash ANHC.JPG

All the best!

Hello Friends,

To get better reverse camera angle & placement I have search around internet and found out this on Aliexpress..

CCD Car Reverse Camera for Honda City Auto Backup Rear View Reversing Review Park kit Night Vision Free shipping-in Rear View Camera from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

But as camera already with me I wanted that holding bracket only. Tried to contact different seller how can give me the only bracket. Many sellers are not interested to provide only bracket. On one fine day message from one of the seller pops out into Inbox saying he can provide that bracket. I immediately asked him about the pricing & he quoted me $5.07 which is good price.. I have ordered & received package in around 20 Days..

Link of the Store for Item: Car Parking Camera Rearview Camera SN 826 Fit For Honda CITY/CITY(BUCKLE) Car Rear View Reserve Camera on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Images of Bracket..
IMG_5958.JPG

IMG_5959.JPG

After Fitment on Car..
IMG_5964.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

Placement is good & strudy.. Only -ve point is that the number plate light gets hide behind the bracket..

Top Bottom